Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
The best way to do a Blood Smeltery is to put a Nether Portal with one side that fall into the smeltery and the back side being a wall. Then you close the sourroudning or make it so no creeper can come near it as they grief Seared Objects.

Edit: Any object falling into the smelter that is above liquid will float. If no liquid is in the smeltery, items will be in the smeltering grid. But if there's no liquid, monsters won't be hurt by the smelter.

edit #2: Completely off-topic, i just noticed i ranked up to "Member". I'm gonna go celebrate :p

I haven't thought of a Nether Portal! The possibilities!

LukeWUK

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I know of the MAC and Turtle, but what other auto crafting solutions are there?

Last edited:

sisho

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I know of the MAC and Turtle, but what other auto crafting solutions are there?
Cyclic Assembler is automatic with just a bit of power and is easy to automate processing back and forth. Machinist's Workbench is also good for some primitive automation, especially good for processing compressed cobblestone for you especially early game, both require lapis of course so either have to be lucky in the overworld or go to the nether first.

Reactions: LukeWUK

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't thought of a Nether Portal! The possibilities!
Humm.... Multiple stacked portals... far away on a chunk loaded area so it doest interfere with the portal at the base.... Clever and automated system to remove unwanted items from smelterie...

GOLD FARM!!!! :p[DOUBLEPOST=1412079959][/DOUBLEPOST]

Also the liquid autocrafter from MFR. It can auto craft with or without liquids, 10 internal tanks for different liquids and it can be automated with a redstone clock!
Dont know the recipe in BnB but in normal packs its much more easy to acquire the liquid autocrafter at earlier game then the other machines.

Also... turtles... humm.... I'm thinking something.... Do turtles get attacked by mobs?
Suddenly I realize they can do a "little" more then mine... Like... fetch for water automaticaly so it can make my salt and bread.....

Last edited:
Reactions: LukeWUK

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Humm.... Multiple stacked portals... far away on a chunk loaded area so it doest interfere with the portal at the base.... Clever and automated system to remove unwanted items from smelterie...

GOLD FARM!!!! :p

Or you could just calculate the exact coords of the portal in your overworld (the one you use to traverse to the nether) and make sure in the Nether it is at 1:8 ratio. That way you can have multiple portal near one another in the overworld/Nether without conflict.

Also the liquid autocrafter from MFR. It can auto craft with or without liquids, 10 internal tanks for different liquids and it can be automated with a redstone clock!
Dont know the recipe in BnB but in normal packs its much more easy to acquire the liquid autocrafter at earlier game then the other machines.

Also... turtles... humm.... I'm thinking something.... Do turtles get attacked by mobs?
Suddenly I realize they can do a "little" more then mine... Like... fetch for water automaticaly so it can make my salt and bread.....

Someone posted about this multiple pages back. Forgot the name of the person (sorry :D.) I believe he also posted the code behind his turtle. But basically, it was a Turtle able to craft every meal he required aswell as making infinit water i believe (unsure about the infinit water.)

sisho

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone know how to get pink slime for the laser drill?
Well I'm not sure if Eyamaz has changed it but you normally make a Slaughterhouse from Minefactory reloaded and give it a bunch of mobs to kill. It generates liquid meat and a very small amount of pink slime with each kill. After it hits 1000 mb you can have it transferred into a tank or something and scoop it out with a bucket. Once you have the bucket just place it in the world somewhere and it will turn into a pink slime soon enough.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Or you could just calculate the exact coords of the portal in your overworld (the one you use to traverse to the nether) and make sure in the Nether it is at 1:8 ratio. That way you can have multiple portal near one another in the overworld/Nether without conflict.
In theory this would work. But... in practice, something always happens. I've seen players closing portals and each time they open it, it would create a new one on nether, even when the previous one was already open... so yeah... This is a "Nether Portal Theory" that didnt got correctly implemented in MC code for that to work 100% of the times :p
That is way I never close mine. Dont want to one day open mine and MC decides to create a new one in the nether out of my security box...

Also, my far away plan doesnt work, since the player will be far away and mobs will not spawn... Kinda forgot that :p

sisho

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah Blargerist and I had quite a few problems with our nether portals. Our bases happened to be only 20 blocks or so from each other, the portals being maybe 40ish blocks away from each other which typically doesn't end well lol. For a while when we left the nether through the only exit portal that formed it kept spitting us out in a freshly spawned portal on an island like 100 blocks away across water! After it forcing open like 3 new portals it finally fixed on my portal at least so it puts me back in the right place. Dunno if Blarg's got to working correctly or not, hard to tell after he "remodeled" his base with nether ore...heh

tastyquarks2048

Jul 29, 2019
I'd love to see inclusion of mods like openblocks and bibiocraft that just make base design so much nicer ;P obviously some major recipe changes would have to be made but yeah

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
I'd love to see inclusion of mods like openblocks and bibiocraft that just make base design so much nicer ;P obviously some major recipe changes would have to be made but yeah
Decorative mods are being held off on until functional mods are finished. Easier to debug, update, etc. So it might be a while before things like that are added.

W

WillThGreat

It's been a little while, but Episode 10 of the Blood N' Bones series uploaded yesterday. It's another long one, but for good reason. It's titled Expansion, which could be interpreted a few different ways — expanding the mine, expanding food options, expanding the list of ores we can mine. I just thought that was kind of cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
It's been a little while, but Episode 10 of the Blood N' Bones series uploaded yesterday. It's another long one, but for good reason. It's titled Expansion, which could be interpreted a few different ways — expanding the mine, expanding food options, expanding, the list of ores we can mine. I just thought that was kind of cool.

Perhaps expanding your bodies surface area via explosion? :D

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah Blargerist and I had quite a few problems with our nether portals. Our bases happened to be only 20 blocks or so from each other, the portals being maybe 40ish blocks away from each other which typically doesn't end well lol. For a while when we left the nether through the only exit portal that formed it kept spitting us out in a freshly spawned portal on an island like 100 blocks away across water! After it forcing open like 3 new portals it finally fixed on my portal at least so it puts me back in the right place. Dunno if Blarg's got to working correctly or not, hard to tell after he "remodeled" his base with nether ore...heh
where are you all playing, is it private server?

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
Oh the wonders of this pack!
Just found this little guy outside of my house:

gd0cyO6.jpg

Thinking: "Not a problem, I have great armor and he's already half dead", I approached to kill this little guy. Didn't go too well: 2 hits and my armor as well as half of my heart were gone. I started running away, but baby zombies are so fast...

sisho

Jul 29, 2019
Oh the wonders of this pack!
Just found this little guy outside of my house:

Thinking: "Not a problem, I have great armor and he's already half dead", I approached to kill this little guy. Didn't go too well: 2 hits and my armor as well as half of my heart were gone. I started running away, but baby zombies are so fast...

Brutish enemies are never to be taken lightly no matter how good your armor ^-^