Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

JoshBogs

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure where to post bugs for this mod but this overlay issue happened in V3d while mousing over the steel spring boots in the workbench.
Also I noticed that canola seeds can be hand planted on almost any block such as stone, un-tiled dirt, and even on top of already planted seeds. They will pop off unless its just tilled dirt.
Is there a better thread for bug postings?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Not sure where to post bugs for this mod but this overlay issue happened in V3d while mousing over the steel spring boots in the workbench.
Also I noticed that canola seeds can be hand planted on almost any block such as stone, un-tiled dirt, and even on top of already planted seeds. They will pop off unless its just tilled dirt.
This isn't a bad place to post it; Reika responds to bug reports here frequently.

However a better place would be his minecraft forum thread.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick question, about how much netherack should one stockpile for jet fuel? I currently have 262144+ netherack, and the boring machines are still going.
That's probably gonna last you for a while
Soul sand is usually more critical

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
The first is unfixable - I have tried.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like Canola seeds need clear sight to the sky. I tried planting them in the shadow of a redwood tree and they popped off. Are you intending to prevent underground farms this way?

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Looks like Canola seeds need clear sight to the sky. I tried planting them in the shadow of a redwood tree and they popped off. Are you intending to prevent underground farms this way?

They work underground just fine. Just give them light.

JoshBogs

Jul 29, 2019
The Void Monster really brings an eerie feeling especially when mining down near bedrock. Sometimes the sounds reminds me of Durin's Bane from the LORT trilogy when he is chasing the Fellowship through the Mines. Not sure when my first battle will be but I sure am a little scared to face it. Good job on the effects Reika.

JoshBogs

Jul 29, 2019
I tired to find info about the Expanded Redstone clock with no luck on this thread and over at MF.
Is there a way to set the clock to offset on times and off times? Such as 18000 ticks off and 300 ticks on.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I tired to find info about the Expanded Redstone clock with no luck on this thread and over at MF.
Is there a way to set the clock to offset on times and off times? Such as 18000 ticks off and 300 ticks on.
That would be useful for the extractor wouldn't it? :D

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Time to go through my list i made over the past few weeks playing RoC and ReC and it is likely i forgot some things on the way.

Since GregTech removes vanilla Iron Ore, obtaining Sintered Tungsten is quite difficult. Instead, iron is obtained from Yellow/Brown Limonite Ore, Banded Iron Ore or Magnetite. So, how about also processing GT tungsten dust in the Blast Furnace and not only ReC Tungsten Flakes? Alternatively tungsten flakes as sideproduct in the extractor from Limonite?

Also: It is nice to have IC2 support, but once the limits come back into IC2, everything above 8192EU/t will lead to melted cables and explosions. So the EU mode of the Turbine Generator will be unusable. It is allready allmost impossible to store and distribute the power properply. I tried to implement the GT Powersystem myself today before asking so i could provide working code but after 4h trying to setup the devenv only to be stopped by the DragonApi because of wrong version.. So, how about implementing GTs IEnergyConnected and letting the Turbine generator outputting something like 1Amp per 2 kNm and 1V per 16rad/s? (~8192V @ 48Amp or 390kEU/t with an HP Turbine at full power)

The IC2 EU implenentation also seems to act up a bit. I have to replace machines sometimes until they connnect to IC2 cables.

And last: About the Lubricant use of the Turbines. I think they need too much lubricant. It is a good idea to still have a use for the canola farm but running multible turbines needs soo much lubricant that lag farms are necessary. How about being able to throttle the lubricant use of turbine while lowering the efficiency? Something like: Turbine speed^2 = Lubricant use and constant Steam usage. So half the power with the same Steam but 25% the lubricant use or 25% power but only 6.25% lubricant use. Its like that in reality too. Only running machinery close to its limit needs lots of lubricant. There is not even any need for so much power in the end, so why not material efficientcy instead of extreme power?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Instead, iron is obtained from Yellow/Brown Limonite Ore, Banded Iron Ore or Magnetite.
Doesn't Gregtech also have "normal" iron ore which is oredicted with vanilla iron ore? This should be working in the extractor. But well you're right in that the other types of iron ore cannot be used.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Since GregTech removes vanilla Iron Ore, obtaining Sintered Tungsten is quite difficult. Instead, iron is obtained from Yellow/Brown Limonite Ore, Banded Iron Ore or Magnetite. So, how about also processing GT tungsten dust in the Blast Furnace and not only ReC Tungsten Flakes? Alternatively tungsten flakes as sideproduct in the extractor from Limonite?
Better would be for the Extractor to support those ores. I need their oreDict names.

Also: It is nice to have IC2 support, but once the limits come back into IC2, everything above 8192EU/t will lead to melted cables and explosions. So the EU mode of the Turbine Generator will be unusable.[/QUOTE]
Use ElectriCraft's EU splitter.

The IC2 EU implenentation also seems to act up a bit. I have to replace machines sometimes until they connnect to IC2 cables.?
It needs a block update to connect.

And last: About the Lubricant use of the Turbines. I think they need too much lubricant. It is a good idea to still have a use for the canola farm but running multible turbines needs soo much lubricant that lag farms are necessary. How about being able to throttle the lubricant use of turbine while lowering the efficiency? Something like: Turbine speed^2 = Lubricant use and constant Steam usage. So half the power with the same Steam but 25% the lubricant use or 25% power but only 6.25% lubricant use. Its like that in reality too. Only running machinery close to its limit needs lots of lubricant. There is not even any need for so much power in the end, so why not material efficientcy instead of extreme power?
It is not possible to manually throttle a turbine, nor will it ever be.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't Gregtech also have "normal" iron ore which is oredicted with vanilla iron ore? This should be working in the extractor. But well you're right in that the other types of iron ore cannot be used.
Most of it was replaced by Malacite a few Versions ago. Now only a few spawn inside of Magnetite Veins. But that is like 1 vein with 100 block iron ore every 100 chunks and most of it spawns inside the nether.

Better would be for the Extractor to support those ores. I need their oreDict names.
Magnetite <oreMagnetite><oreNetherrackMagnetite> <oreEndstoneMagnetite><oreBlackgraniteMagnetite><oreRedgraniteMagnetite>
Brown Limonite <oreBrownLimonite> <oreNetherrackBrownLimonite><oreEndstoneBrownLimonite><oreBlackgraniteBrownLimonite><oreRedgraniteBrownLimonite>
Yellow Limonite <oreYellowLimonite> <oreNetherrackYellowLimonite><oreEndstoneYellowLimonite><oreBlackgraniteYellowLimonite><oreRedgraniteYellowLimonite>
Banded Iron <oreBandedIron> <oreNetherrackBandedIron><oreEndstoneBandedIron><oreBlackgraniteBandedIron><oreRedgraniteBandedIron>
Pyrite (50% Iron+50% Sulfur) <orePyrite> <oreNetherrackPyrite><oreEndstonePyrite><oreBlackgranitePyrite><oreRedgranitePyrite>
But when processing it the RoC way there is no way to get the GT sideproducts. Magnetite is GTs main way of getting Gold and Limonite contains most of the Nickel.

It needs a block update to connect.
Doesn't placing the cable create a block update?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Most of it was replaced by Malacite a few Versions ago. Now only a few spawn inside of Magnetite Veins. But that is like 1 vein with 100 block iron ore every 100 chunks and most of it spawns inside the nether.

Magnetite <oreMagnetite><oreNetherrackMagnetite> <oreEndstoneMagnetite><oreBlackgraniteMagnetite><oreRedgraniteMagnetite>
Brown Limonite <oreBrownLimonite> <oreNetherrackBrownLimonite><oreEndstoneBrownLimonite><oreBlackgraniteBrownLimonite><oreRedgraniteBrownLimonite>
Yellow Limonite <oreYellowLimonite> <oreNetherrackYellowLimonite><oreEndstoneYellowLimonite><oreBlackgraniteYellowLimonite><oreRedgraniteYellowLimonite>
Banded Iron <oreBandedIron> <oreNetherrackBandedIron><oreEndstoneBandedIron><oreBlackgraniteBandedIron><oreRedgraniteBandedIron>
Pyrite (50% Iron+50% Sulfur) <orePyrite> <oreNetherrackPyrite><oreEndstonePyrite><oreBlackgranitePyrite><oreRedgranitePyrite>
But when processing it the RoC way there is no way to get the GT sideproducts. Magnetite is GTs main way of getting Gold and Limonite contains most of the Nickel.
Magnetite and pyrite are already supported, but do not give iron as a bonus. I will do that, and add limonite with a nickel bonus.

Doesn't placing the cable create a block update?
The cable needs an update, not the generator/motor.