Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
and you have no issues with mobs or silver fish. Interesting. I've been digging a large quarry thinking, if only I had a turtle. Using the dirt and cobblestone to expand my floating base. Good thing invaders can't fly.

Silverfish are a now and then thing, i try to avoid an area after i hit them, back up right turn, go around. Mobs are minor if you light your tunnels, and don't go running off down caves. If i hit a cave, i'm careful, wall off one end, light up the other then mine, and can then worry about the other end if i hear no mobs. Wall off cave from mine tunnels,keep going. Put down a chest and fill with ores when i get some, in case i die. BnB makes me careful and paranoid.

larae1929

Jul 29, 2019
I mentioned this once before but still haven't gotten around to testing how practical this is. Flowing water will remove gas. So if you were to pour water down on the portal from above it should clean it up. Lava would work too...
it doesn't actually lol I did try it after u posted that. but I was able to build above it, pour water from above on the portal, ride the water down with another bucket and douse the portal before it killed me. ok it took a few tries, but ive closed 2 this way right by my base before any invaders came thru. just make sure u are healed to full and wearing armor u don't care if u lose- cause u will die and be unable to retrieve it after. I have ideas on removing the gas but I cant make the stuff I need to do that yet- if it works I will let u know lol

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
it doesn't actually lol I did try it after u posted that. but I was able to build above it, pour water from above on the portal, ride the water down with another bucket and douse the portal before it killed me. ok it took a few tries, but ive closed 2 this way right by my base before any invaders came thru. just make sure u are healed to full and wearing armor u don't care if u lose- cause u will die and be unable to retrieve it after. I have ideas on removing the gas but I cant make the stuff I need to do that yet- if it works I will let u know lol

Ohhh. So the water just stops when it hits the gas? Maybe it's a different kind of gas. When I tested with the Glenns gasses electric gas the water went right into the gas replacing the gas in the way.

Glad to hear you've found a way to do it though! A lot of people have been asking.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Bug report (mainly as a warning)

When using the Dynamic Tank camouflage function. If you try to camouflage it with items that i assume are not basic building blocks, it crashes your client. There is another crash which i wasn't able to reproduce (i'll edit the second crash if i manage to find out what it was.)

larae1929

Jul 29, 2019
No
Ohhh. So the water just stops when it hits the gas? Maybe it's a different kind of gas. When I tested with the Glenns gasses electric gas the water went right into the gas replacing the gas in the way.

Glad to hear you've found a way to do it though! A lot of people have been asking.
it penetrates the gas but once u pick up the water source block the gas fills right back in. And u still get zapped by the lightning. Even thru a dirt wall lol

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
it penetrates the gas but once u pick up the water source block the gas fills right back in. And u still get zapped by the lightning. Even thru a dirt wall lol

That's nuts! I guess you'd have to completely swamp it for that to work lol

larae1929

Jul 29, 2019
That's nuts! I guess you'd have to completely swamp it for that to work lol
I built a dirt bridge over the top of the cloud and set my source water block right above the portal so it flowed down on top and around it then rode the water stream down with wooden armor and a clay bucket trying to hit the portal with water- took me multiple tries cause u get zapped and there were no blocks under the portal I could stand on- it was free floating in both my invasions thus far. went thru half a dozen buckets and sets of wooden armor and a ton of food to close the 2 portals and im just waiting now for daylight to try to get rid of the clouds

DerTollUdo

Jul 29, 2019
Couple things. Bug: water over white cement lets you see through the world. Untested with other colors. As for portals, could you not use the gas pump for it? Or perhaps dig under it?
As for BoP I really like the different biomes I have seen in mostly anesos' videos, and would love to play with some of them but don't want to lose all the foods of the world for it.

larae1929

Jul 29, 2019
Couple things. Bug: water over white cement lets you see through the world. Untested with other colors. As for portals, could you not use the gas pump for it? Or perhaps dig under it?
As for BoP I really like the different biomes I have seen in mostly anesos' videos, and would love to play with some of them but don't want to lose all the foods of the world for it.
The gas pump doesn't do much and I've tried digging under it the lightning zaps me thru four blocks of stone still. And when u do the math figuring a portal is at least 25 blocks wide same long and same high and I do mean at least- the gas pump isn't very effective because the gas doesn't flow well it will only clear the block next to it. I'm not having much luck using water to fill in the hole from the portal either. My next thing will be to fill it over with dirt and stone but with how big it is I'm betting another portal will drop before I get much done with this one.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
ok..... I have the launcher now what? I tried to create a server with it and I used forge and everything. I can't get on.....

You need to use the server I provide via the download server button, or go with a one-click install service like creeperhost provides.

The client is run like any other pack on the FTB Launcher.

-shhfiftyfive

Jul 29, 2019
as for BoP, if i use it i severely limit how many biomes are set to true. i mean maybe 5 biomes. vanilla has 7 biomes? at best would be a 50/50 ratio of biomes. more than that just doesnt work, either for this pack or for my liking in general.

i'd also consider changing some of the village spawn settings in the BoP terrain cfg. some BoP biomes can't spawn villages by default. you can change this. or you could change/lower the distance between villages to compensate for the fact that some biomes have no potential to spawn them.

Reactions: Batch2 and Eyamaz

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
For all it can cause some hardship in BNB with lack of food, villages, etc. I still love some of the bop zones. Found a bop redwood biome on the pledge server and have decided to go back to my EQ roots and build a Kelethin inspired tree city. There is significant risk that lightning or mobs will set it on fire, adding to the challenge. Then again, i sometimes also hated that confusing city when i started, so maybe burning it at the end of the month could be cathartic :)

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
BoP makes things much harder. Since my primary balance point is HC and HC Tournament style servers, BoP is an if case. It works very well for community servers not stressing as HC, though. It makes SSP HC stupidly hard even by my standards.

The same goes with HW. It really ramps the difficulty up in ssp, but the portals will roach servers within days since they eat the landscape.

So always remember, though I always listen to (and sometimes implement) suggestions from my players, I will always weigh those suggestions against HC and HCT style play.

Reactions: Batch2

thorgal11

Jul 29, 2019
my luncher woud not start

sry for not good typing but im flamich[DOUBLEPOST=1402063567][/DOUBLEPOST](from belgium)

Smiley3986

Jul 29, 2019
Eyamaz are mining turtles disabled? I have a turtle and a cobalt pick but they wont craft to a mining turtle.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Eyamaz are mining turtles disabled? I have a turtle and a cobalt pick but they wont craft to a mining turtle.

No changes to CC require you to use turtle.equipLeft() and turtle.equipRight() now. Please see the changes at computercraft.info

my luncher woud not start

sry for not good typing but im flamich[DOUBLEPOST=1402063567][/DOUBLEPOST](from belgium)

Please report this to support.

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
umm it's cool that jelly gives you free glass bottles but I feel as if that wasn't intended. Not that I'm going to complain about free bottles for potions.