Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
It spawns 2 veins anywhere between 1 an 128, so it could easily spawn above the ground (which means it doesn't actually spawn). Watching SSundee's let's play and he just casually finds 24 nether adamantium in a reasonable time and it just made me sad.

SSundee is playing in the 1.0 (beta) branch still.

Booyadude

Jul 29, 2019
It spawns 2 veins anywhere between 1 an 128, so it could easily spawn above the ground (which means it doesn't actually spawn). Watching SSundee's let's play and he just casually finds 24 nether adamantium in a reasonable time and it just made me sad.

@Anesos 's last video with the 1.1.2 generation made me pretty jealous. Just casually opens his chest with stacks of the stuff! The veinsize (cluster) is also set to 3 in this update, which Eyamaz mentioned caused issues with spawning as well... Ah well, just gonna have to tear up the continent for now I suppose.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Oh my.. I didn't realize there was such a big difference between 1.1.2 and 1.1.3. I would have pointed that out in the video if I had known. Heh, now I'm glad I generated with 1.1.2 though. ;)

Anyway, just checking this out:
1.1.2 was vein size=10 from Y=5 to 60.
1.1.3 is vein size=3 from Y=0 to 128...

By contrast, Atlarus is size=9 from 5 to 60 in both 1.1.2 and 1.1.3.

The configs for metallurgy changed a lot because of the updated version in 1.1.3 (ID's and other stuff), so it's tough to notice every single change. You can't even file compare because item names were changed and entire chunks of the config files were added or removed or moved or even moved to a different cfg file. Bah...

@Eyamaz - I'd suggest vein size should be at least 4 for the generation issue and max Y should be 60ish. Quick check shows all other fantasy veins of 6 or higher. Infuscolium is also generating up to Y=128.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Oh my.. I didn't realize there was such a big difference between 1.1.2 and 1.1.3. I would have pointed that out in the video if I had known. Heh, now I'm glad I generated with 1.1.2 though. ;)

Anyway, just checking this out:
1.1.2 was vein size=10 from Y=5 to 60.
1.1.3 is vein size=3 from Y=0 to 128...

By contrast, Atlarus is size=9 from 5 to 60 in both 1.1.2 and 1.1.3.

The configs for metallurgy changed a lot because of the updated version in 1.1.3 (ID's and other stuff), so it's tough to notice every single change. You can't even file compare because item names were changed and entire chunks of the config files were added or removed or moved or even moved to a different cfg file. Bah...

@Eyamaz - I'd suggest vein size should be at least 4 for the generation issue and max Y should be 60ish. Quick check shows all other fantasy veins of 6 or higher. Infuscolium is also generating up to Y=128.

I'll adjust those. Thought I had them all.
We are waiting to see if the nether fix is plausible and then it will be merged into BnBTweaks then 1.1.4 will go put and put an end to the 1.6 branch.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
I really thought he was using the latest, just the area near his portal was so old that it had the older ores readily available. Either way, it made me cry.

When he was playing the castles were still made of cobble, meteor craft was enabled, and Bop wasn't mandatory with the mod pack. That reminds me, Bop is mandatory with the pack right? I tried to make a single player world as default, but it was still a BoP world. It's not an issue I'm just curious.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I really thought he was using the latest, just the area near his portal was so old that it had the older ores readily available. Either way, it made me cry.

No SSundee isn't a fool. Anybody who does LP series for a living will almost never update anything (major).(minor) but most will update .(version). for reference that would be

BnB (major).(minor).(version)b(build)

Though you all don't get the builds, only testers do. I haven't made an actual build of BnB 2.0 yet though. Once I get the updated harvestcraft, I'll be able to post builds for them.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of testers... do you have any interest in recruiting any new testers? :-D

And will 1.1.4 require a world reset?

Last edited:

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of testers... do you have any interest in recruiting any new testers? :-D

And will 1.1.4 require a world reset?

This is a good question. I know half way through SSundees videos he had to update to get lapis to work on his hammer. After he updated he still had the same home and world. I assume no, but don't really know

I will add when he updated mobs started damaging his base, along with other things. He still had the same world however. I assume he updated from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 because in 1.1.3 BoP is a part of the mod pack, which would require a whole world reset. Please anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
I'll adjust those. Thought I had them all.
We are waiting to see if the nether fix is plausible and then it will be merged into BnBTweaks then 1.1.4 will go put and put an end to the 1.6 branch.
No no, we're waiting to see if it works. It's definitely plausible. Even if it doesn't work, I expect the "worst" that would happen is it still crashing, but with a slightly different crash report. :p

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
as far as others go

/me ignores Blargerist

1.1.4 will not require a reset, be sure to follow the advice in Anesos's video converting metallurgy stuff to blocks or fluids

my main testers will get the packs first, patreons will get it second as far as that goes

Sim...

Jul 29, 2019
BloodnBones 18 - Nether Rage
Btw is it - I A MAZ or I AMAZE? If I'm gonna curse him, I probably should do it properly. :)

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
It's not possible to curse him properly. Takes too long. You just barely get started and the baby zombies eat you.

W

WillThGreat

A few weeks ago, I added Optifine to the modpack. Shortly after figuring out that adding and removing mods wasn't supported, I removed it. Could there have been any permanent damage by adding and removing it? This just randomly popped into my mind. And I'm guessing if there is any damage, it can be resolved by simply redownloading the pack, and not tied to the save itself.