Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
So how do TiC weapon upgrades work and/or are they broken?

In our last A B Si Show video, we all upgraded to Shadow Steel sword blades and Batch's stayed at 3.5 damage, mine changed to 6.5, and Sisho's changed to 7. I thought that was weird, but also thought changing versions might have messed something up.

In my SSP world, I just upgraded my full Iron longsword to have a Damascus Steel blade. Batch's spreadsheet and the in-game tooltip (hold control) agree that Iron is 1.5 base damage multiplier and Damascus Steel is 2.5. But my sword's damage didn't change and still shows 3.5 both before and after the new blade.

Anyone know what's going on here?

i think a lot of these issues have been worked out in the newer tictweaks builds. once I get home tonight, i am going to be pulling some long hours to get 1.1.2 out before morning. the first tournament (race) starts tomorrow hosted by Sevadus. I need to get some things in place inb4 then specifically dealing with loot and mobs.

btw @squeek502 i normally dont ask for ETAs or rushes, but do you have a time on SoL 1.0.3 I would like to get that in before the races start.

Reactions: Doctorious

squeek502

Jul 29, 2019
btw @squeek502 i normally dont ask for ETAs or rushes, but do you have a time on SoL 1.0.3 I would like to get that in before the races start.
The thing that's holding it up is being able to use recipe lookups in food group definitions (like if you set apple as a base item in a food group, any item that uses apples in its recipe would also be included in the food group). But I can just disable that part for now, make sure everything else is good to go, and release a new version. Should be able to get that done today.

Reactions: Eyamaz

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
The thing that's holding it up is being able to use recipe lookups in food group definitions (like if you set apple as a base item in a food group, any item that uses apples in its recipe would also be included in the food group). But I can just disable that part for now, make sure everything else is good to go, and release a new version. Should be able to get that done today.

You da man.

When are you going to get a Patreon?

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
... get 1.1.2 out before morning. the first tournament (race) starts tomorrow hosted by Sevadus. ...

Cool on 1.1.2! But uhm who's racing what where when? I feel like I missed something. Got a link with some more info?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Cool on 1.1.2! But uhm who's racing what where when? I feel like I missed something. Got a link with some more info?

It's a race being put on by Sevadus. Twitch.tv/sevadus His first race, actually and starting with BnB. The race will be one week long and take place from tomorrow to next Sunday (1 week.)

Your score is determined by distance traveled, time played, and something I can't remember :p oh, and it's HC, so when you die that is your final score.

The first Races are whitelisted for his subs only. Depending on how well the races go, he will also do them for non subs (maybe.)

PhatBatman

Jul 29, 2019
Blood Magic Tier 4 altar creation requires "weak blood shards". These are looted by killing mobs under the effect of weakness with the "Bound Blade". How do I create a "Bound Blade" since it requires putting a diamond sword on the altar? Problem being diamond swords are disabled.

Last edited:

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
I feel slow. I restart every time I die, and at every new update but still have yet to reach bronze.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Blood Magic Tier 4 altar creation requires "weak blood shards". These are looted by killing mobs under the effect of weakness with the "Bound Blade". How do I create a "Bound Blade" since it requires putting a diamond sword on the altar? Problem being diamond swords are disabled.
Diamond swords are not disabled, they are simply renamed to Cobalt Sword and have a new recipe.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Boo. not going to have 1.1.2 done for the races :(

to many things to fix and test and GRAAA!

#BlameLawbroken just because

edit: though the things that are coming are going to be awesome

Last edited:

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
I've started on BnB and I'm finding it awesome. Day 3 and still going strong (well hiding in a tower is better than hiding underground)

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
im a BIG noob how do I download this pack

It should be on the FTB launcher, just browse thru the modpacks. If it helps its above Agrarian Skies and below Magic Farm 2, click on Blood n Bones, then click Launch, it will download it for you.

Kate.W

Jul 29, 2019
It should be on the FTB launcher, just browse thru the modpacks. If it helps its above Agrarian Skies and below Magic Farm 2, click on Blood n Bones, then click Launch, it will download it for you.
it keeps crashing when I try to create a world

DerTollUdo

Jul 29, 2019
For the crash at world creation, that happened to me when I first started because I couldn't allocate enough ram for it since I was on 32 bit java. If you're on 64 then you can do it by simply going to options in the launcher and telling it to use more ram. I use about 3 with no real issues.