Botania - An innovative natural magic themed tech mod (Not in beta any more!)

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
Jeez you're obnoxious.
I don't think I have done anything to be called that. The Corporea system has no use, If you want something like it that actually usable use an AE system. Want a Magic Version? Use Automagy or Aura Cascade. All three of those are significantly better. Maybe you just want one for Botania because you don't want Thaumcraft, Applied Energistics or Aura Cascade, Well good on ya but it would be better to just use chests because you cant actually see all of your items; Your not 100% sure of what you have unless you ask it. The Corporea system is much more cumbersome than chests to the point that it's like using Dosbox.

Now I'm obnoxious.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
A way of getting an overview over all stored items would be nice indeed...

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
And before the first person suggests a wildcard function for Corporea, one that would allow you to output all the items it knows about?

NO.

That would VERY quickly devolve into useless. Ever done a recursive DIR command without piping it to a logfile or using the /p flag? Note how minecraft has neither of those?
The access to that kind of data REQUIRES A GUI. Which this mod has a bajillion of ANYWAY. If you think color on a flower isn't a GUI element, you may want to read the definition of "GUI" again.
Mana pools fill level? GUI. It's a graphical cue that passes information from the machine to the user.
Wand of the Forest bind mode wireframes? GUI.
Lexica Botania? Classical GUI.

That being said, even if you don't want a block that pops up a text box, the ability to automatically request things from a corpora system is a good one. Maybe give the wand of the forest Functional mode right click switch the "spark" to a new listen mode where it will intercept the next line spoken by the binding player and release it on mana burst and/or redstone pulse? Maybe let Bind give the ability to repeat the line? Possibly have something grant the ability to store multiple lines in this requester to be executed sequentially, once per pulse? That would grant a fun interaction with the Crafty Crate that wouldn't require complex (and error-prone) redstone timing systems. Just send X pulses of mana or redstone and tadah!

Heck the ability to store a crafting recipe in a corporea node above a crafty crate would make a VERY nice and powerful Logistics Pipes type system.

Reactions: Zandorum

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
You could do it as simply as allowing a empty-hand (shift) right-click function that temporarily intercepts your mouse-wheel or up/down/left/right keys for the purposes of scrolling through a 3x3 grid of items your corporea system knows about, maybe with the left/right directions giving you alternate options for display order? Item ID, Mod ID, Total Stored, etc.

Then it's a lot like the Halo.

Maybe have a special Corporea spark?

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Love the mod, got a quick question. Does it make sense to attach multiple Endoflames to a single spreader, or do they produce too much mana? I'm not sure, because I'm not sure how exactly to interpret what I see after right-clicking them with the Wand.

Right now I place one Endoflame per spreader like this:

hfDQc6T.png

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Love the mod, got a quick question. Does it make sense to attach multiple Endoflames to a single spreader, or do they produce too much mana? I'm not sure, because I'm not sure how exactly to interpret what I see after right-clicking them with the Wand.

Right now I place one Endoflame per spreader like this:

hfDQc6T.png
You can have up to 3 endoflames per standard mana spreader.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
You can have up to 3 endoflames per standard mana spreader.

Thanks :) I kinda wish that they could smartly switch to another spreader nearby when their linked spreader is full.

I have to say, this mod allows for some nice aesthetics:
08paxMC.jpg

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Was wondering if I'm the only one that has this problem. I started using 1 exoflame to fuel nether furnaces but once i tried to use them, it converts them into regular vanilla furnace. (botania ver is based on 0.65 regrowth modpack)

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Is there any in-depth explanation of the Rod of the Skies mechanics? I'm using it as a means of transportation around my base (which is basically a bunch of floating platforms, since I'm like totally a wizard). I can hop around fairly decently, but there's always something that I can't get quite right. To be precise, I can't figure out exactly under what conditions does the cooldown of the rod trigger.

The mechanics I know of:
1) Right-click sends you up 10 blocks, holding right-click makes it up to 25 blocks depending on how long you hold it
2) Right-click triggers a cooldown, usually after one jump, but sometimes I can make up to 4 jumps without a cooldown. It's weird and seems to be random.
3) Right-click while on cooldown gives you a feather fall effect, preventing any damage when landing.

My base is like this:
l7JiPCw.jpg
The distance between the platforms is not very big. I jump down from one and right-click the wand in mid-air to launch myself onto the other ones.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
I want to say the semi-random cooldown trigger on single click is a bug or timing-based issue.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
With some more testing...

What I'm trying to do is jump very high, and activate the feather falling as I land on another platform. What sometimes happens is that the cooldown bar only depletes to 75% and quickly replenishes itself while I'm still in the air. That doesn't let me land (no feather falling without cooldown), so I right click and jump again several times in mid-air until the cooldown bar goes down properly. Basicaly like a cow when you hang it on a lead :)

TheMiningDwarf

Jul 29, 2019
With some more testing...

What I'm trying to do is jump very high, and activate the feather falling as I land on another platform. What sometimes happens is that the cooldown bar only depletes to 75% and quickly replenishes itself while I'm still in the air. That doesn't let me land (no feather falling without cooldown), so I right click and jump again several times in mid-air until the cooldown bar goes down properly. Basicaly like a cow when you hang it on a lead :)

There is the tainted blood pendant, combine him with a brew of Feathe Feet and you're golden as far as fall damage goes. Don't know how far along you are with the mod so your mileage may vary based on that advice. Good luck my wizardly friend

Last edited:

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
There is the tainted blood pendant, combine him with a brew of Feathe Feet and you're golden as far as fall damage goes. Don't know how far along you are with the mod so your mileage may vary based on that advice. Good luck my wizardly friend
Fall damage is not a problem, the modpack I'm playing has 5 huge magic mods in it with all their options. I just want to tame this rod, for science and bug testing :)

Now I can jump 100 blocks in the air with it... Turns out that double right-click somehow resets the cooldown as well.