Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Had a friend report this same issue in a SP world he started a few weeks ago. Dismissed it as a one off, but it was the exact same scenario. He encounterned a Trents (one of the big ones) hit it twice and the game crashed. He was not able to get back into it. If he still has it I will have him try and delete the player.dat and see what happens.
It is fixable, simply edit your player.dat or level.dat, locate the player status effect "0" and change the zero to "1"

larae1929

Jul 29, 2019
one is called red gas which explodes and the other is nitrous which doesn't explode (that ive seen anyways) and theres also the black coloured gas that oozes up from bedrock isn't it called void gas? they are all nasty lol

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
one is called red gas which explodes and the other is nitrous which doesn't explode (that ive seen anyways) and theres also the black coloured gas that oozes up from bedrock isn't it called void gas? they are all nasty lol

Oh yeah that bedrock isn't touchable anymore. Stand on it and you get damage and if you stay on it or next to it for too long, you die.

h3zz3r

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if you know or not, but in this current version by default manganese isn't generated (the only way to get steel before having gotten power).

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if you know or not, but in this current version by default manganese isn't generated (the only way to get steel before having gotten power).

Not the only way... You now need to use Tinkers' Steelworks high oven.

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a post somewhere or a link to where it tells me what zombies can and cannot break?

Not exactly... The easy answer though is almost anything "human made" (i.e. outside of standard world gen) with the exception of stone brick and stairs, and counterintuitively chests. In other words, torches, wood planks, everything cobblestone (including stairs), all slabs, all tool tables, smeltery blocks, etc. are all griefable. Stick with dirt and stone bricks for building your base.

If you want the exact list, look at the SpecialAI.cfg for a list of item IDs.

Prominthore

Jul 29, 2019
ok one problem. All of you tips helped me. First what is green gas and why do it do what it do? And wheneven it becomes daytime i peek out of my hole and a creeper blows me up. EVERY SINGLE TIME. so i cant live at all.
So my first night I often build a hidy hole in a cliff. The trick is to go down one lower than the ground outside so that you can open the hole at their feet and hit them without them blowing up. Only hit them in the morning when you need to get out or you'll waste too much hunger.

Reactions: Gerald Huppertz

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
ok one problem. All of you tips helped me. First what is green gas and why do it do what it do? And wheneven it becomes daytime i peek out of my hole and a creeper blows me up. EVERY SINGLE TIME. so i cant live at all.

Try going out in a different direction. Yes it will take some time but those monsters will just camp where you are and much dangerous if you don't have a weapon yet.

Reactions: SpyroTheDragon

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
So my first night I often build a hidy hole in a cliff. The trick is to go down one lower than the ground outside so that you can open the hole at their feet and hit them without them blowing up. Only hit them in the morning when you need to get out or you'll waste too much hunger.

or just dig your pit so that they fall into a two deep hole... ensuring only their feet are exposed to you. at that point in the AM all you have to do is collect the drops from the combustible ones..... and walk away. No need to burn the hunger attacking trapped mobs at that stage. ANY traps like this will be quit susceptible to micro creepers....... you stand warned.

oh and keep your griefable items away such a pit..... having a creeper go off trying to get that errant torch can be... "unpleasant"

Last edited:

SiberianPhoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Just a bit of a question to see if anyone here knows the answer as I can't find it anywhere. NEI lists a special "orb" for the fantasy metals, i.e. "prometheum orb" which is crafted with 8 of that metal and 1 ender pearl. They seem like they need to be charged as they start at 0/50 and they don't do anything. Any ideas?

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019

^^This. I always do my hidy holes in a sheer cliff face and typically build a ledge out so so there is a minimum 6 block drop below me. Then in the morning I punch a peek hole at ground level out the side to see if its safe to sneak out. I always carry at least 10-15 dirt with me.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Just a bit of a question to see if anyone here knows the answer as I can't find it anywhere. NEI lists a special "orb" for the fantasy metals, i.e. "prometheum orb" which is crafted with 8 of that metal and 1 ender pearl. They seem like they need to be charged as they start at 0/50 and they don't do anything. Any ideas?
Can be used to store Exp in the orbs.

Shank2000

Jul 29, 2019
I am in the dream world. I found ender lilliy seeds, planted them and waiting to get an ender pearl. In the meanwhile, I have no idea how to get a blaze powder to craft an eye of ender for the ender chest. I did find some redstone dust and can use a magma crucible with a fluid transposer, but I will need to find some glowstone dust. Does any one have any suggestions?

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
I am in the dream world. I found ender lilliy seeds, planted them and waiting to get an ender pearl. In the meanwhile, I have no idea how to get a blaze powder to craft an eye of ender for the ender chest. I did find some redstone dust and can use a magma crucible with a fluid transposer, but I will need to find some glowstone dust. Does any one have any suggestions?
You need to find a villager that trades ender eyes. The dreamworld is currently "broken" and the fix that was supposed to be in 1.1.2 is now scheduled for the next update.