Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

WitherBlaster

Jul 29, 2019
I initially had MIDI support. It was a nightmare to implement and it never worked properly. It also was vulnerable to lag.

That said, if you have an implementation...
Hmmm... Maybe if you used .nbs files? I feel like that should be easier to work with than .mid files. (btw, .nbs is basically .mid, except it's specifically designed for note blocks)

linkhyrule5

Jul 29, 2019
Bug report: For some reason, certain machines that can stop working in the middle of operation require breaking and replacing after doing so. In particular, the AC engine, if the shaft core becomes fully demagnetized, will propagate this bug to the entirety of the shaft chain after it - that is, each shaft, clutch, and bevel gear will simply ignore power inputs and refuse to turn until I replace them, as well as any machine I'm powering with the engine. This is doable, if annoying, for small builds, but I'm planning something much larger where it will be completely impractical to completely replace the whole machine at intervals.

Wrong thread, and I have never seen this before. Are you sure it is not just clientside desync?

Fairly sure, as it often occurs immediately after login - I've got something running in a loaded chunk overnight, and I come back to have run out of power.

If you like, I can screenshot the precise setup, if you think it matters.

linkhyrule5

Jul 29, 2019
Attached.

In words - 1-clock to AC engine to shaft to bevel to clutch to:

(inactive) shaft to shaft to coil to safety-shut off
(active) 4:1 to 2:1 to magnetizer

Machine is currently functioning.

(On a side note, the AC engine is stated to work most steadily with a 2-clock, but doubling the frequency to a 1-clock seems to improve results - or did you mean "clock with period 2" and not "clock with duty cycle 2"?)

Attachments

• 2015-01-23_19.38.46.png
    2015-01-23_19.38.46.png
    793.4 KB · Views: 81

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Attached.

In words - 1-clock to AC engine to shaft to bevel to clutch to:

(inactive) shaft to shaft to coil to safety-shut off
(active) 4:1 to 2:1 to magnetizer

Machine is currently functioning.
The setup looks fine, though I question the use of a multiclutch without a redstone connection.

(On a side note, the AC engine is stated to work most steadily with a 2-clock, but doubling the frequency to a 1-clock seems to improve results - or did you mean "clock with period 2" and not "clock with duty cycle 2"?)
Period 2.

Mattasdqwe

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be possible to add dense ores support in RoC? There is a pulveriser recipe: 1 dense ore --> 4 ore, so perhaps the grinder could do the same or better.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Would it be possible to add dense ores support in RoC? There is a pulveriser recipe: 1 dense ore --> 4 ore, so perhaps the grinder could do the same or better.
How does DenseOres work? Does it create dense ores for every ore registered, or only for vanilla ores? Is there OreDict support?

Also, the Extractor/Grinder registries are not built for this.

Mattasdqwe

Jul 29, 2019
It automatically creates dense ores for vanilla ores with a config I believe for other registered ores to be added. As for oredict I'm not sure...

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
This has been asked before - and Thorium fuel exists in ReC - but I do not see anything new that they bring to the gameplay.

You could add thorium as a secondary output for something, perhaps replacing pitchblend in coal, as well as being a very common secondary from pitchblend? Redstone ore could also be a candidate.
It could then either be fissioned on its own as a weak but clean(er) and more common fuel source, or bred into uranium for more power but more waste.

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
You could add thorium as a secondary output for something, perhaps replacing pitchblend in coal, as well as being a very common secondary from pitchblend? Redstone ore could also be a candidate.
It could then either be fissioned on its own as a weak but clean(er) and more common fuel source, or bred into uranium for more power but more waste.
Hm....

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
I know you're not keen on duplicating what other mods can do... But I find myself wishing for a RoC way to generate cobble and stone in scaling methods. ;]

Would that be a potential option for the Obsidian Factory?

Reactions: abculatter_2

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I know you're not keen on duplicating what other mods can do... But I find myself wishing for a RoC way to generate cobble and stone in scaling methods. ;]

Would that be a potential option for the Obsidian Factory?
Not really, not because of function duplication but because "Obsidian Factory" and required GUI and item i/o logic rewrites.

linkhyrule5

Jul 29, 2019
On a side note...

I know that 720 MJ is a lot, but it's also about equivalent to 100 kg of TNT.

Here's 5 kg being completely contained by an armored vault - maybe a foot of steel?

Given this, I feel safe saying that the base-destroying four-meters-of-solid-stone explosion of the Industrial Coil is probably a tad... excessive. Maybe consider toning it down a bit?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
On a side note...

I know that 720 MJ is a lot, but it's also about equivalent to 100 kg of TNT.

Here's 5 kg being completely contained by an armored vault - maybe a foot of steel?

Given this, I feel safe saying that the base-destroying four-meters-of-solid-stone explosion of the Industrial Coil is probably a tad... excessive. Maybe consider toning it down a bit?
The explosion is actually calculated realistically. A test with a precision made steel sphere, precisely designed for the purposes of containing explosions, is not a useful comparison.