Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
I know its in at least v1.1.1 as I have seen another youtuber, Anesos, with an electric gas covered portal and he is on v1.1.1 I think. Look up the gas collector, pump, and tank and gas pipes. I think they can deal with it but I have yet to get far enough to try that!

Thanks, I'll look into that and see what I can come up with dealing the invader portal. However, I must go back and diffuse these people who still think you can destroy the portal with a bucket of water like its a walk in a park.

SiberianPhoenix

Jul 29, 2019
If you stick the numbers in NEI it's not hard to find out which ID is what, it's just tedious is all :)[DOUBLEPOST=1403282191][/DOUBLEPOST]
I wish I could tell ya but mine is the exact same way. I've been using 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 and both spawn with a massive electric gas cloud. I wouldn't mind so much if maybe popping the portal got RID of the gas. You can always make a bridge over the top of it and dump water around the portal to get down there but even that is a horrid pain.
lol, take a screenshot and show em.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
lol, take a screenshot and show em.

I'm doing a series on it on hardcore. I think they didn't see my previous episode where they saw the electric gas cloud as I just up and went with lots of bagpacks and transferred on the video they were saying I should do that (water on portal).

SiberianPhoenix

Jul 29, 2019
While I'm not on hardcore, what I've done was make some armor (best for where u are at at that time at least) make sure I had full health and food and run in with a bucket and dump it on the portal frame. That hurt and I barely made it out (mostly due to the massive damage the meteor cause being difficult to traverse upwards) so I saw a post a while back that suggested the platform above it then raining the water down on the portal area so you can get down to the frame. Hopefully this gas cloud will NOT find it's way into 1.2. I like things difficult (I wouldn't be playing BnB if I didn't) but that cloud is too much imho.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding HW portals and gas:

- Electric gas around portals was added in BnB 1.1.1.
- Ssundee recently published closing a portal, but he's still on 1.0.7 I believe.
- I went to a portal in a recent video, saw it and said NOPE!
- Electric gas is not pipeable or collectable by the gas collector.
- Your best bet seems to be to build a bridge above the gas cloud, dump water down, jump down with bucket in hand and close the portal before you die.
- Closing one portal will start the timer for another portal to open, so get ready to do it all again soon.
- Gas around portals has become less electrifying and more easily handled in 1.1.2 (at least in a test world I tried)

Reactions: Doctorious

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
While I'm not on hardcore, what I've done was make some armor (best for where u are at at that time at least) make sure I had full health and food and run in with a bucket and dump it on the portal frame. That hurt and I barely made it out (mostly due to the massive damage the meteor cause being difficult to traverse upwards) so I saw a post a while back that suggested the platform above it then raining the water down on the portal area so you can get down to the frame. Hopefully this gas cloud will NOT find it's way into 1.2. I like things difficult (I wouldn't be playing BnB if I didn't) but that cloud is too much imho.

At least the cloud toasts any invaders currently!

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019

Yeah, that cloud is nasty. Wished we can use it as another form of base defense.

Regarding HW portals and gas:

- Electric gas around portals was added in BnB 1.1.1.
- Ssundee recently published closing a portal, but he's still on 1.0.7 I believe.
- I went to a portal in a recent video, saw it and said NOPE!
- Electric gas is not pipeable or collectable by the gas collector.
- Your best bet seems to be to build a bridge above the gas cloud, dump water down, jump down with bucket in hand and close the portal before you die.
- Closing one portal will start the timer for another portal to open, so get ready to do it all again soon.
- Gas around portals has become less electrifying and more easily handled in 1.1.2 (at least in a test world I tried)

One question about the electric gas. How far down does it reach? I'm just thinking of just digging down and covering everything with lava and when they try to dig out, they get killed there. Destroying the portal, like you said, will just spawn another one so I think one portal is enough just to contain where it is.

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, that cloud is nasty. Wished we can use it as another form of base defense.

One question about the electric gas. How far down does it reach? I'm just thinking of just digging down and covering everything with lava and when they try to dig out, they get killed there. Destroying the portal, like you said, will just spawn another one so I think one portal is enough just to contain where it is.

I think, currently it will get you even through blocks. I just spawned an invasion in my test world and got nitrous gas come from it. It seems the portal replaces all blocks in a certain direction with gas sources and it flows out from there.

Reactions: Anesos

SiberianPhoenix

Jul 29, 2019

From my experience it is a sphere around the portal that has a rather large (maybe 25 approx) block radious.

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
From my experience it is a sphere around the portal that has a rather large (maybe 25 approx) block radious.
This one is not quite as big, but again Nitrous Gas, running on v1.1.2

b4h2H8j.jpg

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Now that got me thinking, rather than digging a perimeter, and rather just pouring water from a platform on top of the cloud, just engulf it with lava. At least anything in that area will get burnt to a crisp and portal still intact. I think I'll go test that one out.

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
Now that got me thinking, rather than digging a perimeter, and rather just pouring water from a platform on top of the cloud, just engulf it with lava. At least anything in that area will get burnt to a crisp and portal still intact. I think I'll go test that one out.

Pouring Water into a nitrous filled portal is a BAD idea. Don't know how it reacts with lava but I dont seem to be able to pass through a portal at least not in creative

ThePa9an

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone been able to get a server running using Multicraft...or more specifically GGServers. I can get the pack to load but the server crashes after about a minute. They can't (or won't) change the JVM arguments that are recommended. Any way to get around this?

Canondeath

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone been able to get a server running using Multicraft...or more specifically GGServers. I can get the pack to load but the server crashes after about a minute. They can't (or won't) change the JVM arguments that are recommended. Any way to get around this?

Did you tried to add the JVM arguments in the starting ".bat" file of your server?

Minefrier

Jul 29, 2019
Possibly a bug report.
Was fighting a Trent. It must have hit me but not sure as My client crashed.
Now it keeps crashing whenever I log in (before I render the world ) - presumably as I have the same status effect on me still.
This is on a public MP server - I'm just a player not admin or anything.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at bspkrs.statuseffecthud.StatusEffectHUD.displayStatusEffects(StatusEffectHUD.java:174)
at bspkrs.statuseffecthud.StatusEffectHUD.onTickInGame(StatusEffectHUD.java:105)
at bspkrs.statuseffecthud.fml.SEHRenderTicker.onTick(SEHRenderTicker.java:52)
at bspkrs.statuseffecthud.fml.SEHRenderTicker.tick(SEHRenderTicker.java:37)
at bspkrs.statuseffecthud.fml.SEHRenderTicker.tickEnd(SEHRenderTicker.java:30)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.SingleIntervalHandler.tickEnd(SingleIntervalHandler.java:34)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.tickEnd(FMLCommonHandler.java:141)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onRenderTickEnd(FMLCommonHandler.java:377)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:948)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:838)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

Minefrier

Jul 29, 2019
Possibly a bug report.
Was fighting a Trent. It must have hit me but not sure as My client crashed.
Now it keeps crashing whenever I log in (before I render the world ) - presumably as I have the same status effect on me still.
This is on a public MP server - I'm just a player not admin or anything.
I tried disabling StatusEffectHUD form pack and now the error is in minecraft core.
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.minecraft.potion.PotionEffect.func_76455_a(PotionEffect.java:186)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70679_bo(EntityLivingBase.java:605)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70030_z(EntityLivingBase.java:362)
at net.minecraft.entity.Entity.func_70071_h_(Entity.java:438)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70071_h_(EntityLivingBase.java:1781)
at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer.func_70071_h_(EntityPlayer.java:342)
at net.minecraft.client.entity.EntityClientPlayerMP.func_70071_h_(SourceFile:46)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72866_a(World.java:2350)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72870_g(World.java:2311)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:2157)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1921)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:910)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:838)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)
I can see someone else reported same error but their circumstances leading up to it are not known.
http://support.feed-the-beast.com/questions/9935/nullpointerexception-potioneffect

Last edited: