Blulectric Engine

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
Silly statement, since "sorting" is a subset of "inventory management". Getting items from point A to point B, without conflicting with point C.

What it's boiling down to is that you've lost all context of this conversation, where you objected to the description of tubes as a dumb network. It's a descriptive term, opposite of a smart network, not a judgmental one. It's also a testable claim, and not based in opinion. Redpower tubes quality as dumb.

Give me a link to these oh so clear constraints you are testing against please. I have never heard of this ever so clear distinction of criteria.

"sorting" is a subset of "inventory management".

Thanks for stating my point. It only does a subset of the broader class, you are trying to make it do more than it was designed for.

Reactions: arkangyl

scienceguy8

Dec 12, 2012
In my experience, with a Bluelectric Engine sitting directly between a Redstone Energy Cell and a Bluelectric Alloy Furnace connected to a Battery Box, about 10 solar pannels, and a Vertical Wind Mill, the Bluelectric Engine continually runs, but the amount of bluetricity it consumes varies. Once the Redstone Energy Cell is full, the Engine continues to run and presumably attempts to input power, but the Battery Box it draws from, which is normally empty, starts to fill. This tells me that the Bluelectric Engine adjusts its consumption as a function of MJ it can dump into an adjacent machine. Normally, I just leave it running all the time and don't worry about it.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
This is y'alls only warning back off the aggressive borderline derogatory statements or we mods will be forced to start handing out warnings and deletions.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
In my experience, with a Bluelectric Engine sitting directly between a Redstone Energy Cell and a Bluelectric Alloy Furnace connected to a Battery Box, about 10 solar pannels, and a Vertical Wind Mill, the Bluelectric Engine continually runs, but the amount of bluetricity it consumes varies. Once the Redstone Energy Cell is full, the Engine continues to run and presumably attempts to input power, but the Battery Box it draws from, which is normally empty, starts to fill. This tells me that the Bluelectric Engine adjusts its consumption as a function of MJ it can dump into an adjacent machine. Normally, I just leave it running all the time and don't worry about it.
Good, I like that. People worry too much about turning on/off machines to save energy. Since no matter what system you use, everything is renewable, if you are wasting 90% of your energy, you are still profiting by 10%.
I only worry about power if my MJ reserves are dropping, then I chuck in more engines (of some description) until it's balanced again.

Yes, it's wasteful, but this is not the real world where that sort of wastage would destroy your environment with different types of pollution.

techno156

Jul 29, 2019
It's also nice how the blulectric engine doesn't explode due to an overload of energy, it helps stop me worrying I'll lose my quarry :p. Also, what is the max MJ/t output of a Blulectric engine? And for those people arguing about sorting systems, why not combine them together and use the best features of all of them? ;D

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere around 30 to 32 MJ/t, according to Eloraam. However, with the currently available power sources and cables, it's exceedingly difficult to actually move the 30+ kW energy necessary to the engine. The fastest I've gotten it to run in a test world was just above 20 MJ/t (but then again I wasn't going out of my way to try for more).

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Will the FTB guys remove Redpower from the pack if it isn't updated eventually? With the multiple game breaking bugs with no action from the dev, I don't see how it could stay.
If you don't like it, don't use it. I love it, so I hope it doesn't get removed.[DOUBLEPOST=1363530338][/DOUBLEPOST]
RP tubes are not smart in any meaningful definition of the word. They're stupid in a different manner than BC pipes, but they are not smart.
I'm looking forward to your smart tubes mod. In the mean time, I'll continue to use RP because it's great fun. I'm working on my Sortron program at the moment. See earlier comment about not using what you don't like.

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
Will the FTB guys remove Redpower from the pack if it isn't updated eventually? With the multiple game breaking bugs with no action from the dev, I don't see how it could stay.
If you don't like it, don't use it. I love it, so I hope it doesn't get removed.

Regarding Dreossk's statement he didnt say anything about liking or disliking redpower and its not just a question of use or not use when other mods and for that matter the main minecraft bin updates afterawhile keeping redpower around with its atleast publicly unknown release schedule means we users have to sit and wonder if we are going to get updates or bugfixes for other mods or if we have to wait until the day eloraam decides to suddenly update her mod again. In this case its a question of how long can a mod be kept in the FTB packs with no updates before it has to be removed from sheer nessecity to keep the packs up to date

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Elo's last Twitter statement was the 19th of February, so I'm sure she just hasn't had time to tweet. Also, does Elo even work on Minia anymore?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
In this case its a question of how long can a mod be kept in the FTB packs with no updates before it has to be removed from sheer nessecity to keep the packs up to date
When enough mods are 1.5 compatible, then a new set of mod packs will be released with or without Redpower. We aren't anywhere near that at the moment, I think. And a lot of people will wait for Redpower to be updated and included before making the move to the 1.5 FTB packs, if it is late to the party.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking forward to your smart tubes mod. In the mean time, I'll continue to use RP because it's great fun. I'm working on my Sortron program at the moment. See earlier comment about not using what you don't like.

Don't reply to a post over a month old.

Seriously, just don't.