Botania - An innovative natural magic themed tech mod (Not in beta any more!)

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
Also, due to request, decoration blocks.
7gVti.png

NitronTech00

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have any plans on cross mod interactions stuff or whatever with thaumcraft or thaumic tinkerer and maybe industrialcraft? Looks really fun and im going to download it as soon as i get my computers internet back. Keep up the good work!

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have any plans on cross mod interactions stuff or whatever with thaumcraft or thaumic tinkerer and maybe industrialcraft? Looks really fun and im going to download it as soon as i get my computers internet back. Keep up the good work!

I'll make those blocks up there into multiparts, but I'm not planning much else.

Boccob

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to figure out how to use the bore lense effectively. On it's own it breaks everything but obsidian. It also breaks Cobalt and Ardite.

I think my problem is that it requires a mana holding block on the other end of the beam for it to even send out a block breaking pulse. Am I missing something or is that its intended use?

I did manage to put together a tree farm concept though
http://i.imgur.com/LKxhs4Q.jpg

Reactions: Vazkii

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Might as well show people a PR i was writign earlier on... :)
Meet the Hydroangeas http://puu.sh/7iOdJ.jpg (Not textured or anything yet, since Vazkii loves his pink and black), this is a generating flower that uses water to create Mana.
It runs on the principle of "slow and steady", because it has a cooldown timer in a sense, meaning that it can be used for a bit more power generation than the daisy, but requiring a more complicated setup (water placing and stuff)
To be exact, it takes away the water blocks next to it and destroys them, then creating mana :)

Boccob

Jul 29, 2019
To be exact, it takes away the water blocks next to it and destroys them, then creating mana :)

Is that needed? There's a few ways around that. Doesn't rotary craft need moving water for the water wheels? Something like that may be better in the long run.

If the flower doesn't eat sources unless they are adjacent, then even a vanilla infinite water source would defeat it?

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Is that needed? There's a few ways around that. Doesn't rotary craft need moving water for the water wheels? Something like that may be better in the long run.

If the flower doesn't eat sources unless they are adjacent, then even a vanilla infinite water source would defeat it?
It eats ALL the blocks at the same tick, meaning that the infinite water sources can never be created :)[DOUBLEPOST=1393958608][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can it use water in tanks? Or would that be too complicated?
Nope, i have no idea how to do it decently :S