Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Stuff:

1.1.4 will be pushed either tonight or tomorrow. I've been going through the thousands of 1.6 bug reports on all the packs regarding the nether crash to try to find the common cause and why its so frequent for some people now. No luck. All the reports point to vanilla dimension code that I was told months ago was fixed in 1.7.2. I was hoping to find something and get an ASM patch to fix it, but it's doubtful without knowing what the cause is and only knowing where the crash is. No more reason to delay a final update now.

The crashing stopped when I removed Glenn's Gases. I blame that. It may be lava + bedrock gas + nether = constant explosions somewhere which makes it hard to unload the nether. That's a complete guess, but I haven't crashed since I removed the gases.

IMarv

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
The crashing stopped when I removed Glenn's Gases. I blame that. It may be lava + bedrock gas + nether = constant explosions somewhere which makes it hard to unload the nether. That's a complete guess, but I haven't crashed since I removed the gases.

IMarv

@Eyamaz && whoever else has experience in modding :: Going on the assumption that the above comment is true. Would it be possible to make all gases spawn above lava level? If so, it could be a step in troubleshooting the problem. For the record, i'm just throwing idea on the floor because i have no idea how modding work.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz and heads up for everyone else...

I've been trying to go fight the hostile worlds boss tonight, but he wasn't spawning for me. After several attempts, I found that setting:
B:debugTickMain=true
instead of false in HostileWorlds.cfg appears to fix the problem.

I only tried this because I remembered that having this set to false also disables / breaks the /hw invasion start command that I was trying to use during some testing a while ago.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz && whoever else has experience in modding :: Going on the assumption that the above comment is true. Would it be possible to make all gases spawn above lava level? If so, it could be a step in troubleshooting the problem. For the record, i'm just throwing idea on the floor because i have no idea how modding work.
The short answer would be no.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I cant figure out have to get the mod pack this website is confusing or am i just stupid
Download the FTB launcher. It's on the front page. Once you start up the launcher, hit the tab at the top right that says "3rd party modpacks". Select Bnb and it autolaods the pack.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
So.... Finally build my Nether portal...
Put it inside a small room, so it would contain any incoming mobs and build a small room in the Nether with compressed cobblestone and an iron door, so I could have some protection from ghast and other mobs when I enter the nether.

My only problem, the mobs that spawn no the obsidian nether portal blocks! They just keep spawning and traveling back and forth since they are stuck inside the rooms on both side. I just entered the nether and had like 10 mobs inside the room, that quickly killed me....

Any suggestions to how to protect my nether entrance?

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
So.... Finally build my Nether portal...
Put it inside a small room, so it would contain any incoming mobs and build a small room in the Nether with compressed cobblestone and an iron door, so I could have some protection from ghast and other mobs when I enter the nether.

My only problem, the mobs that spawn no the obsidian nether portal blocks! They just keep spawning and traveling back and forth since they are stuck inside the rooms on both side. I just entered the nether and had like 10 mobs inside the room, that quickly killed me....

Any suggestions to how to protect my nether entrance?
Captain Obvious to the rescue! The simplest thing would be to just close the portal when you aren't using it. :p

Reactions: MarcNemesis

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
I set mine up so on my side you have to cross a trench of quick sand, that way any mobs that walk through fall in and die :)

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Wait until your nether portal in the nether links to bottom level of a rogue dungeon. You'll wish it was just 10 mobs waiting for you.

This happened on the pledge server. I spent 8 hours tunneling to that room in the dungeon, blocking it off from other areas, killing spawners, and lighting it up. Couldn't get the portal to unlink. It just kept linking to another part of the dungeon, and i'd have to clear again. Finally just accepted that I'd get to enjoy a few hundred block run as i came back from the nether each time. :)

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
By the way everyone, I'm responsible for 1.1.4 not being out yet. I'm the worst, I know :p. Hopefully it turns out to be worth it.