Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to automate blast furnace recipes with Steve's Factory Manager, using it to place items in the right pattern in the "crafting grid". It works with steel, but SFM can't put bedrock dust into the grid (slots 1-9), only into slot 0. It would be nice if one could automatically put items into the grid.

And is there any technical reason why wind springs can't stack while shaft cores can?
Bedrock tension coil. Sigh.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I wanted to automate blast furnace recipes with Steve's Factory Manager, using it to place items in the right pattern in the "crafting grid". It works with steel, but SFM can't put bedrock dust into the grid (slots 1-9), only into slot 0. It would be nice if one could automatically put items into the grid.
It can. As long as you have the recipe already "drawn" in the grid, automation will infinitely refill it and ignore the other slots. Automation is for maintaining an existing recipe, not somehow switching them without interacting with the GUI.

And is there any technical reason why wind springs can't stack while shaft cores can?
Bedrock tension coil. Sigh.
They are tools.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Just ... aauuuuggghh.
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...-am-i-the-stupid-one.49008/page-3#post-726104
I am now trying to run an extractor on a performance engine, and everything is fine, but then I realize the second and third stages don't have enough speed when I use a 16:1 steel gearshaft. So I switch the gearshaft to Speed mode... and suddenly the 1st and 4th stages are out of torque. It's this sort of infuriating switcharound that makes me frustrated; and don't just tell me to use a Jet Turbine either. While it does do the extractor well, the rate it eats Jet fuel means that any survival attempt for it leaves it completely lacking, and can only run for a few seconds.

Do these people completely miss the point of a resource multiplier that needs attention / mode switching?

(Oh, Reika: Thank you for sharing a wonderful thread that I missed :).

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Since reika is here, I woud just like too say how amazing chromaticraft looks!
now I want too play with it :3

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Reika's mods in general are amazing. I, for one, can't wait for the first batch of publicly available 1.7.10 versions of his most excellent mods. My little personal pack is already growing a fair bit, its interesting to see how many favourites I actually have.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Reika's mods in general are amazing. I, for one, can't wait for the first batch of publicly available 1.7.10 versions of his most excellent mods. My little personal pack is already growing a fair bit, its interesting to see how many favourites I actually have.
I keep hearing tantalizing hints to this pack of yours.
We'll have to have a talk sometime.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I keep hearing tantalizing hints to this pack of yours.
We'll have to have a talk sometime.
Huh? This is the first I've mentioned it...at least, that I recall. I dunno if it'd see the light of day, at least for the public. I really don't want to be bothered with gathering permissions for public release. It'd be quite inconvenient, lol.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
It would be nice if there was a fire-resistant jetpack, or maybe if you could get scrap back from an exploded jetpack. I'm a bit fed up because I recently lost one mid-air due to a frikkin' firebat.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Why did you quote this four times lol? "There's a config option for this" isn't the answer to everything.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I was asking because steel shafts and gearboxes do drop scrap when they break, it would make sense for the jetpack as well.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
Just ... aauuuuggghh.
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...-am-i-the-stupid-one.49008/page-3#post-726104

Do these people completely miss the point of a resource multiplier that needs attention / mode switching?

(Oh, Reika: Thank you for sharing a wonderful thread that I missed :).
I have just read through the first two or three pages. Now my desk has a dent right where my head would go if I banged into it. Seriously though, WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!?! Can't they understand the relatively simple math behind Rotarycraft? I personally find Gregtech in the latest versions to be the most infuriating mod ever. It takes an hour+ to make an iron pick! My finding Rotarycraft has been one of the best experiences in my Minecraft playing. My bases usually have one mod that accounts for 50% or more of the space and power and everything, and that mod in 1.6.4 is Rotarycraft.
TL;DR: Rotarycraft is awesome, but people need to know basic math to use it.

Last edited:
Reactions: DriftinFool