Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

SirDoctorOfTardis

Jul 29, 2019
The honeycomb is removed from the hive and the honey may be extracted from that, either by crushing or by using a honey extractor. The honey is then usually filtered to remove beeswax and other debris.

Source: Wikipedia page on Honey.

This is the best I could find.

shinyarceus4

Jul 29, 2019
Would thorum-based fission reactors be practical? Perhaps they could be a cleaner but less powerful alternative to uranium-based fission. I was initially considering suggesting inertial-confinement fusion, but I doubt the practicality of it compared to the already-implemented Tokamak.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Two minor UI requests:

Can you add the current power storage to the coil so you can see it when you right click it? Gears show realtime power passing through them. Maybe vs total or a percent?

Also regarding the coil can you please support hitting tab to change between fields and enter to close the dialog?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Can you add the current power storage to the coil so you can see it when you right click it? Gears show realtime power passing through them. Maybe vs total or a percent?
Why not just use the angular transducer?

Also regarding the coil can you please support hitting tab to change between fields and enter to close the dialog?
I doubt this to be possible with how MC works.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Why not just use the angular transducer?

it just spams the chat area. I noticed gears show their current power in the gui, and given the coil has one I thought it would be easy to add. I wouldn't think it worth the trouble on an item withou a gui already.

I doubt this to be possible with how MC works.

Yeah, it's not built for data entry. Worth a try though.

Reactions: Pyure

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
It should be, but you have to implement it yourself (by handling '\t' and '\n' in onKeyTyped).
I would have to rewrite all of the GUI classes to have a LinkedList of GuiTextField elements, so while possible, it is a significant amount of work and makes a lot of the code access slower and fiddly, as all accesses will be something like list.get(index).

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I would have to rewrite all of the GUI classes to have a LinkedList of GuiTextField elements, so while possible, it is a significant amount of work and makes a lot of the code access slower and fiddly, as all accesses will be something like list.get(index).

My god, that's painful.

Reactions: abculatter_2

immibis

Jul 29, 2019

Are you using your own GUI base class for convenience then? Standard Minecraft has no way to register a GuiTextField; you tell it to draw, accept keys, focus, etc. yourself.

You could still override it for that particular GUI, if that's the only one people want to use <tab> and <enter> in.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using your own GUI base class for convenience then? Standard Minecraft has no way to register a GuiTextField; you tell it to draw, accept keys, focus, etc. yourself.

You could still override it for that particular GUI, if that's the only one people want to use <tab> and <enter> in.

In this day and age, I still read my email in a terminal (mutt). I go into fits when people tell me GUIs are easier. Get off my lawn.

Reactions: abculatter_2

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com

They all do extend a parent class.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Looking at jet engines and choking, does it only look at the block immediately in front of the engine?

Is choking a "good thing" that you might do instead of using an ECU?

Lastly the end of the choke code looks like it's estimating size based on microblocks for a fraction of blockage. Does that mean vanilla half slabs are a problem? Could you get creative to reduce the intake this way if it's a positive thing?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Looking at jet engines and choking, does it only look at the block immediately in front of the engine?

Is choking a "good thing" that you might do instead of using an ECU?

Lastly the end of the choke code looks like it's estimating size based on microblocks for a fraction of blockage. Does that mean vanilla half slabs are a problem? Could you get creative to reduce the intake this way if it's a positive thing?
No, choking has no effect on the fuel consumption, so your fuel efficiency drops.