Blulectric Engine

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
RedPower in decay? I knew the dev was not very public but didn't know she completely stopped. Too bad, I like the way of generating power in RP a lot more than BC.

She's been MIA for a few months now, or so the forums suggest.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
This works just as well, is more compact, and needs no conductive pipes.

gpeyjlp.png

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
I tried that and the energy cell is stuck at 599999/600000 and the engine keeps running and wasting the blutricity. This must be the bug the others are talking about which renders this engine impossible to use.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
That setup works perfectly fine for my electrical engines, as well as my steam engines. You could set up another cell to have an overflow, or use the redstone feature of the redstone cell to disable it with a timer, but I don't see why it appears to not be working for you. Good luck.

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
This is the bluelectric engine we are talking about, it must be the source of the problem. The wiki also mentions problems with reliability with the redstone energy cell which means it can't be trusted at all for use.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Man I'm slacking. I see everyone already answered your questions about the BT engine.

I've done a crap tone with the BT engine and have multiple threads on it so I'll pipe in at confirm Yes the BT does not care if your cell or machine or anything for that matter is full. It will Just keep eating BT and making MJ.

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
I currently have this setup:

temjwaste.jpg

EU comes from solar panels and go through electrical engines that feed a redstone energy cell. The problem is that the machines continually suck power even if they are full. What can I do since they are not beside the engines?

Edit: Seems like the Themionic Fabricator is the culprit, is there anything I can do beside removing the conduit when I don't use it?

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I currently have this setup:

EU comes from solar panels and go through electrical engines that feed a redstone energy cell. The problem is that the machines continually suck power even if they are full. What can I do since they are not beside the engines?

Edit: Seems like the Themionic Fabricator is the culprit, is there anything I can do beside removing the conduit when I don't use it?
Slap its conduit with a wrench, or put a cell right above slap a lever on it. I also think there's a "has work" gate setting which you could use, although I'm not exactly sure about that.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
The Thermionic Fabricator actually uses its constant power intake to keep your melted glass molten. It works even when the internal liquid tank is empty. It can't be turned off.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
The Thermionic Fabricator actually uses its constant power intake to keep your melted glass molten. It works even when the internal liquid tank is empty. It can't be turned off.

Step 0: Isolate all your "always on" machines to a separate power network.
Step 1: Control that network's connectivity.

Until I have more EU support in my current project world, I've been using a redstone energy cell as a switch for my forestry machines. Once I have better EU support (need more diamonds for cable!) then I'll use splitter cables and electric engines.

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
I tried that and the energy cell is stuck at 599999/600000 and the engine keeps running and wasting the blutricity. This must be the bug the others are talking about which renders this engine impossible to use.

The blulectric engine on the energy cell (as depicted above) works fine with TE machines. It doesn't "get stuck" at 599,999 - that is intentional as the machine connected is one that constantly draws energy. If you try it with a pulverizer (for example) you will find that once it reaches its 4800 internal energy storage the blulectric machine will shut off.

I actually like the blulectric engine and it looks really cool when it's running at full chat, but the issue I'm having is getting BT energy to them fast enough. Unfortunately having a large amount of BT batteries daisy chained together to store the energy from the wind turbines is not the way to go as the batteries take too long to transfer their energy between each other and so the blulectric engine is always waiting for more energy as the nearest battery is always emptied first. Other than placing all the batteries in the circular shape at the end of the blue alloy wire so that they are all equidistant, does anyone have any bright ideas on how best to do it? I've tried placing the batteries in 2 lines and then run a line of blue alloy wire up the middle but the batteries are still spending all their time trying to keep each other topped up rather than powering the engine.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
She's been MIA for a few months now, or so the forums suggest.
Just because a person hasn't been posting doesn't mean they aren't working on their projects. That, and you have to consider that Eloraam can't spend every waking moment of her life working on Red Power, she's got important shit to do, like makin money so she can eat, much less have internet access or electricity.

Or, as was said in the Ultima VIII: Pagan dev quotes: "Just because someone doesn't sit down when you're there doesn't mean they don't when you're not looking."

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019
Just because a person hasn't been posting doesn't mean they aren't working on their projects. That, and you have to consider that Eloraam can't spend every waking moment of her life working on Red Power, she's got important shit to do, like makin money so she can eat, much less have internet access or electricity.

Or, as was said in the Ultima VIII: Pagan dev quotes: "Just because someone doesn't sit down when you're there doesn't mean they don't when you're not looking."
I think the main problem is is that there is no possible way to get in touch with Eloraam unless you are on Forgecraft. She hasn't posted on the forums in over half a year, she only posts on her blog when there are releases, she puts up a tweet every now and then, but she won't respond to tweets, and she hasn't used her youtube account for nearly a year. She has basically closed herself off from the public and I wouldn't be surprised if the production of Redpower comes to a slow decline.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I think the main problem is is that there is no possible way to get in touch with Eloraam unless you are on Forgecraft. She hasn't posted on the forums in over half a year, she only posts on her blog when there are releases, she puts up a tweet every now and then, but she won't respond to tweets, and she hasn't used her youtube account for nearly a year. She has basically closed herself off from the public and I wouldn't be surprised if the production of Redpower comes to a slow decline.

Perhaps she's simply keeping distractions to a minimum so she can get shit done. Also, it is possible that she doesn't think that the release she's working on right now hasn't reached a point where anything revealed would be at least similar to what's found in the final release. Developers do that a lot, so the fans don't go apeshit claiming "YOU CHANGED EVERYTHINGGGGG!!111ELEVENTY"

Then again, this is a gigantic, derailing tangent, soooooo...yeah.

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps she's simply keeping distractions to a minimum so she can get shit done. Also, it is possible that she doesn't think that the release she's working on right now hasn't reached a point where anything revealed would be at least similar to what's found in the final release. Developers do that a lot, so the fans don't go apeshit claiming "YOU CHANGED EVERYTHINGGGGG!!111ELEVENTY"

Then again, this is a gigantic, derailing tangent, soooooo...yeah.
Maybe. But still... over half a year without any public appearance at all...idk.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
She didn't even bother to update her MCF thread which tells me she's not remotely a fan of the community, although I heard the situation was getting pretty sinister between her and the community in private.

In the end she's someone who especially values her privacy and doesn't want to engage with the community at all. It doesn't really matter how you feel about that, really, the outcome's the same.

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, have any of you guys seen Elo on Dire's Season 4 Server play? I haven't been paying attention.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
She seems to be busy with work iRL. People haven't heard a word from her since the last release of RP2.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
She's busy spending all the money people donated to get her to release RP2 in the FTB lead up :p