Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Oh. What caused it?
A combination of writing special handling functions for reading a splitter in split mode and not implementing the standard lubricant and other calculations inside that function.

P.S. How does the MeteorCraft radar work? I have tried to use it, but nothing happened, even when a meteor landed on top of it. I am supplying power.
Meteor radars only show the spawn and impact of meteorites, in a range equal to their power input (1kW/m). They do nothing to affect meteors.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
A combination of writing special handling functions for reading a splitter in split mode and not implementing the standard lubricant and other calculations inside that function.

Meteor radars only show the spawn and impact of meteorites, in a range equal to their power input (1kW/m). They do nothing to affect meteors.
No, I mean how do they inform you of the meteor? I may just be not interpreting something correctly, but it says on your website that they do.[DOUBLEPOST=1407880429][/DOUBLEPOST]This: "The Meteor Radar will notify you of any meteor spawns or impacts in its (large) range." My question is how.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
No, I mean how do they inform you of the meteor? I may just be not interpreting something correctly, but it says on your website that they do.[DOUBLEPOST=1407880429][/DOUBLEPOST]This: "The Meteor Radar will notify you of any meteor spawns or impacts in its (large) range." My question is how.
By printing it to the chat.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
By printing it to the chat.
Oh. For me it was doing nothing.
EDIT: I was supplying it with 999999^2 watts using a creative coil.
EDIT 2: How do I get old versions of your mods? I want to add expanded redstone, but I would like to stay with V24. Is this even possible?

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
EDIT: I was supplying it with 999999^2 watts using a creative coil.
You probably overflowed it.

EDIT 2: How do I get old versions of your mods? I want to add expanded redstone, but I would like to stay with V24. Is this even possible?
I go out of my way to make it impossible. You have no good reason for wanting to stick with old versions.

Last edited:
Reactions: pizzawolf14

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
@Reika In one of your videos several months ago u showed that vanilla wool can be used to mute engine sounds. In the description you mentioned that there are 5 ways to reduce engine noise. The only way, besides the wool, that i know of, is using Sound Mufflers. What are the 3 other ways?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
@Reika In one of your videos several months ago u showed that vanilla wool can be used to mute engine sounds. In the description you mentioned that there are 5 ways to reduce engine noise. The only way, besides the wool, that i know of, is using Sound Mufflers. What are the 3 other ways?

In game sound control, and IIRC config options. No idea what the other is.

Reactions: Not_Steve

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you

Extra utilities sound muffler
:p

Reactions: Not_Steve

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Is it possible to have pipe and fuel line valves or something to limit the amount of liquid being introduced into a machine or container? Sometimes its nice that each machine has such a deep internal volume... but sometimes you don't want everything going into the first machine along the pipe or line... sometimes you want fluids going into several different machines. Sometimes I don't want to dump as much liquid as the machine can hold. Just enough to consistently run as it may be sharing the same resource with something else. I know that is how real life fluid systems work...
heck maybe have standard pipe/lines and have upgraded pipe/lines with the ability to control output on that single pipe.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to have pipe and fuel line valves or something to limit the amount of liquid being introduced into a machine or container? Sometimes its nice that each machine has such a deep internal volume... but sometimes you don't want everything going into the first machine along the pipe or line... sometimes you want fluids going into several different machines. Sometimes I don't want to dump as much liquid as the machine can hold. Just enough to consistently run as it may be sharing the same resource with something else. I know that is how real life fluid systems work...
heck maybe have standard pipe/lines and have upgraded pipe/lines with the ability to control output on that single pipe.

I think a good example here is having multiple water sprinklers on a water line. Without some form of pressure controlling valve, the first sprinkler uses all the pressure and none of the rest run.

Reactions: DREVL

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
I think a good example here is having multiple water sprinklers on a water line. Without some form of pressure controlling valve, the first sprinkler uses all the pressure and none of the rest run.
very appropriate example.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
That was actually a bug due to sprinklers intaking water even if full.

Then I look forward to trying them again... once I stop running for my life.

Unfortunately I'd only use them on canola. The Harvestcraft crops with Hunger Overhaul completely disables all bone meal effects.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
They do not apply bonemeal effects.

I must be thinking of the Openblocks Sprinkler, which applies bonemeal at a 1/500 chance per tick or 1/200 chance if supplied with bonemeal.

Are you causing extra ticks then? That could be useful.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Most growth accelerators use ticks, the OpenBlocks sprinkler is the only one I know that does not.