Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
OK, GT ores are hard to shoehorn into this. Whereas I assume all ores produce a corresponding ingot, dust, gem, or other product, Greg's ores do not generate any corresponding product, instead being sources of base materials. As the registries are written, adding Limonite would mean it produces Limonite Ingots/Dust with iron as a byproduct.

I could just add those ores to the ore dictionary under oreIron, but that likely damages GT's balance.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, that would likely break something. Allmost all GT ores are compounts that are processed into dusts and then turned into its elements by centrifuging, electrolyzing or simply smelting. Limonite Dust smelts into Iron.

And something else. The recipes using coal dust are not oredic. I mean smelting into Graphite or crafting into Ammonion Nitrate.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, interesting. I'm aware of another mod that I'm helping to balance, that features early-game limonite (only one kind) in rivers, beaches, and swamps, that basically smelts to an iron nugget instead of an iron ingot. The idea of this mod is to make the early game harder without being complete overkill -- you get just enough iron early game to survive, and the main sources require searching/prospecting because of rarity. Would something like that be able to be added to your machines?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Hmm, interesting. I'm aware of another mod that I'm helping to balance, that features early-game limonite (only one kind) in rivers, beaches, and swamps, that basically smelts to an iron nugget instead of an iron ingot. The idea of this mod is to make the early game harder without being complete overkill -- you get just enough iron early game to survive, and the main sources require searching/prospecting because of rarity. Would something like that be able to be added to your machines?
?

Yes, that would likely break something. Allmost all GT ores are compounts that are processed into dusts and then turned into its elements by centrifuging, electrolyzing or simply smelting. Limonite Dust smelts into Iron.
The only other way around this would be to write a special wrapper to allow things like Limonite to be treated as iron. I will look into this.

And something else. The recipes using coal dust are not oredic. I mean smelting into Graphite or crafting into Ammonion Nitrate.
This is intentional. For one, it generates conflicts if it was using the ore dictionary.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
What I meant was: this is going to be a form of "bog iron" / limonite, that ultimately generates one nugget of iron per source block (so 9 make an ingot), that use multiple smelts (either 10 or 18, depending on your position in the tech tree), plus the ability to use sluices to filter some more out of gravel nearby.

If I understand things, you give bonuses based on running full ingots worth of stuff in the grinder/extractor. So this would be a different scale (ingot vs. nugget).

The oredict name is "oreLimonite", I believe, without any color tag.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Have you had any reports of bedrock spring boots causing players to get stuck in blocks? I think there's a float point error in the step up logic. Maybe it's SMP only, happens sometimes even on flat surfaces and you have to break the block under you to escape. Sometimes you can keep pushing a direction or jump for a long time to get out. Only happens while wearing these boots. I did check the changelog first, and maybe it's 1.6 specific.

Looking forward to trying out RoC in 1.7 in a few more months!

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Have you had any reports of bedrock spring boots causing players to get stuck in blocks? I think there's a float point error in the step up logic. Maybe it's SMP only, happens sometimes even on flat surfaces and you have to break the block under you to escape. Sometimes you can keep pushing a direction or jump for a long time to get out. Only happens while wearing these boots. I did check the changelog first, and maybe it's 1.6 specific.

Looking forward to trying out RoC in 1.7 in a few more months!
I do see that as well, though I have no idea why it happens. I have an idea on how to fix it - increasing the step height from 1.25 to 1.45 or so - but I am unsure of whether it will work or cause side effects. 1.5 or more will grant the ability to step up 1.5 blocks at a time.

Last edited:

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
I do see that as well, though I have no idea why it happens. I have an idea on how to fix it - increasing the step height from 1.25 to 1.45 or so - but I am unsure of whether it will work or cause side effects. 1.5 or more will grant the ability to step up 1.5 blocks at a time.

Hate to ask, but what do Boots of Travel and the Powersuit Step Assist use? I think it's the same mechanism.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
I do not have a copy of MPS on hand, but ThaumCraft uses 1.0F.

I've also noticed its not strictly on stepping up. I often get it stepping down, sometimes from transparent blocks or undersized blocks (chests, rails, etc). Could it be descent is subtracting and not rounding up?

kefkakrazy

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a question, Reika. Would it be possible to add a recipe allowing the creation of clay? Perhaps rationalized as some sort of synthetic? I wish I knew more about the composition of synthetic clay to make specific suggestions, but there it is.

Most other building blocks can be automated, but clay is something hard to make both with RoC and with other mods. MFR is one of the only mods I can think of with something that produces a clay output, and I tend to try to avoid using MFR personally for the challenge.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Here's a question, Reika. Would it be possible to add a recipe allowing the creation of clay? Perhaps rationalized as some sort of synthetic? I wish I knew more about the composition of synthetic clay to make specific suggestions, but there it is.

Most other building blocks can be automated, but clay is something hard to make both with RoC and with other mods. MFR is one of the only mods I can think of with something that produces a clay output, and I tend to try to avoid using MFR personally for the challenge.
An interesting idea, but I do not know how to produce it. I am not going to add a dedicated machine.
http://ir.uiowa.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1076&context=igsar