Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Duplo52

Jul 29, 2019
Did some testing as I was going to automate farming and learned the MFR harvester will harvest some crops and leave planted for regrowth like right clicking or just straight destroy some of them with no seed output and harvest. I could compile a list if needed.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to stop seemingly random Ender Creeper visits to your base other than building it very far above---out of their spawn/teleport range---the ground? Only mob that casually ignores any and all defenses I've come up with.

Duplo52

Jul 29, 2019
Light doesn't affect creepers and I'm pretty sure it doesn't affect enderman. So them porting in I doubt would be avoided that way.

ampen

Jul 29, 2019
anyone know what level sanguinite spawns in 1.1.1? i found one piece long before I could mine it and now that I need it I cant find any

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Light doesn't affect creepers and I'm pretty sure it doesn't affect enderman. So them porting in I doubt would be avoided that way.
As long as you don't stare at them they'll stay peacefull. They are a little creepy to have hanging around but I've often ignored them till morning then traveled away to force despawn.

Andri92

Jul 29, 2019
If anyone wants to power through Blood Magic and needs a good way to get healed up, I suggest using a TiC tool with an Amordrine part, that heals you when you hit a mob, and Obsidian Golems as the sacrifice (to get health from). They have a ton of health and lots of armor, and they're pretty cheap to make.
If you need a neat setup for obsidian farming that doesn't require a lava source, you can make one using Cryotheum like mine (it uses a terrain smasher set on redstone signal high, so that only when a block is in front of it is triggered, because the block carries the redstone signal from the lever in the front; this makes it not destroy the flowing lava).

Last edited:

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a bug reporting thread for BnB?

Ever since a mad-speed, baby Creeper jumped on me and I punched him into to Nether Portal (I was about to enter the Nether, game crashed immidietly after still red-flashing Creeper vanished inside Portal) my game keeps on crashing every time I leave the Nether or die in the Nether.
Log:
Code:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// You're mean.

Time: 8/10/14 3:41 PM
Description: Exception ticking world

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73156_b(ChunkProviderServer.java:328)
   at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72835_b(WorldServer.java:181)
   at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:657)
   at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:587)
   at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:129)
   at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)
   at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately that is a known bug. Not sure what causes it, but it's not uncommon for peoples game to crash as the nether is unloading. So it's not just you, and it's not cause of the baby creeper.

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
Having decided I need more pain and frustration in my life, I've started a playthrough of Blood and Bones for the first time. Yay me! I've done my due diligence and canvased the web for guides and such, but I do have two three questions:
  1. Is there a complementary sheet to this gem by Batch 2/Anesos, which lists the various worldgen ores and the mining level required to dig them up? That would help me figure out the proper tech order (and when I can leap-frog a few levels, e.g. from a Zombie-dropped Iron Ingot)
  2. Hostile Worlds is recommended to be disabled in SMP. I'm playing on a server, but it's just me on there (I'm just offloading my SSP game to a server because my computer sucks). Does the "timer" that controls invaders and the like continue to advance when I'm offline (and no one is on the server), or can I safely leave the server running when I'm not online?
  3. I was lucky enough to find a Roguelike tower made completely of Obsidian, which I've turned into my base. How well do I need to protect it from digging Zombies, Creepers and invaders? Can any of those penetrate Obsidian?
Very, very excited to play through this modpack---I absolutely love what you've done with the tech tree! (Have you considered releasing a more casual pack that includes the incredible extended tech tree, but without the uber-difficult/hardcore elements? I think that would be extremely popular!)

Pete.J.S

Jul 29, 2019
Having decided I need more pain and frustration in my life, I've started a playthrough of Blood and Bones for the first time. Yay me! I've done my due diligence and canvased the web for guides and such, but I do have two three questions:
  1. Is there a complementary sheet to this gem by Batch 2/Anesos, which lists the various worldgen ores and the mining level required to dig them up? That would help me figure out the proper tech order (and when I can leap-frog a few levels, e.g. from a Zombie-dropped Iron Ingot)
  2. Hostile Worlds is recommended to be disabled in SMP. I'm playing on a server, but it's just me on there (I'm just offloading my SSP game to a server because my computer sucks). Does the "timer" that controls invaders and the like continue to advance when I'm offline (and no one is on the server), or can I safely leave the server running when I'm not online?
  3. I was lucky enough to find a Roguelike tower made completely of Obsidian, which I've turned into my base. How well do I need to protect it from digging Zombies, Creepers and invaders? Can any of those penetrate Obsidian?
Very, very excited to play through this modpack---I absolutely love what you've done with the tech tree! (Have you considered releasing a more casual pack that includes the incredible extended tech tree, but without the uber-difficult/hardcore elements? I think that would be extremely popular!)

Hello,
1. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...GZKGNn24_riSLys3mIfc/edit?pli=1#gid=603908831 there ya go :p

Edit: oops, guess i misread the question, this is still good for ore gen levels though :D

2. No idea, sorry

3. Haven't tested invaders, but i think its safe from most creepers

I would like to wish you luck on your 1st play through :p

Last edited:

Duplo52

Jul 29, 2019
Yes @batch_2 has a video that highlights the tier progression

NoOpen

Jul 29, 2019
Is the mining tutle deactivated (1227:1)? I can not craft them?

Recipe is changed, I also believe you must use an equip command on a cobalt pickaxe not craft it with a diamond pick (Don't quote me I am only 95% sure) I am sure someone will confirm or correct me :)

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019

Hope you have a complete blast with it!

1) This video from Batch2 is the best for mining levels currently.

2) If nobody is logged in, the timer shouldn't run. There is something about spawn chunks always staying loaded, but I believe if absolutely nobody is on, the whole thing stops so you should be able to leave it enabled. Also, the portal is much later in 1.1.3 than previous versions (but isn't easy to close...)

3) Invaders can probably still get to you through the obsidian, but you have time before that becomes a problem.