Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
To end the argument, RoC will not be in BnB and it has nothing to do with Reika's license (I can work around licenses.) The endgame capabilities far surpass what I would like, regardless of recipes.
Ya I'm not surprised.... It does go a bit far in the end (which wouldn't be a problem if things could be customized). I'll just keep hating Thermal Expansion and hoping to switch to something better.

PS: There was no "argument". It was a perfectly reasonable discussion.
PPS: I would love to know how you can "work around" licenses which block anything from being changed.

NoOpen

Jul 29, 2019
For a start, provide more details... Post the logs and someone more knowledgeable than me might be able to decipher them.
You might try deleting the folder and re-downloading the pack, see if that helps.
Possibly allocate more RAM to FTB, but depending on how much you already have allocated and which version of Java you're running, that may or may not help.

Try hitting "U" to get out of underground mode. Having the map in underground mode while you're on the surface can make it look like it's been reset.

If it's actually resetting, I have no idea how to fix that.

Sadly its actually resetting but cheers.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
When the 1.7 packs were first announced, and they said that they would mostly be based on RF, you seemed disappointed/worried about what that meant for your mod. Do you make your mod for you, and because you want to make it? Or do you make it because you want it to be super popular and/or part of FtB? And can you really expect your mod/s to stay super popular if they are unable (or you are unwilling to have them) adapt to the ever changing game that is Minecraft?
A standard set by the community for no real reason other than "lots of people doing it" is hardly "adapting to the changing game that is Minecraft". Additionally, framing it as a necessity to adapt to something is misleading, as it implies a duty of sorts to do so, or at least that not doing so is unreasonable. In reality, however, to switch to RF would be to kill RotaryCraft. Its entire design is centered on the shaft power system; take that out, and it is no longer recognizable.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
PPS: I would love to know how you can "work around" licenses which block anything from being changed.

Typically because I have leeway. Not trying to sound elitist about it. Most mod authors have the same respect for me that I have for them. I also don't tend to publicise what dealings I have with mod authors or brag at what things they add specifically at my request. Some of them even have way's to contact me 24/7.
I do a lot of work with various people in this community From modders, to YouTubers, to server owners, to players, etc. I have to cover a lot of ground to get done what I want to do. Even at this time, 80% of my Patreon is reinvested into the community.
I tend to get some special privileges because of what I do. I don't tend to flaunt those privileges or even speak about them.

A standard set by the community for no real reason other than "lots of people doing it" is hardly "adapting to the changing game that is Minecraft". Additionally, framing it as a necessity to adapt to something is misleading, as it implies a duty of sorts to do so, or at least that not doing so is unreasonable. In reality, however, to switch to RF would be to kill RotaryCraft. Its entire design is centered on the shaft power system; take that out, and it is no longer recognizable.

I enjoy RoC the way it is. I do need to sit down with you sometime after your 1.7 ports.
For future things...

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Wow.

And that's why I never talk about things like that. That entire post makes me sound like an entitled prat.

/me sigh

PC parts are do today.

\o/

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Wow.

And that's why I never talk about things like that. That entire post makes me sound like an entitled prat.

/me sigh

PC parts are do today.

\o/
It's early and you hadn't had enough coffee yet? That's enough to make anyone sound like a prat (entitled or not...) :D

Yay for new computer parts!!

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I disagree.

I agree with Reika's disagree. You sounded pretty reasonable explaining the situation. Sometimes when you are doing lots of work and working with lots of people, you get a bit more co-operation on what you are doing, since you are helping with what someone else is doing.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I disagree.
I agree with Reika's disagree. You sounded pretty reasonable explaining the situation. Sometimes when you are doing lots of work and working with lots of people, you get a bit more co-operation on what you are doing, since you are helping with what someone else is doing.

I'll just say ok and go on about my...

Shiny!
yra7ujuh.jpg

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
I'm actually looking at likely upgrading to a pair of GTX760s (from a pair of GTX460s), and adding another 12gb of ram to cap my mobo at 24gb. Hopfully that extra ram will help w the lag in BnB... lol.

Reactions: Eyamaz

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to take the time to say:
Reika, I like all the thought you've put into your mods.
Eyamaz, I enjoyed your mod-pack and look forward to your updated mod pack.

I just wish time would stand still so I could take the time to make my own mods, but sadly there is just too much I have to do and so much that I want to do that I don't have time to do it all. So thank you for taking the precious time to make minecraft that much more enjoyable for the many people who have enjoyed your efforts.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I'm at the point where I need to start thinking about The End. Unfortunately up to this point I've managed to harvest exactly one ender pearl. Oops. Guess it is time to net an Enderman.

Wursti

Jul 29, 2019
How often and where do fantasy metals spawn? I spent quite some time mining but didn't find any yet.

Wursti

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you! I was wondering why everybody wants to go to the spirit world xD.
Seems like i'll have to learn another mod.

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
Love the Mod Pack. Just had to chime in.

I seem to crash every time I leave the Nether in 1.1.3 in a single player world. Was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

Duplo52

Jul 29, 2019
Figures. That's the only thing I have to leave the dream world for now. Mining in dream world is 100x easier just pack a handful of night vision pots and go