Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Well in that case ignore me because I have no idea what I'm talking about... I hope it wasn't because of my suggestion that you tried it... :-/

jvonbon

Jul 29, 2019
No...I came up with the same idea and asked phantagor to try it for me. I did 2 hours of testing in this today and am no closer to discovering the problem. I will say it's only the nether that seems to be effected. I travelled to the deep dark and tried to recreate the circumstances that cause a crash from the nether and not once did it crash. I'm not going to let this defeat me so I'll be going through the mods one by one disabling them until I isolate the one that's causing the crash.

Last edited:

NoOpen

Jul 29, 2019
Hay guys does anyone know the name of the mod that removes the ability to sleep through the night?

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. I mean it seemed like a good idea, I'd just hate to be the cause of your nether being deleted.
Just a thought but ha e you tryed using onenof the non-standard Nether portal (forgot the mod name.) I extremely doubt that it would make a difference but at this point, nothing to lose o_o. Also, it's a portal that can be achieved without going to the nether if i remember correctly so if that work, problem solved until the basic one is fixed.

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
Offhand question, should Blood and Bones be on any other launchers? I did a Google search for "blood and bones changelog", & 3 of the front-page results were for one of the other major modpack launchers. I poked around a bit & found a rather old version of Agrarian Skies (misspelled) on there as well. They're not "official" packs for that launcher, they appear to be user-made versions (just not made by the sadistic ones we know and love). The BnB pack there even uses the same splash graphic as the initial post in this thread.

highvltge

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

I love the pack and am a great fan of it so far. I currently play on a private SMP server with friends and we're enjoying it. We had previously played on 1.1.1 and liked it.

For some unsolicited feedback.. the nerfs to Adamantine ore are a bit overboard. Having it spawn anywhere from 0 to 128 in height with 2 "possible" veins per chunk is a bit low. We mined out quite a few chunks to find 6 ore. This took 10+ hours of mining. In 1.1.1 Adamantine may have been too common. If you compare the two values of Adamantine between 1.1.1 and 1.1.3 you'll see a huge change. There should be some sort of happy medium for the ore generation change for this.

Astral Silver is a bit too common and could use a slight tone down. The rest of the ores seem to be about right.

Anyone else playing 1.3 that have ran in to this extreme shortage of adamantine?

jvonbon

Jul 29, 2019
Just a thought but ha e you tryed using onenof the non-standard Nether portal (forgot the mod name.) I extremely doubt that it would make a difference but at this point, nothing to lose o_o. Also, it's a portal that can be achieved without going to the nether if i remember correctly so if that work, problem solved until the basic one is fixed.
The crash isn't reliant on the portal. Nor does it matter by what method you use to leave the nether. It occurs when the server tries to unload the nether. The most reliable way I've been able to recreate the crash is by issuing a /kill In the nether.

So disabling mods in an attempt to narrow down the offending mod proved difficult to conduct. As I started disabling mods I was getting a lot of startup crashes for various reasons. I'm guessing my grasp on some of the mod dependencies is lacking aside from the obvious core/util mods.

I did try and recreate the problem in 1.1.2 and wasn't able to. Before I gave up for the night I manually updated the mods to 1.1.3 per the Changelog and wasn't able to recreate the crash. I'm going to look at the configs when I have time tomorrow.

Luaithel

Jul 29, 2019
So was looking around basically all day today for Adamantine and just can't manage to find the stuff. THen peeked into the M3 fantasy ore gen and see Adamantine has a vein size of 3 and vein per chunk of 2. Is that large enough for vanilla spawn mechanics to allow the stuff to spawn properly? Other than the Adamantine, the smallest gen of any of the other Fantasy ores has a vein size of 6 and vein per chunk of 10.
Edit: Another thing is I've never found platinum ore. Which has vein size 3, vein per chunk 3 in the configs.

Last edited:

Andri92

Jul 29, 2019
So was looking around basically all day today for Adamantine and just can't manage to find the stuff. THen peeked into the M3 fantasy ore gen and see Adamantine has a vein size of 3 and vein per chunk of 2. Is that large enough for vanilla spawn mechanics to allow the stuff to spawn properly? Other than the Adamantine, the smallest gen of any of the other Fantasy ores has a vein size of 6 and vein per chunk of 10.
Edit: Another thing is I've never found platinum ore. Which has vein size 3, vein per chunk 3 in the configs.
I have found 2 Adamantine Ore in all my Spirit World Mining. My plan is to make a complex spell from Blood Magic to mine huge areas of land at once, brute force style. If you don't know about them, check out PurpleMentat's videos on youtube about it.

Jul 29, 2019
Going on my 3rd trip to find vulcanite not sure where I am going wrong. I am using a new gen in 1.1.3 and using Jadescat texture pack (which is great/a little cheaty in the nether) Is the ore spawn driven by Biome or something else. If nothing else, my pickaxe is leveled and boosted.

Thorgan8

Jul 29, 2019
Are there oregen spreadsheets out there for the nether and the other worlds?
I've been digging around quite a while but I can't seem to find any Shadow Iron. Probably just bad luck, but it'd be helpful.

Also, at what point is it realistic to run around exploring the nether? I'm getting wrecked pretty hard with my damascus steel equipment. But I could also be doing something wrong.

The gas collector will only collect gas that is touching one of it's input sides. So you need to either have it set up for all the gas to flow down/up to one point (depending on the type of gass), or more realistically, keep moving the collector and the tank. When you break the tank, you will lose all the gas inside of it. But you can use glass bottles to collect the gas from the tank to move it elsewhere.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Andri92

Jul 29, 2019
Side question: could it be that the sideeffects of certain metals (kalendrite, amordrine) do not work or apply? i have a sword made of kalendrite that should give me regen according to the spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kqZDSHk9JkPI3lC5XgmrHqbsnhytdh3oLDltR1qTyCw/edit#gid=0) but basically seems to do nothing. Documentation on this mod is hard to find, so questions have to be asked here :)
In ExtraTiC Kalendrite and Midasium don't have an effect implemented in this version. Amordrine does though, and it heals you really well.

Jul 29, 2019
Are there oregen spreadsheets out there for the nether and the other worlds?
I've been digging around quite a while but I can't seem to find any Shadow Iron. Probably just bad luck, but it'd be helpful.

Also, at what point is it realistic to run around exploring the nether? I'm getting wrecked pretty hard with my damascus steel equipment. But I could also be doing something wrong.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

As I also and a expert Nether miner because I can find ores either. I tunnel in and stay under ground. The nether has a lot to deal with and staying in the open does not help. Be sure to keep a building block in the right side of your pick so you can quickly right click to close off holes. also when attacked by the hell fish i just take the attack and not attack them as they come out of wood works. It seems after they attack they die off. Beware in 1.1.3 some mobs use the grief list in the nether so cobble in not a good building material. Good Luck.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
I built a tower up to the ceiling and have been doing my mining up there. I also started out on a small island in the air above a massive lava lake, so I didn't have many options. I've had pretty good luck, but I don't know if there are certain ores that don't spawn up that high or not.

Thorgan8

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, thanks guys. In that case I'll keep digging around.
And once I have good nether-metal armor I'll go hunt some ghasts.