Botania - An innovative natural magic themed tech mod (Not in beta any more!)

Pwnzsolo

Jul 29, 2019
A wonderful mod with wonderful documentation...in game and on the forums at that. Love your pictures with funny text to explain the basics. Keep this up your a natural:p

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I've got to say, I've never enjoyed reading changelogs, but Botania's changelog is just so amusing and so intriguing! :D

gardenapple

Mod Developer
Jan 14, 2014
We need to get someone who knows anime to work on the wiki, so that they can explain all the references! :D
alright, enough bad jokes for today

Also, why is there a page for every single petal/decorative block? Wouldn't it be easier to ccombine them into one, like the vanilla Minecraft wiki's Block of Quartz page?

Last edited:

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Also, why is there a page for every single petal/decorative block? Wouldn't it be easier to ccombine them into one, like the vanilla Minecraft wiki's Block of Quartz page?
Blame me, that's my style, besides, it would look ugly if we crammed every block into one. We've managed to shorten down names in the navbox and keep every article simply put, but I myself am not going to have just one article for Livingwood and its variants. If Vazkii wants me to change it I will, if you even create a mod you have the ability to decide how it goes.
@SatanicSanta's "Santa's Decor" uses the same layout as Botania anyway, so we're not going to spend hours changing it for no reason.
Now on the topic of easiness, meh, 'bout the same.

What you just asked came up a few days ago actually...

Reactions: SatanicSanta

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Vazkii, in the Lexica Botania, in the entry for the Life Imbuer, a little typo. "Monster Spreader" should be "Monster Spawner", right?

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
Blame me, that's my style, besides, it would look ugly if we crammed every block into one. We've managed to shorten down names in the navbox and keep every article simply put, but I myself am not going to have just one article for Livingwood and its variants. If Vazkii wants me to change it I will, if you even create a mod you have the ability to decide how it goes.
@SatanicSanta's "Santa's Decor" uses the same layout as Botania anyway, so we're not going to spend hours changing it for no reason.
Now on the topic of easiness, meh, 'bout the same.

What you just asked came up a few days ago actually...
Vazkii, in the Lexica Botania, in the entry for the Life Imbuer, a little typo. "Monster Spreader" should be "Monster Spawner", right?

If that was the only typo...
Anyway, when it comes to the wiki, I would actually rather have the building blocks condensed in a way that makes sense. Like, all petals in one page, a block + it's stairs and slabs should be on the same page unless there's a difference, stuff like the unstable blocks or signal flares should only have one page rather than 16, so on. Botania has lots of dupe items like that because it focuses a fair bit on color and decor. So the navbox ends up unnecessarily bloated.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
If that was the only typo...
Anyway, when it comes to the wiki, I would actually rather have the building blocks condensed in a way that makes sense. Like, all petals in one page, a block + it's stairs and slabs should be on the same page unless there's a difference, stuff like the unstable blocks or signal flares should only have one page rather than 16, so on. Botania has lots of dupe items like that because it focuses a fair bit on color and decor. So the navbox ends up unnecessarily bloated.
Yeah, the Signal Flare went that way, same with the Wand of the Forest.
I don't mind changing what I can, as long as @SatanicSanta doesn't shout at me.
You know, you would know what you want much better than me, feel free to go edit anything about Botania on the wiki, it's your mod!
I'll get on that navbox stuff now. :)

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the Signal Flare went that way, same with the Wand of the Forest.
I don't mind changing what I can, as long as @SatanicSanta doesn't shout at me.
You know, you would know what you want much better than me, feel free to go edit anything about Botania on the wiki, it's your mod!
I'll get on that navbox stuff now. :)
Well, you're missing the helmets of revealing in the wiki page. They're in the game even if you don't have TC, just look in NEI.