Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

Omega Haxors

Jul 29, 2019
Just now checking out RotaryCraft, having fun...and forgot I have MeteorCraft installed. Nice little reminder landed in the next chunk over, though...and scared the ever-living @&$% out of me in the process. Frikkin' awesome.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~

What was that sound?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~ BOOOOOOM!

Oh my god what happened to my base!?

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Aluminum is currently something that doesnt have much use in just RoC unless you like fire, so you could just mix sand and aluminum dust to make a block of clay.

Something i would like to add to this: aluminum dust can be acquired from both redstone and lapis ore in the extractor, and to my knowledge has no use other then making fire in the fire starter. Even if the dirt centrifuging is added clay would be a fine use for it.

WitherBlaster

Jul 29, 2019

What was that sound?

Oh my god what happened to my base!?

Actually, it was more like:

Holy motherf%#&er sh%& is that a jet? Why do I hear a f%#&ing jet?

OMFG WHAT THE FHTRUBVSFUGFTUYTIVKGFNVSRIHEGIUHR-Oh yeah, MeteorCraft...nice crater. :D

Also, my 'base' consisted of: 1 crafting table, 1 worktable, 1 blast furnace, 2 DC engines, 1 fermenter, 1 pump, 6 wooden shafts, and 5 liquid pipes. Playing in creative to familiarize myself with the mods before I play survival. Also also, ChromatiCraft is thoroughly confusing me. I can't figure out the handbook. Little help, please?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Also, my 'base' consisted of: 1 crafting table, 1 worktable, 1 blast furnace, 2 DC engines, 1 fermenter, 1 pump, 6 wooden shafts, and 5 liquid pipes. Playing in creative to familiarize myself with the mods before I play survival. Also also, ChromatiCraft is thoroughly confusing me. I can't figure out the handbook. Little help, please?
You need to explore to find more pages to put in the book.

JoshBogs

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all,
Its great that the gear boxes maintain the lubrication when broken. Could the same concept be extend to maintain the fuel in engines/turbines as well? Or maybe a drain function on turbines other than bucketing? I couldn't get Ender IO conduits to draw it out.

Found an bug with the CVT earlier. When the mouse was over the lubrication tank the label was offset in my single player world. When the window is maximized the label is further away compared to a smaller window.

Also noticed that many RoC things are destroy when broken with a Tinker hammer. Is this on Tinker's side?

Used my first multi-direction clutch on an early game extractor setup. Worked perfectly. Kind of slow production in this picture but added another micro to speed it up. Took a bit to find out the tungsten bi-product was moved to iron ore instead of redstone but it was a good decision.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Hello all,
Its great that the gear boxes maintain the lubrication when broken. Could the same concept be extend to maintain the fuel in engines/turbines as well? Or maybe a drain function on turbines other than bucketing? I couldn't get Ender IO conduits to draw it out.
Use the backup fuel tank, which can remove 32 (or was it 64?) buckets at a time.

Found an bug with the CVT earlier. When the mouse was over the lubrication tank the label was offset in my single player world. When the window is maximized the label is further away compared to a smaller window.
I will fix this.

Also noticed that many RoC things are destroy when broken with a Tinker hammer. Is this on Tinker's side?
Not a bug, and a small amount of reflection reveals why.

Okay, good to know.
...How do I find pages? Are they in dungeon chests, or randomly scattered throughout the world, or what?
They are primarily dungeon loot.
V4 will add three prefab structures that effectively increases their spawn rate.

WitherBlaster

Jul 29, 2019
They are primarily dungeon loot.
V4 will add three prefab structures that effectively increases their spawn rate.
Good to know. I can already tell that it's going to take a LONG time to get very far in this mod... *sigh* Guess I better get started.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019

I think it has to do with a method used by TiCon tools not returning true when it ought to be. Its likely a similar story to the atomic disassembler from Mekanism, which also destroys RoC machines instead of breaking them. This is one reason I always carry one vanilla iron (or better) pick in my bag of holding at all times, just in case I need to reposition RoC machines.

kefkakrazy

Jul 29, 2019
Good to know. I can already tell that it's going to take a LONG time to get very far in this mod... *sigh* Guess I better get started.

It looks worse than it really is, to be honest. There's a learning curve to get past with how things set up mechanically, but once you understand how RotaryCraft functions, you can get to the point of doing some fairly basic stuff without a ton of trouble. Top-tier stuff takes longer, but I feel as if RoC progression is in many respects as much a learning curve as anything else.

I like, for example, the fact that an abundant supply of iron and a modest supply of other noteworthy materials is enough to go quite a distance before hitting a wall (generally, I think, represented by needing iron ore for tungsten and such).

You don't really need much in the way of "Special" materials until you hit performance engines (require fuel additives for full output) and jet fuel (requires a ghast tear, blaze powder, and ground Nether materials to produce).

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I think it has to do with a method used by TiCon tools not returning true when it ought to be. Its likely a similar story to the atomic disassembler from Mekanism, which also destroys RoC machines instead of breaking them. This is one reason I always carry one vanilla iron (or better) pick in my bag of holding at all times, just in case I need to reposition RoC machines.
No, it is because this:
smashed-computer-3.jpg

[Depressing side note]

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I think what Reika is saying is, he could make a hammer mine a machine, but it makes more sense to say that a hammer destroys a machine.

The hammer is the large (3x3) ground breaking tool, right? Kinda lacks any precision.

What if your hammer has silk touch?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
um don't pickaxes successfully retrieve RoC machines?

I don't think the explanation here is really realism.
The only reason pickaxes mine machines is because not doing so is incredibly tedious for the player (see: IC2).

What if your hammer has silk touch?
That is an oxymoron. "I am going to smash this block to pieces....gently."

Reactions: Demosthenex

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The only reason pickaxes mine machines is because not doing so is incredibly tedious for the player (see: IC2).
Agreed, but like it or not the same argument applies to (most) pickaxes. To a lesser extent? Possibly analogous to mining with C4 vs TNT.

I suspect the real reason is "straightening this out with whoever mods tico these days isn't worth the effort." I'm lazy so that would be my argument anyway.

That is an oxymoron. "I am going to smash this block to pieces....gently."
Smashing with silk-touch is a minecraft realism fact. Canon. Can't mess with it with realism arguments. All you can reasonably say is "I don't wanna", which is perfectly valid.

(Alternately, you can argue that silk touch allows you to finely manipulate subjects, possibly by virtue of being very lightweight)

WitherBlaster

Jul 29, 2019
It looks worse than it really is, to be honest. There's a learning curve to get past with how things set up mechanically, but once you understand how RotaryCraft functions, you can get to the point of doing some fairly basic stuff without a ton of trouble. Top-tier stuff takes longer, but I feel as if RoC progression is in many respects as much a learning curve as anything else.

I like, for example, the fact that an abundant supply of iron and a modest supply of other noteworthy materials is enough to go quite a distance before hitting a wall (generally, I think, represented by needing iron ore for tungsten and such).

You don't really need much in the way of "Special" materials until you hit performance engines (require fuel additives for full output) and jet fuel (requires a ghast tear, blaze powder, and ground Nether materials to produce).
I was referring to ChromatiCraft.

Also, I want to make MeteorCraft meteors fall less often (I thought they were supposed to fall about once an hour? I got 3 in less than 30 minutes!). Do i make the config value larger or smaller?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I suspect the real reason is "straightening this out with whoever mods tico these days isn't worth the effort."
No. I already have a TiC handler that can detect when a player is using a hammer.

Well to be fair, TiCon pickaxes don't work either. Atleast last I tried
They should.

Also, I want to make MeteorCraft meteors fall less often (I thought they were supposed to fall about once an hour? I got 3 in less than 30 minutes!). Do i make the config value larger or smaller?
Bigger. rand.nextInt(arg).

JoshBogs

Jul 29, 2019
HLSA steel/ bedrock pics are what I usually use when breaking machinery. Derped and selected the mining hammer on accident.

"I am going to smash this block to pieces....gently."
lol

I know exo-skeletons don't really have a place in the mod but I have thought of an awesome reason. A hand held sonic borer powered by a coil backpack. Given the recent discussion it can be used to mine and break machinery in a variable 1x1/3x3/5x5 area using sound waves just like the sonic borer. Just a thought.

I noticed some issues with NEI. Not sure which end the issues is on.
  • Bedrock/creative coil are not listed only the steel coil 4497:2 (They can be found in vanilla creative)
  • duplicate bedrock armor
    • Chestplate 4460
    • Leggings 4461
    • Boots 4462
    • Helmet of revealing 4491

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, as much as I love the bedrock axe, I think it is seriously excessive. May I please suggest turning it down from "Deforestation" to "chop a tree"?

===

Oh, how can I add in a new tree type? Specifically, a mod is adding a "dead" tree made of rotting logs (no leaves to worry about).