Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
If this is your first experience with modded minecraft you may want to start elsewhere. Bnb is great, but it has a steep learning curve and doesn't tend to be very forgiving.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Steep to the point of "read forums or you'll have no idea what you're doing" right now. I look forward to 1.7 "guide" books.

Reactions: Eyamaz

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
If you follow the CL forums you'll understand how little faith I have in people reading books....... but yeah it'll be nice to have some sort of in-game tutorial, though in my experience you need to have your stuff wound pretty tight for the first day or two..... I'm not sure I'd want to spend a bunch of time the first day with my nose in a book.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Steep to the point of "you played all of 1.6 modpacks, you know almost everything in MC and you still have no idea of what you are doing in this pack!"

Better start with something easier, like Direwolf20 pack...

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
That is all down to Eyamaz for his excellent work. Take your time and do a good job, keep the quality that we have come use to. Thank you Eyamaz!

Suck up...all of you!!

While i'm here..If i could have an autograph Eyamaz...*look innocently at the others*... ...What? ...

Edit: Yah...being serious isn't in my priority list :D

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Suck up...all of you!!

While i'm here..If i could have an autograph Eyamaz...*look innocently at the others*... ...What? ...

Edit: Yah...being serious isn't in my priority list :D
I'm sure if you where to send him two FTB tees shirts he'd be willing to autograph one and return it to you.......

W

WillThGreat

Steep to the point of "you played all of 1.6 modpacks, you know almost everything in MC and you still have no idea of what you are doing in this pack!"

Better start with something easier, like Direwolf20 pack...
The first pack I played was Blood N' Bones, and that was about a month ago. I still don't know everything, but I'm getting along fairly well. If you care enough to do research on the core mods and watch/read some tutorials, it isn't too difficult to get into. Knowing someone who knows their way around FTB is also helpful to answer any random questions.

Booyadude

Jul 29, 2019
The first pack I played was Blood N' Bones, and that was about a month ago. I still don't know everything, but I'm getting along fairly well. If you care enough to do research on the core mods and watch/read some tutorials, it isn't too difficult to get into. Knowing someone who knows their way around FTB is also helpful to answer any random questions.
wat. Blood n' Bones is seriously your first modpack? Dude, you are crazy. The good kind of crazy, but still. You have my pity and a whole heaping load of my respect for sticking with it, holy cow!

JonJon7

Jul 29, 2019
I have downloaded blood and bones but it wont start because it says it cant find resource packs or something. Can someone help?

W

WillThGreat

wat. Blood n' Bones is seriously your first modpack? Dude, you are crazy. The good kind of crazy, but still. You have my pity and a whole heaping load of my respect for sticking with it, holy cow!
Thanks! :)

ghoulsblade

Jul 29, 2019
awesome modpack, loving it =)

just got my first 10 diamonds (block+saw -> copper wire -> machine frame) complete so i can start with pulverizer and other thermal expansion machines.

just looking into power generation which had recipes heavily tweaked, the available for starter stuff is
steam dynamo: charcoal=22k, coal=28k
tnt gen: 1 gunp = 64k, tnt(5gun)= 384k, 5gun single would be 320, so worth using tnt. beware damage near generator!
culinary:feast(burger)=76k
reactant dynamo : 16k per sugar+essence (use xp extractor with empty bucket : 1 level last for 25 sugar)

spoiler warning, advanced tricks / @author : might want to tweak those for increased difficulty ;)
* early infinite water : mfr "fountain" uses less than 1 bucket to produce a source block of water
* metallurgy "stone crusher" gives 2 dust per ore, smeltery only gives one ingot per ore, also allows charcoal before having pulverizer by crushing wood logs
* AE "grind-stone" turns 1 nether-diamond ore to 5 diamonds, helps a lot if you don't have fortune&pulverizer yet. also 1ore->2dust and similar, can be built once you can mine cestus (iron lvl) and get 3 dust
* rf-generation: even a minimal 3x3x3 "big reactor" will produce 8.5 million rf per yellorite ingot and only need steel, 4 redstone and 1 diamond and 1 gold to craft, not even nether stuff. yellorite can be found in overworld at y=45

anyone (18+) in europe timezone active somewhere in 18:00 - 24:00 wanna team up ? can put up a small server while i'm on, you should have played the pack at least a bit, have headset for voicechat (ts3/skype/vent or sth), pm me if interested =)

Last edited:
Reactions: Andri92

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
awesome modpack, loving it =)

just got my first 10 diamonds (block+saw -> copper wire -> machine frame) complete so i can start with pulverizer and other thermal expansion machines.

just looking into power generation which had recipes heavily tweaked, the available for starter stuff is
steam dynamo: charcoal=22k, coal=28k
tnt gen: 1 gunp = 64k, tnt(5gun)= 384k, 5gun single would be 320, so worth using tnt. beware damage near generator!
culinary:feast(burger)=76k
reactant dynamo : 16k per sugar+essence (use xp extractor with empty bucket : 1 level last for 25 sugar)

spoiler warning, advanced tricks / @author : might want to tweak those for increased difficulty ;)
* early infinite water : mfr "fountain" uses less than 1 bucket to produce a source block of water
* metallurgy "stone crusher" gives 2 dust per ore, smeltery only gives one ingot per ore, also allows charcoal before having pulverizer by crushing wood logs
* AE "grind-stone" turns 1 nether-diamond ore to 5 diamonds, helps a lot if you don't have fortune&pulverizer yet. also 1ore->2dust and similar, can be built once you can mine cestus (iron lvl) and get 3 dust
* rf-generation: even a minimal 3x3x3 "big reactor" will produce 8.5 million rf per yellorite ingot and only need steel, 4 redstone and 1 diamond and 1 gold to craft, not even nether stuff. yellorite can be found in overworld at y=45

anyone (18+) in europe timezone active somewhere in 18:00 - 24:00 wanna team up ? can put up a small server while i'm on, you should have played the pack at least a bit, have headset for voicechat (ts3/skype/vent or sth), pm me if interested =)
Oh boy, the incredibly overpowered nature of Thermal Expansion and Big Reactors. Cool to see someone go into some of the details in regards to the pack.

Pwnt39

Jul 29, 2019
ok i have a weird problem: im hosting a server so me and my friend can play it but when i play on it i get terrible lag and it runs at 20ish fps but when i take the SAME world and use it in singleplayer the lag is reduced alot even when the servers still on but im not on it is there a way to lower the lag on the server?
Also why when i play and look at the pie chart the Tick one is like 50%

EDIT: would the world be okay if continue to move the world it back and forth between the server and for SSP or would it cause negitive affects?

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
How are you hosting the server: Are you running the dedicated server and log in yourself or are you opening your ssp map to LAN via the ingame menu?
If it's the first you might just have troubles running Minecraft twice on your PC. Starting the world as SSP and opening it to the network could fix it then.

Pwnt39

Jul 29, 2019
How are you hosting the server: Are you running the dedicated server and log in yourself or are you opening your ssp map to LAN via the ingame menu?
If it's the first you might just have troubles running Minecraft twice on your PC. Starting the world as SSP and opening it to the network could fix it then.
I'm using dedicated,but ive done this before with other modpacks without this much lag.

Also I noticed that theres very little shadow iron in the nether is that suppost to be?

Last edited:

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
BnB is particularly resource hungry, especially when it comes to ram. Do you have a widget to monitor your cpu and ram usage?