Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Ravin

Jul 29, 2019
yes, i've created a bunch of hoppers to work around this bug. but i hope eyamaz can poke the metallurgy mod author about this and find a real solution.

the mod author already knows about it and is looking into it, was trying to get ahold of eyamaz earlier about it once the bug showed up on the forum but with his current internet issues i can see why that didnt happen.

kenny1997

Jul 29, 2019
Ok small question, cause im getting a bit irritated, what comes next after bronze/damascus steel? I made it to the nether (at last) but I cant mine anything; not even netherrack, which is getting on my nerves at this point. Boosting it with heads didnt do anything, and as for levelling it up, I need to mine about 400 more blocks to go which is incredibly grindy. Can anyone help?

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
Btw @Eyamaz @Mikhaila

Fantasy Metals are obtainable.

Villagers sometimes do stock Ender Eyes :3
And overworld villages will have their dream world counter parts.

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
Ok small question, cause im getting a bit irritated, what comes next after bronze/damascus steel? I made it to the nether (at last) but I cant mine anything; not even netherrack, which is getting on my nerves at this point. Boosting it with heads didnt do anything, and as for levelling it up, I need to mine about 400 more blocks to go which is incredibly grindy. Can anyone help?

Steel Pickaxe.

Boosted Steel Pickaxe will mine netherrack and basic nether ores.

potop999

Jul 29, 2019

Boost the pickaxe after which you should be able to mine netherrack and SOME of the ores. Get alduorite and cerulase and smelt them in the furnace to make inolashite. Make a pick with it. Boost it. Then go for manyullyn.

Kyo_sohma951

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure you're using the 1.6.4_D1 version of optifine. You also may try upping the RAM allocation slightly.
For optifine: personnally i haven't had any problem running it with BNB so far.

How to instal,l:
1) Download optifine 1.6.4 D1(i use Ultra).
2) Place it in your BNB mods folder.
3) Inside your mods folder you have a folder named 1.6.4. Open that folder.
4) Open the third file (WorldCore-universal-1.6.4-1.1.0.17) with WinRar or the compressing program of your choosing.
5) Finally, delete the meta-inf and your done.

Edited Step #4 (I apologize for the delay. But when the booty calls, i answer ;D)
Thank you both, I finally got it working.

sleepylemur

Jul 29, 2019
Boost the pickaxe after which you should be able to mine netherrack and SOME of the ores. Get alduorite and cerulase and smelt them in the furnace to make inolashite. Make a pick with it. Boost it. Then go for manyullyn.
personally i went from damascus steel, boosted it, and then got shadow steel from shadow iron and lemurite. regular steel works same as damascus steel but mines faster and is more durable.

sisho

Jul 29, 2019
I dislike how often it rains but that's with minecraft in general.

It's actually really useful on this modpack since water sources are not infinite. You can use the MFR weather collector to keep a nice amount of infinite water going.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
I'm gonna go guns blazing in this modpack on hardcore mode later this week! So excited to die >_<

Cosmology27

Jul 29, 2019
So I love all the difficulty stuff, but I've heard rumours of something that made the mobs be able to spawn in lighter conditions, so light that they could spawn under trees during the day.
I'd love to even just have mobs spawning in the middle of the field during the day, and not be hurt by sunlight. Basically just the same spawning situation as night time.
Any way I can do this?
What mod affects these things?

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
So I love all the difficulty stuff, but I've heard rumours of something that made the mobs be able to spawn in lighter conditions, so light that they could spawn under trees during the day.
I'd love to even just have mobs spawning in the middle of the field during the day, and not be hurt by sunlight. Basically just the same spawning situation as night time.
Any way I can do this?
I half live in a jungle. This does not exist yet.

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
Tatarite Rod + Fiery String Shortbow "Hellbound" and Tartarite Tipped + Tartarite Rod + Feather Fletching Arrows "Doomshot" = 48 Damage unmodified.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
Any way I can do this?

I think you're confused. Mobs will spawn above ground if it is dark enough. So if you have enough dense trees with a lot of branches this can happen even in vanilla minecraft. Though it's rare in vanilla as trees tend to be very small.

In this pack you'll often find many mobs around the base of redwood trees.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Normal or bug forgotten?

"End Stone" Is unbreakable by Damascus Pickaxe
"Endstone Brick" && "Fancy Endstone Brick" are breakable by Damascus Pickaxe.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Normal or bug forgotten?

The end is post-fantasy metals in the progression for the pack, that would be why your weak little overworld pickaxe cannot break endstone.

Reactions: Eyamaz

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Normal or bug forgotten?

The bug would be me forgetting to add them to the proper harvest list. Endstone is Endgame.

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
Hey @Eyamaz @Mikhaila666

It is actually possible to get Fantasy Ores in the Dream World,
So a direct patch is not needed immedeatly.

Normal-World Villages have exact Dreamworld counter parts.
Villagers sometimes stock Ender Eyes as a trade.

So you can actually get Fantasy Ores.

And once you have your ender chest, it becomes a cake walk. No monsters spawn. You literally cannot loose anything in there.

Cosmology27

Jul 29, 2019
I think you're confused. Mobs will spawn above ground if it is dark enough. So if you have enough dense trees with a lot of branches this can happen even in vanilla minecraft. Though it's rare in vanilla as trees tend to be very small.
In this pack you'll often find many mobs around the base of redwood trees.

I might be confused, but what I had heard is that there's something in a config (that used to be in older BNBs?) that increases the light levels for spawning, meaning that mobs can spawn in lighter conditions. The darkness levels under trees generally doesn't get too dark (which is why you're saying you need dense trees). If the light levels required for spawn were increased, then you'd have mobs spawning under trees quite commonly. I guess I'm just mistaken about this existing though? Too bad, I'd love that.

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
It's been stated that its not the intended design philosophy and that a patch is coming.

But there is also another way to carry over your stuff, it has to to with ender stuff.

Find it out yourself.

Ps: You'll need leather and string