Breach: The Lost Apprentice [HQM] [Early WIP]

Gamingmaster01

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know about you guys but this sounds like a good pack to get out now and start alpha testing as one person testing isn't ever enough

Montybone1234

Jul 29, 2019
I literally just went "Oh oh oh!" This looks amazing! I CAN FINALLY BE A WIZARD (with quests)!

Edit: I would love to be a beta tester if needed.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Sorry for neglecting the project so long. Hexxit II took up more of my time than expected. Plus I've been examining my mechanics. The problem I have atm is that the Regrowth pack pretty much did the way I'm trying to make resources...and did it better than I could hope to using that method. At this point I don't want to come off as a pale imitation.

Actually, I've been checking out a lot of the new packs coming out and I'm just floored. Regrowth, Journey to the Core, Blast Off, ME^4, and on, and on, and on. I'm glad to see it, but I am sort of struggling to find my footing. The bar has risen since Crash Landing...and I'll have to rise to the challenge. Breach, at this moment, hasn't clicked yet. I'm not giving up, but development might be back burned for a while while I try to plan things out better...

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for neglecting the project so long. Hexxit II took up more of my time than expected. Plus I've been examining my mechanics. The problem I have atm is that the Regrowth pack pretty much did the way I'm trying to make resources...and did it better than I could hope to using that method. At this point I don't want to come off as a pale imitation.

Actually, I've been checking out a lot of the new packs coming out and I'm just floored. Regrowth, Journey to the Core, Blast Off, ME^4, and on, and on, and on. I'm glad to see it, but I am sort of struggling to find my footing. The bar has risen since Crash Landing...and I'll have to rise to the challenge. Breach, at this moment, hasn't clicked yet. I'm not giving up, but development might be back burned for a while while I try to plan things out better...
Oh, um, hehe and thanks I guess. But in all honesty while Jaded originally defined the whole idea of the gamepack, if you hadn't done what you did with Crash Landing and keeping the ball rolling, I'm not sure that the style of pack would ever have become so prolific as it has now. Crash Landing was amazing considering the limited scope of the tools available at the time, and honestly its just great that there's this whole new generation of mods coming through that are so amazingly customizable.
In any case, I'm sure you'll come up with a way to generate resources in a manner that suits the pack. Regrowth is heavily built around simply gating the access to a resource than allowing you to have as much as you'll ever need quite happily, and as such the late game recipes I've implemented thus far are heavily built around having a processing cost to give them value. Maybe you could do a more tier base progression, where its hard to produce much of a resource when you first get it, but better methods become available later? The caveat of this would be trying to find an appropriate way to counter the ridiculous tendency in this community that bigger is better, so if it was farming based, you'd want to try and somehow limit the ease of farm expansion.
At any rate, it's your pack, and I'm sure you'll find a way to make it work and produce a pack that people can enjoy and might inspire yet another generation of this type of pack in the future.

Reactions: loboca

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019

Oh, um, hehe and thanks I guess. But in all honesty while Jaded originally defined the whole idea of the gamepack, if you hadn't done what you did with Crash Landing and keeping the ball rolling, I'm not sure that the style of pack would ever have become so prolific as it has now. Crash Landing was amazing considering the limited scope of the tools available at the time, and honestly its just great that there's this whole new generation of mods coming through that are so amazingly customizable.

Well I think I speak for many people when I say both of your packs are extremely enjoyable. Especially for the clear themes and mod interactions. I will be keeping a close eye on whatever you two create in the future :)

Thanks heaps!

Reactions: loboca

MinecraftingDAD

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds good Iskandar! Looking forward to testing this pack out. Never was a big fan of the Crystals but as with anything, In this type of pack they make sense. Also very neat to see someone approach the resource issue with crystals.

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com

I feel like I'm having a similar problem :/ Don't give up though you have amazing ideas. ;)

Reactions: loboca and Yulife

FunshineX

Jul 29, 2019
Interested and hoping this doesn't die! Also hoping flux crystals is much better than the version used in ME4

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Iskander i know you said that other mod pack took the idea you had for this pack and used it so you were trying to figured out what to do and i know that this idea is considered tech not magic but maybe you could use bees for the ore production in this pack instead of all outplants. Or combine the 2 there is a magic set for bees anyway so it would not be to far out there. Just an idea?

Tommyboy212

Jul 29, 2019
This is Great!Heard about it like 4 months or 3 months ago but knew it wasnt gonna be out for quite a long time.Do your best and I hope you can make it very enjoyable and I'm looking forward to all the fun things you have changed to make the gameplay better or more challenging.

Tommyboy212

Jul 29, 2019
Iskander i know you said that other mod pack took the idea you had for this pack and used it so you were trying to figured out what to do and i know that this idea is considered tech not magic but maybe you could use bees for the ore production in this pack instead of all outplants. Or combine the 2 there is a magic set for bees anyway so it would not be to far out there. Just an idea?
Which modpack exactly took the idea?

BigManVegas

Jul 29, 2019
I had an idea if you scraped the fluxed crystals for agricraft then possibly tweaked the recipes to use the crucible/infusion to get certain seeds.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I believe he said regrowth on his post.

MALPHITE

Jul 29, 2019
Iskandar, you did a brilliant job with Crash landing, im sure this will turn out great as well. looking forward to seeing the modpack.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Wonders if Atonement: Sins of the Past modpack is different from this one. So far I'm liking and enjoying it (on curse voice client).

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Atonement is different from this. Atonement is sort of a palette cleanser type pack for me. Instead of trying to go all complicated and intricate and in depth tweaking, it is much more simple and open ended while still maintaining as much challenge and depth as I can pack in. It works fairly well, I think

Reactions: tetshio