Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
Started a new world in 1.1.2 and I get no heaing from food items any more (?). Things that restore more than 1/2 a pt of hunger like bread and juice and smoothies are not restoring any hearts. I even spawned in a supreme pizza as a test (which is a feast) and it did not restore any hearts. In my old world (started in 1.1.1) I don't have this issue.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
@squeek502 Have you tried at all to patch any of the other mods with BnBTweaks like Hostile Worlds? I've spent around 9 hours today teaching myself ASM and attempting to patch it, but the location of the boss spawn location variable has left me fairly stumped without fully rewriting the method....

PS: How did you learn ASM? Got any helpful links? :p

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Started a new world in 1.1.2 and I get no heaing from food items any more (?). Things that restore more than 1/2 a pt of hunger like bread and juice and smoothies are not restoring any hearts. I even spawned in a supreme pizza as a test (which is a feast) and it did not restore any hearts. In my old world (started in 1.1.1) I don't have this issue.
This has popped up a few times in the past few pages, but no clear reason or fix for it yet. If you have a clear, reproducible case that shows this, I believe @squeek502 offered to take a look at it. The problem is everyone who's seen this later had it clear up and couldn't reproduce it again.

That said... just as a test, you might disable Spice of Life mod temporarily and see if that fixes it for you. Not saying it's SoL for sure of course, but it might be worth a shot.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

squeek502

Jul 29, 2019
@squeek502 Have you tried at all to patch any of the other mods with BnBTweaks like Hostile Worlds? I've spent around 9 hours today teaching myself ASM and attempting to patch it, but the location of the boss spawn location variable has left me fairly stumped without fully rewriting the method....

PS: How did you learn ASM? Got any helpful links? :p
Nope, haven't done anything else with BnBTweaks. Do you have a way to view the bytecode of the code you're patching? I believe I use this Eclipse plugin. A good method is to copy the source file that you want to patch into your project and make the changes you intend to make. Then, view the bytecode and note the changes that your inserted code makes and inject that bytecode sequence in the proper location using ASM. I've gone a bit ASM crazy with my recent mods, so you can see some more example code here and here.

Also note that I'm not a strong Java developer (Minecraft mods are my first introduction to it) and I have no idea if I'm using ASM in the best way.

This has popped up a few times in the past few pages, but no clear reason or fix for it yet. If you have a clear, reproducible case that shows this, I believe @squeek502 offered to take a look at it. The problem is everyone who's seen this later had it clear up and couldn't reproduce it again.

That said... just as a test, you might disable Spice of Life mod temporarily and see if that fixes it for you. Not saying it's SoL for sure of course, but it might be worth a shot.
Yes, if I had a reliable method of reproducing it, I could have it fixed very quickly. From what others have said, though, simply restarting Minecraft seems to fix it.

I've actually started to doubt whether it's possible that it's being caused by The Spice of Life. My suspicion was that somehow this code that very briefly turns off Hunger Overhaul's health regen could have been the cause (as in, somehow the health regen config option would stay off instead of being reset to what it used to be), but that code is only run client-side, so it'd actually only cause an extremely brief desync (the client wouldn't know about the regen until the server synced health, which would be instantaneous because health gets synced whenever hunger changes).

My guess is that somehow players are not getting their FoodStats overwritten by Hunger Overhaul's IguanaFoodStats implementation in certain cases (see this code for when Hunger Overhaul overwrites FoodStats).

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
For me the issue started with the creation of the world and remained through several restarts. I just tried disabling spice of life and it fixed the issue. I reenabled spice of life and the problem is still fixed. It is possible it is just a coincidence but seems likely the spice of life code is the cause, considering the issue did persist through half a dozen restarts for me and it was fixed as soon as I started the game with SoL disabled.

squeek502

Jul 29, 2019
For me the issue started with the creation of the world and remained through several restarts. I just tried disabling spice of life and it fixed the issue. I reenabled spice of life and the problem is still fixed. It is possible it is just a coincidence but seems likely the spice of life code is the cause, considering the issue did persist through half a dozen restarts for me and it was fixed as soon as I started the game with SoL disabled.
If it happens again and persists like that, let me know and I'll give you a test version that'll hopefully help debug it.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Check to see if the issue is from the added code for the starting delay until nourishment kicks in.

Edit: check it with both j7 and j8

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
I will let you know if the issue comes back.. I just tried creating a new test world and the first piece of food I ate did restore health. On this machine I did upgrade to 1.1.2 immediately before creating the new world where I had the issue. Not sure if that could have anything to do with it. On another machine when I upgraded to 1.1.2 I was playing an existing 1.1.1 world and did not encounter any issue.

java version "1.7.0_55"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.4.7) (7u55-2.4.7-1ubuntu1~0.13.10.1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.51-b03, mixed mode)

I am on Oracle 1.7.0_60 on the machine where I did not have a problem (was 1.8 but downgraded because of the item ID conflict issue going between 1.7 and 1.8). Not sure how I ended up running OpenJDK again on this box... I know I fixed that. It must have reset the update-alternatives when I installed some patches.

squeek502

Jul 29, 2019

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
Yes hunger and saturation were being restored as expected based on the type of food being eaten and the diminishing returns. It was only the heath that was not being affected.

Doctorious

Jul 29, 2019
Backing up my world, instead of overwriting and replacing everything, make a fresh update. So no hunger problems here on four machines.

Sendt fra min GT-I9300 med Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2019
I just made it to the nethers and collected pig iron. when i created a pickaxe head and added it my current one, i can no longer mine neitherrack and my mining level went down to bronze. any ideas. Thanks

Vechora

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question about the spice of life nonsense:

In most youtube clips the players eating juices restore 1 haunch/ham/hunger thingy (1 hunger restored) 5 times before it diminshes to 80%

when I eat a juice in my BnB world I restore 1 haunch the first time and 0.5 the times after, my tooltip shows 91% after the first time.

so why the difference?

larae1929

Jul 29, 2019
you are not using the most recent version[DOUBLEPOST=1403444069][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just made it to the nethers and collected pig iron. when i created a pickaxe head and added it my current one, i can no longer mine neitherrack and my mining level went down to bronze. any ideas. Thanks
its a lower mining level than what u had

larae1929

Jul 29, 2019
The previous one was damascus steel. the steel pickaxe head by itself in NEI say cobalt and when i try to replace it back it seems to be the same.
steel pickaxes start at steel or diamond lvl and go up to shadow steel. u have to boost inasholite I believe which is after shadow steel to be able to get cobalt. the metallurgy guide should be on the first page of this thread batch2 and anesos compiled a current one

Jul 29, 2019
steel pickaxes start at steel or diamond lvl and go up to shadow steel. u have to boost inasholite I believe which is after shadow steel to be able to get cobalt. the metallurgy guide should be on the first page of this thread batch2 and anesos compiled a current one

Thank you. But you can see it is stuck on bronze

Attachments

• 2014-06-22_10.01.04.png
    2014-06-22_10.01.04.png
    136.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 2014-06-22_10.02.23.png
    2014-06-22_10.02.23.png
    139.1 KB · Views: 71