Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it is supposed to be active. The general point is if you have enough bone meal to be spamming on grass then good for you! Eyamaz made me spam like 2 stacks of bone meal on grass to try to fill his ridiculously large farm >.> *whispers* the farm is over 1000 blocks.....I think he's compensating shhhhhhh

pfft, that isnt even THE farm. get back to work, slacker. :p

mechlsd

Jul 29, 2019
ok... i need some help... i went to my first trip to the nether and is insane... I spawn in a big dark room full on soulsand (slow movement)... almost a minute after spawn a big thing spawn and try to kill me... wall myself and kill it.. light part of the room and try to get some redstone... just mine 3 pieces a hear a ignite sound... turn around to kill the "creeper" just to see the explosion in my face of the REDSTONE... I mean, wasn't gas or anything like it... i say fine.. let me get some nether quarks... mine just ONE and it explode... How can I mine something if everything i try just explode... and lets just don't talk about the mobs that come after that... run scare to the room with the portal to find a fucking creepy spider and some dude that take all the torches and shoot me... after that I give up... came back to the overworld... break the portal and cry in my new presser (the only good thing that came from that)

Silk touch pick is your answer and what you need. No ore explosion :)

Nether portal in overworld see my tutorial on how to deal with mob spawning.

In the Nether fortifie your nether portal and make an encased portal that you can seal to stop mobs spawning and causing you problems, until you have a better solution.

Booyadude

Jul 29, 2019
Some of the Spell Casting and Alchemy portions of Blood Magic are broken as of 1.1.5. It's caused by a few Potion Effect ID conflicts with Lycanites Mobs, and can be quickly resolved by editing the IDs in the BM configs. In this example I've simply pushed down the IDs by 20 in AWWayofTime.cfg

Code:
"potion id" {
    I:Boost=81
    I:Drowning=80
    I:FireFuse=89
    I:FlameCloak=86
    I:Flight=84
    I:HeavyHeart=88
    I:IceCloak=87
    I:Inhibit=83
    I:PlanarBinding=90
    I:ProjProt=82
    I:Reciprocation=85
}

Since 1.6 development is halted, you may want to consider changing these independently if you plan to get into Blood Magic.

Last edited:

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
Some of the Spell Casting and Alchemy portions of Blood Magic are broken as of 1.1.5. It's caused by a few Potion Effect ID conflicts with Lycanites Mobs, and can be quickly resolved by editing the IDs in the BM configs. In this example I've simply pushed up the IDs by 20 in AWWayofTime.cfg

Code:
"potion id" {
    I:Boost=121
    I:Drowning=120
    I:FireFuse=129
    I:FlameCloak=126
    I:Flight=124
    I:HeavyHeart=128
    I:IceCloak=127
    I:Inhibit=123
    I:PlanarBinding=130
    I:ProjProt=122
    I:Reciprocation=125
}

Since 1.6 development is halted, you may want to consider changing these independently if you plan to get into Blood Magic.

Lycanites Mobs doesn't have potion IDs in their configs? I must be the only one doing it, then.

Booyadude

Jul 29, 2019
Lycanites Mobs doesn't have potion IDs in their configs? I must be the only one doing it, then.

It does, thankfully, but curiously they don't even seem to align properly to cause the conflicts, with the Lycanites IDs being around ~60 and BM being around ~100. Given this strangeness, I went with yours simply because I'm more familiar with the ways to obtain the effects, and so I could more reliably test them. Most, if not all of the Lycanites effects come from being attacked by mobs, but I'm not even sure how to obtain a few of them (specifically several of the offending ones in this case), so I went with what I knew.

Pyro_Clasm

Jul 29, 2019
where do i find adamantine/adamantium in version 1.1.3 me and my friend cant find any in the real world the nether or dream world
please help

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
It does, thankfully, but curiously they don't even seem to align properly to cause the conflicts, with the Lycanites IDs being around ~60 and BM being around ~100. Given this strangeness, I went with yours simply because I'm more familiar with the ways to obtain the effects, and so I could more reliably test them. Most, if not all of the Lycanites effects come from being attacked by mobs, but I'm not even sure how to obtain a few of them (specifically several of the offending ones in this case), so I went with what I knew.
Too funny @Booyadude ! I just found the same thing when trying to record my latest video and worked around it pretty much the same way.

However, I think the potion ID's need to stay under 128. I originally just changed the 1's to 2's so flight was 204 instead of 104. It all seemed to work and I could make the potion, but once I drank it the game crashed with an out of bounds exception. So then I went from 99 down to 89 and it seems to work fine.

Also found that you can dump used or all potion ID's from NEI under the Tools section so you can see exactly what's used and available.[DOUBLEPOST=1411834835][/DOUBLEPOST]
where do i find adamantine/adamantium in version 1.1.3 me and my friend cant find any in the real world the nether or dream world
please help
Adamantine is only in the dream world. But the config is kind of borked in 1.1.3 and 1.1.5 so it's SUPER rare. Unless you enjoy mining in the dream world for hours and hours, I'd actually suggest changing the configs if you can. I'd suggest changing both Adamantine and Infuscolium to match the 1.1.2 values (or just match the current Atlarus settings I suppose). Otherwise, get a fast hammer and start digging I guess. It can spawn at any level and only in small veins in the current config.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Yes it is supposed to be active. The general point is if you have enough bone meal to be spamming on grass then good for you! Eyamaz made me spam like 2 stacks of bone meal on grass to try to fill his ridiculously large farm >.> *whispers* the farm is over 1000 blocks.....I think he's compensating shhhhhhh

Heh ok.

Although only 10 bones give me this:

8ituqDY.png

That's 2.2 saplings and 9.2 hunger per bone, and I'm not counting the seeds. I don't even have a mob grinder, 10 bones is what a single kobold has collected in one of my mob pits.

This modpack is too easy :D

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Yes! Take away the rest of the food, too! We should starve to death 5 seconds after loading the game :D

Booyadude

Jul 29, 2019
Too funny @Booyadude ! I just found the same thing when trying to record my latest video and worked around it pretty much the same way.

However, I think the potion ID's need to stay under 128. I originally just changed the 1's to 2's so flight was 204 instead of 104. It all seemed to work and I could make the potion, but once I drank it the game crashed with an out of bounds exception. So then I went from 99 down to 89 and it seems to work fine.

Hah! Well I'll be darned, guess you didn't need me shouting about it in the comments too, heh :p. Nonetheless you're absolutely correct, I tried chugging one of the couple potions with an ID over 128, and sure enough the game went kaput! I'll make sure to edit my post so the example doesn't lead to people breaking their games, lol.

sisho

Jul 29, 2019
Heh ok.

Although only 10 bones give me this:

8ituqDY.png

That's 2.2 saplings and 9.2 hunger per bone, and I'm not counting the seeds. I don't even have a mob grinder, 10 bones is what a single kobold has collected in one of my mob pits.

This modpack is too easy :D

Food is one of the easiest obstacles to overcome if you actually think ahead though. The real challenge of this modpack is mostly in the mobs combined with lack of normal health regen and the change to make recipes take much more effort to make machines and the like. Besides, all that food you have right there really isn't that much. If you planted all those seeds, and I mean all of them even though most of them are useless because only certain foods are practical, the farm MIGHT grow fast enough to keep up with your characters food demand, but probably not. The fruits and such you got straight out is not very much at all. I can burn through that much food in Bloodnbones in just an hour or two.

Also, you only got 10 bones off a kobold from luck. It must have collected a bunch of bones from dead skeletons and then deposited them at your doorstep more or less lol. You normally would not get 10 bones quite so easily early game, which is when food actually matters.

HoneyMungeon

Jul 29, 2019
This is by far the most evil modpack I have ever encountered. Congratulations, Eyamaz. You have successfully made a pack that will genuinely make me ragequit. WHY DID YOU MAKE THIS?! This is evil. EEVVIIILL. ESPECIALLY food. You have to have at least fifteen different morsels to make sure you can feed yourself. And DON'T let me even get started on the mobs!

sisho

Jul 29, 2019
This is by far the most evil modpack I have ever encountered. Congratulations, Eyamaz. You have successfully made a pack that will genuinely make me ragequit. WHY DID YOU MAKE THIS?! This is evil. EEVVIIILL. ESPECIALLY food. You have to have at least fifteen different morsels to make sure you can feed yourself. And DON'T let me even get started on the mobs!

Just wait until you see what he has in store for the 1.7.10 version....I promise you'll rage 10x worse lol

Sim...

Jul 29, 2019
Me too, but while we wait

BloodnBloody Idiot #21 - Techius Interruptus
Mobs are back to normal again so they are definitely building up down in the dungeons, I'd recommend a regular /cofh killall. Still no luck with an invasion, pretty sure that part is bugged for me now.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Still no luck with an invasion, pretty sure that part is bugged for me now.

Invasion was pushed pretty late into the game now since you can't close the portal with water anymore. You'll have to actually go in and fight the boss. I do recommend a backup first though as I had problems with him not spawning until I set debugTickMain=True. I suppose it's possible that needs to be set to spawn the portal as well, but I don't know for sure.

A "debug" setting should be able to be false, but this seems to need to be enabled for some of the mod's functionality to work. Just checked and it's set to false in 1.1.5.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
So much death... Is anyone actually surviving this for a long time in hardcore? I may have to switch to softcore, it's crazy.

sisho

Jul 29, 2019
So much death... Is anyone actually surviving this for a long time in hardcore? I may have to switch to softcore, it's crazy.

Eyamaz has been to the End in hardcore lol. Personally I haven't done any hardcore yet but I will be soon enough most likely once the new BnB comes out!