Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Admittedly I haven't looked for a fortress yet myself, but I haven't seen one either. Just a hive... or at least something made of hive blocks. Not sure what it is... but I stayed the hell away, lol.

And for your spawner to spawn wither skeletons, I believe that they have to spawn on nether brick, otherwise they will just be normal skeletons.

Lemonfreezers

Jul 29, 2019
Well i hope someone who has gotten to the end or gotten nether stars can help out. I would really like to know so that i have a reason to start learning hardcore ender expansion.
and so i can also beat the guy on my server to the end also that i have a bet with

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Admittedly I haven't looked for a fortress yet myself, but I haven't seen one either. Just a hive... or at least something made of hive blocks. Not sure what it is... but I stayed the hell away, lol.

And for your spawner to spawn wither skeletons, I believe that they have to spawn on nether brick, otherwise they will just be normal skeletons.
Wither skeletons spawn based only on the dimension, not the block. Basic vanilla minecraft mechanics. :p

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
My experience with spawners has been the same. That when on netherrack they produced skeletons, on nether brick they produced wither skeletons.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
There are diamonds in the spirit world right? Cause I've been strip mining the hell out of the lower levels and have yet to find any down there... :-(

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
What items can one take with them when traveling to the spirit world?

Witchery:
a) Both ways
  • Icy Needle
b) Spirit -> Overworld
  • Wispy Cotton
  • Disturbed Cotton
  • Melliflous Hunger
  • Brew of The Flowing Spirit
Transferring ANY items BOTH ways using intended game features:
  • Vanilla Enderchest with changed recipe
Transferring ANY items BOTH ways using most likely an oversight/glitch:
Use Backpack. It will carry over anything you put into it.

Last edited:

Wursti

Jul 29, 2019
Witchery:
a) Both ways
  • Icy Needle
b) Spirit -> Overworld
  • Wispy Cotton
  • Disturbed Cotton
  • Melliflous Hunger
  • Brew of The Flowing Spirit

Transferring ANY items BOTH ways using intended game features:
  • Vanilla Enderchest with changed recipe

Exactly what i was asking for. Thank you.
I won't use this backpack glitch. I'm okay with quite a bit of exploiting in such hard packs, but this is taking things too far. At least for me.

Edit: Does this mean i can also take enderchests with me?

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
REDACTED

Exploits should not be posted publicly. If you find something that shouldn't be allowed, a PM to the modpack developer would be the best way to report it.

In this case, it's already a known issue that's already being looked into.

jvonbon

Jul 29, 2019
On the subject of the nether crashes, one of my players has his own test server and had stated that on a hunch he disabled Glenn's Gases and the crashes stopped. I have done my own testing on this and can corroborate that claim. We're not sure what interaction from Glenn's Gases is causing the crash simply that with the pack as is (1.1.3) I can reproduce the crash 100% of the time with a /kill in the nether and about 80-90% of the time just normally walking through the portal. With Glenn's Gases disabled I've yet to experience a crash.

phantagor

Jul 29, 2019
My experience with spawners has been the same. That when on netherrack they produced skeletons, on nether brick they produced wither skeletons.

I am not sure how it is in this modpack, but normaly, skeleton spawners just need the nether atmosphere to produce witherskeletons...be it on netherrack, netherbrick, dirt, sand, glowstone or whatever

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
On the subject of the nether crashes, one of my players has his own test server and had stated that on a hunch he disabled Glenn's Gases and the crashes stopped. I have done my own testing on this and can corroborate that claim. We're not sure what interaction from Glenn's Gases is causing the crash simply that with the pack as is (1.1.3) I can reproduce the crash 100% of the time with a /kill in the nether and about 80-90% of the time just normally walking through the portal. With Glenn's Gases disabled I've yet to experience a crash.

can you forwrd those crash reports to glenn and let him know?

Reactions: jvonbon