Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Duplo52

Jul 29, 2019
Yuppie skippy! Also is the wither skull and necrotic drops supposed to obnoxiously impossible? We thing we found a way around it but gathering them to get the stars for the end portal is...wow...long let alone killing the wither and dragon.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Yuppie skippy! Also is the wither skull and necrotic drops supposed to obnoxiously impossible? We thing we found a way around it but gathering them to get the stars for the end portal is...wow...long let alone killing the wither and dragon.

I have not touched drops. I was going to, but never had time.

Ok thank you. Will I have to start a new world going from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4?

Shouldn't.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, if you just keep using a tool it will gain xe and get boosted. You can use a Damascus or steel tool, but Damascus is a lot easier to make.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I tend to make a Cleaver, and level it up hoping for beheading and looting. Add those if i don't get them. Beheading and looting both help with skulls, looting with bones.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
People keep talking about it being hard to make mutandis in the spirit world because of lack of bonemeal. Do mobs not spawn there when you're having a dream? I mean in the nightmare all I came across was the nightmare itself (which was enough btw...). But in a dream, I have actually yet to see a single mob, even when spelunking through caves.

Edit: That's not true, I have seen a few slimes...

Luaithel

Jul 29, 2019
People keep talking about it being hard to make mutandis in the spirit world because of lack of bonemeal. Do mobs not spawn there when you're having a dream? I mean in the nightmare all I came across was the nightmare itself (which was enough btw...). But in a dream, I have actually yet to see a single mob, even when spelunking through caves.

Edit: That's not true, I have seen a few slimes...
The only mobs I have seen spawn in all my Spirit Worlding are Slimes, Bats, villagers, and livestock. And the Nightmare if you're having a nightmare. But there's a workaround for the bonemeal issue. Lily of the Valley, I believe, can be crafted into white dye, as well as another flower. Nine white dye in a square makes a bonemeal bag, which you can then craft into nine bonemeal. That's how I had to get the meal for Mutandis. A harder part was getting fire under the kettle with no netherrack or fire charges. Had to rely on lava and planks. And rapidly throwing things at the kettle.
Edit: Oh, and Trents when you chop down the Witchery trees, because those guys are jerks. Just keep that in mind when you're getting saplings for the fumes.

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
Can anybody recommend some vids/posts about how to properly start with the Hardcore Ender Expansion mod?
I was crafting the book with paper around ender eye when i got hit by trent and crashed my game - when I fixed the 0 index buff I somehow ended up with creative book of HEE, unfortunetly I've noticed that after i opened it, kinda wrecking the save :c

Now I am at new world and I want to start the HEE properly.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I brought my mutandis from the over world, but I did think of the white flowers too. And I was planning on lava/planks as well for fire. Just while down strip mining for diamonds, I noticed a distinct lack of hostile mobs. Oh, and is there any way to equip a torch in the spirit world? The tinkers construct equipment screen isn't there, and that's the only way I knew.

phantagor

Jul 29, 2019
Uhm, i am aware it is an issue, but is there any solution yet to the Nether crash bug? Some players can enter and leave the nethr without problems, while it crashes for others...killing mobs in the portal crashes the server sometimes, then not again...bringing over lycanite mob drops seems to crash the server..and then again not...any idea on that?

we are using the recommended version of BloodnBones (which is, apart from the crash thing, a very welcome new sight)

Pete.J.S

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I brought my mutandis from the over world, but I did think of the white flowers too. And I was planning on lava/planks as well for fire. Just while down strip mining for diamonds, I noticed a distinct lack of hostile mobs. Oh, and is there any way to equip a torch in the spirit world? The tinkers construct equipment screen isn't there, and that's the only way I knew.

Yes, to equip a torch in the dream world, just press O while your NOT in your inventory, then just equip it as you would in the overworld.

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
I have not touched drops. I was going to, but never had time.

Shouldn't.

Will 1.1.4 fix the tooltips on TiC tools? As they level the tooltip shows awkward things, both Shift-held and at the Tool Station.
Like, I have 50/50 Redstone on a Pickaxe given by lvl-up then I add 2x Moss Ball myself and all of sudden I see something like:
-Redstone 50/50
-Redstone 50/150
-Moss X+
Also the "messed up" part of the tooltip often glitches even more after changing tool head (pickaxe head in this case).

squeek502

Jul 29, 2019
Will 1.1.4 fix the tooltips on TiC tools? As they level the tooltip shows awkward things, both Shift-held and at the Tool Station.
Like, I have 50/50 Redstone on a Pickaxe given by lvl-up then I add 2x Moss Ball myself and all of sudden I see something like:
-Redstone 50/50
-Redstone 50/150
-Moss X+
Also the "messed up" part of the tooltip often glitches even more after changing tool head (pickaxe head in this case).
Not exactly something I can fix in TiC Tooltips, unfortunately. Those strings are hardcoded in the NBT data of the tools, so it's actually more of an Iguana Tweaks bug rather than a TiC Tooltips bug. If you're curious, here's the TiC Tooltips code that adds the modifiers to the tooltips.

Reactions: Eyamaz

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
The general consensus seems to be that the crash is caused by the nether unloading. Why it happens... who knows. My though is still that you could put a creative/admin chunk loader in some random corner of the nether, just keeping one chunk loaded, that way the nether never actually unloads.

jvonbon

Jul 29, 2019
The general consensus seems to be that the crash is caused by the nether unloading. Why it happens... who knows. My though is still that you could put a creative/admin chunk loader in some random corner of the nether, just keeping one chunk loaded, that way the nether never actually unloads.

We attempted the chunkloader idea with a chickenchunks chunkloader and instead of solving the problem the next time we experienced a crash the server got stuck in a crash loop until I deleted the nether.

phantagor

Jul 29, 2019

Uhm, we tried that but failed miserably as it resulted in a crash loop

Reactions: jvonbon