Botania - An innovative natural magic themed tech mod (Not in beta any more!)

Ashley Hughes

Jul 29, 2019
I am having an issues with trying to get Living wood, placed around Pure daisy. The stone changes but the wood doesn't. The wood doesn't get the stone particles ether running (Beta - 39)

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
I am having an issues with trying to get Living wood, placed around Pure daisy. The stone changes but the wood doesn't. The wood doesn't get the stone particles ether running (Beta - 39)
Usually it helps to say what wood you are trying to change :p
And you're modlist is, since this could be a mod interaction bug xD

Ashley Hughes

Jul 29, 2019
Oak wood I'm using the only mod I thought might be stopping it was chisel so I removed it and replaced the oak blocks to no avail when I get home I can list all my mods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ashley Hughes

Jul 29, 2019
Thats all my mod's using default configs so far.

AE-16
AromaCore - Backup - Dimensional World 1.0.2
AsieLib - 0.2.3
Blood Magic -v1.0.1e
Botania beta-39
Buildcraft 6.0.15
Chisel 1.5.3
ChickenCore 1.0.0
CompactDisplayHud 1.0.2
ExtraUtil - 1.1.0a
InventoryTweaks -116
Jabba 1.1.3
Mantle - 0.2.8
MapWriter - 2.1.1
TConstruct 1.6.0.a14
Thaumcraft - 4.1.1.14
Warp book 1.0.35

Ashley Hughes

Jul 29, 2019
5XHNueU.png
mKmmlQF.png

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
You just clearly said you're on an old version and then you go on to report a "bug", what's the point? Update please.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I tried to figure out how to do an addon, and realized that my Java skills are sorely lacking.

In brief: Garden Defense. Plants that consume mana to shoot projectiles. Upgraded plants that either shoot projectiles for more damage or that also inflict a potion effect, or shoot multiple projectiles. Not in any way related to a PopCap game which also involves using a garden to defend against an invasion of undead, of course. Clearly. Ahem.

Reactions: YX33A

Ashley Hughes

Jul 29, 2019
Well that fixed it, I didn't notice that there was a version 40, I just picked the top of the large list. My mistake

Thanks for the help

naughtyfins

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance of a config option to decrease flower spawn rates? I'd like to play with the mod more but the flowers are very bright and in the large numbers they currently spawn in it makes things look a little messy!

monkey

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure what that is, I go to the creative tab all the time and never got it.
strange me just went to open minecraft and record doing the same thing that made the crash and ya its not doing it no idea @_@ stupid mod making me out to be a lire XD
for real tho grate mod me really like magic :D

random qustion how is a mod about flowers tech???? o3o

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Folks, incredibly silly question here:

What do people use Botania for?

I've been watching this mod for a while. I'd love to learn more and tinker with it, but I haven't figured out what I can accomplish with it and why I should check it out. I see from thread page 1 I can enchant with it and make some items.

What items are particularly popular? Is there anything particularly overpowered cool, like RoC's extractor, that I can aim for?
http://vazkii.us/mod/Botania/index.php
http://vazkii.us/mod/Botania/index.php is a beautiful website, and lists how the mod works, and what its general guidelines are. But I can't seem to find a list of blocks that you can create and what they do. (Bear in mind that in-game manuals only count for those who are already using the mod, not those sitting on the fence)

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019

I've been watching this mod for a while. I'd love to learn more and tinker with it, but I haven't figured out what I can accomplish with it and why I should check it out. I see from thread page 1 I can enchant with it and make some items.

What items are particularly popular? Is there anything particularly overpowered cool, like RoC's extractor, that I can aim for?
http://vazkii.us/mod/Botania/index.php is a beautiful website, and lists how the mod works, and what its general guidelines are. But I can't seem to find a list of blocks that you can create and what they do. (Bear in mind that in-game manuals only count for those who are already using the mod, not those sitting on the fence)

Let me try to explain what the mod itself is about, in a few words....

Without being cheesy or derogatory, this is a "flower power" mod. Game mechanics revolve around setting up conducive arrangement of said flowers to absorb energy from the universe, craft specific items that then focus or collect the energy into usable form ('mana' henceforth), and then build up one's armour, defences, etc.

Another analogy would be the way you use the Ex Nihilo and its cousin mods. Only, here it is on an "exploratory map". You are provided with set of tools for "collecting some items" by the mod, and the mod gameplay mechanics allow for collection, concentration and conversion of said collected items. (Think thaumcraft here as well)

Reactions: Pyure

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
random qustion how is a mod about flowers tech???? o3o

It's a tech nod not in theme, but in design. The mod's main focus is the ability to use the blocks and flowers it gives you to create systems, thus, a tech mod.

In all honesty, I don't think many people uses botania for anything, given that it's a vastly underpowered mod conpared to what others provide.

As I've said above, the concept is simple, creating flowers and tools which provide unique abilities that you can join to create systems. Some examples can be the Orechid, which creates ores in nearby stone blocks. The Loonium, which spawns in dungeon loot. The Fallen Kanade which gives regeneration to anyone nearby, so on.

Items wise, there's quite a few good ones, the Terra Firma Rod allows you to terraform terrain in a given shape, the Golden Laurel Crown protects you from death once, the Terra Shatterer is an AoE pick you have to level up with mana, the Alchemy Catalyst opens up a lot of new recipes to create vanilla and mod items, the Horn of the Wild clears out grass better than any sickle I've seen, the Ring of Chordata gives you pretty good underwater movement, the Mana Blaster is pretty versatile and can be used as a mining lazer of sorts, the list goes on.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019

Apparently you don't watch dw20's server play series. There is a really cheaty OP useful synergy with Blood Magic. The Fallen Kanade is a flower that gives you regen 4 which is a really nice jump start for filling your blood altar :p
Not sure if this in the 1.6 version or not though.

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019

It isn't exactly aimed towards progression, or a stage of the game, it's merely a mod that aims itself at being... Renewable. No set up is ever unrepeatable, and could be built anywhere, anytime without spending hours grinding towards those goals.

But as Vazkii said it's a tech mod, but of a diffrent variety. Instead of cables, and conversions and other levels of tech we may be use to, this goes about transferring and handling things in different/ interesting ways.

You could make a flower that could power an erray of vanilla furnaces with flowers that could eat leave blocks for power... or directly from the sun itself.. Grab arcane bellows and you can make something that smelts lightning quick.

You can set up home defense where monsters bicker and quabel, and also lay down tiger lily's so the creepers never have a chance to ruin your home. But Botania never gives a direct awnser to a problem, it gives you things that are open to interpretation in how you use them. I never would have thought about a tree farm using botania until that reddit post... The limiting factors in this mod tend to be the imagination, and call forth a challenge in where you might take it.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You could make a flower that could power an erray of vanilla furnaces with flowers that could eat leave blocks for power... or directly from the sun itself.. Grab arcane bellows and you can make something that smelts lightning quick.

You can set up home defense where monsters bicker and quabel, and also lay down tiger lily's so the creepers never have a chance to ruin your home. But Botania never gives a direct awnser to a problem, it gives you things that are open to interpretation in how you use them. I never would have thought about a tree farm using botania until that reddit post... The limiting factors in this mod tend to be the imagination, and call forth a challenge in where you might take it.
KillerRamer, thanks, this is excellent info.

So far I see:
- furnace fuel
- pve defense

Apparently you don't watch dw20's server play series. There is a really cheaty OP useful synergy with Blood Magic. The Fallen Kanade is a flower that gives you regen 4 which is a really nice jump start for filling your blood altar :p
Not sure if this in the 1.6 version or not though.
Correct; although I do watch some of his spotlights.
And one day I may check out blood magic, but I'm a techer; Botania first.

It's a tech nod not in theme, but in design. The mod's main focus is the ability to use the blocks and flowers it gives you to create systems, thus, a tech mod.

In all honesty, I don't think many people uses botania for anything, given that it's a vastly underpowered mod conpared to what others provide.
RoC players such as myself appreciate mods that promote organic design. Instead of giving me a big block that does just X, you provide a dozen smaller blocks that do a bunch of things you probably haven't even anticipated yet.

As I've said above, the concept is simple, creating flowers and tools which provide unique abilities that you can join to create systems. Some examples can be the Orechid, which creates ores in nearby stone blocks. The Loonium, which spawns in dungeon loot. The Fallen Kanade which gives regeneration to anyone nearby, so on.

Items wise, there's quite a few good ones, the Terra Firma Rod allows you to terraform terrain in a given shape, the Golden Laurel Crown protects you from death once, the Terra Shatterer is an AoE pick you have to level up with mana, the Alchemy Catalyst opens up a lot of new recipes to create vanilla and mod items, the Horn of the Wild clears out grass better than any sickle I've seen, the Ring of Chordata gives you pretty good underwater movement, the Mana Blaster is pretty versatile and can be used as a mining lazer of sorts, the list goes on.
To my personal list I can add:
- Ore creation (this is cool!)
- Dungeon loot creation (uses same loot lists as dungeon chests??)
- Regeneration points.
- Cool items. (Interested in the terra shatterer, particularly if its useful compared to a TiCo hammer)

Thanks a bunch for the info people.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
You guys forgot the ungodly strong Baubles. Free FireRes and Boots of the Traveler under any armor? YES PLEASE

It is the ultimate early-game and utility magic mod.

Reactions: Dylan4ever