Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like a good first mod! I'll call it smitecraft! Server owners or modpack makers or whoever puts a username in the config, and the next time that player joins, he is met with the most hilarious, randomized death message and instkill'd!

PODonnel was vaporized by extreme lightning strike wielding a spiked demonic pair of scissors!
It would be far more interesting than the standard "kicked" messages.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Reactions: Padfoote

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like a good first mod! I'll call it smitecraft! Server owners or modpack makers or whoever puts a username in the config, and the next time that player joins, he is met with the most hilarious, randomized death message and instkill'd!

PODonnel was vaporized by extreme lightning strike wielding a spiked demonic pair of scissors!
What about one that are related to the annoyance? XYZ was obliterated by the complex and unchanging math behind RotaryCraft. (This is a reference to the person who though it was a good idea to ask Reika to remove all the math from RotaryCraft. I am not kidding about this.)

Last edited:
Reactions: pizzawolf14

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
oh and I wasn't volunteering to be the first player to find that my poor toon died after having intimate relations with a steam engine......

really I was joking I don't need THAT suprise next time I log-in to horizons.

Reactions: pizzawolf14

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
Try putting a machine in the worktable and applying redstone. :p
Neato, don't know how I missed that before on the wiki. Doesn't seem to work on the solar tower though (made more than I needed)

Edit: Of course it worked as soon as I posted here.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
So long as it is also unlubricated.

Ok. I thought I knew these things....

How do you remove less than a bucket of lube from an otherwise undamaged gear?

I would have thought that if you disassembled a gearbox, any lube would just be lost. I can appreciate not uncrafting a damaged one.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Have you ever considered simplifying rotarycraft? perhaps removing the animated blocks, sounds and such to make it less of a lag generator? It's also rather hard.... why not model it on successful packs like Thermal expansion.... I mean you want people toplay it, right?

*puts on helmet and dives into a nearby trench*

sorry couldn't help myself....... you must know I'm kidding.
a config option for simplified models wouldn't go amiss; square rather than cross shaped axles, gears using texture rather than polygons for the teeth, enclosed axles/gearboxes (for the in-wall/underground runs)

just those few adaptations would make quite a bit of difference

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
a config option for simplified models wouldn't go amiss; square rather than cross shaped axles, gears using texture rather than polygons for the teeth, enclosed axles/gearboxes (for the in-wall/underground runs)

@Reika my apologies......

eric167

Jul 29, 2019

that sounds like a DF crafted item description.
*the mural is of the highest quality* *it depicts two dwarfs and a dragon* *the first dwarf is poking the dragon**the dwarf is burning**the dwarf is dead**the dragon is angry* *the second dwarf is laughing*

Reactions: YX33A

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com

Having a render at all is where most of the load is.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
that sounds like a DF crafted item description.
*the mural is of the highest quality* *it depicts two dwarfs and a dragon* *the first dwarf is poking the dragon**the dwarf is burning**the dwarf is dead**the dragon is angry* *the second dwarf is laughing*
The second dwarf is me. I actually really like mining, so this is appropriate.[DOUBLEPOST=1408726307][/DOUBLEPOST]

May a large anvil of polygons fall on your head.

Reactions: abculatter_2

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
It's my understanding that anything more than a static block (like stone, or grass) -- anything that has to display something like lights of red, yellow, or green, etc, is going to have overhead. Drawing a rotation in openGl I understand to be cheap.

And ... the rest of the comments sounds like an existing "bad luck" mod -- something about "flim flam"? I've had a friend troll me with it more than once.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
It's my understanding that anything more than a static block (like stone, or grass) -- anything that has to display something like lights of red, yellow, or green, etc, is going to have overhead. Drawing a rotation in openGl I understand to be cheap.
Depends on how you do it. OpenGL, behind the scenes, is just lots of rotation matrices; matrix multiplication (as is done with rotations) can get nasty fast.

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
I was playing around with the Silver Iodide Cannon, but the only thing it does is stop the rain, while it should also be able to make it rain. Are there any special things i have to do in order to make the other functions work?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I was playing around with the Silver Iodide Cannon, but the only thing it does is stop the rain, while it should also be able to make it rain. Are there any special things i have to do in order to make the other functions work?
Did you give it silver iodide?

Matrices are my least favourite thing about regular math.
Agreed.

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
the saw dust to make it stop raining worked, but when we tried to make a superstorm, using silver iodide, redstone dust and glowstone dust, nothing happened.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
So IC2 provides a way to make plant balls from vegetable matter, which then are macerated to make dirt. Could we grind something to also make dirt?

Reactions: 7thfleet