Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with Blargerist, the main issue with SoL is there is no scaling in it. If you have a bad start and cannot find the required 7 types of food before the first night you are almost guaranteed to die to starvation. Now I do get the point of it, namely to stop people just relying on one food type for the entire game but without scaling it just ruins the early game.

Maybe give it a delay? say no issue first couple of nights but after that each subsequent night you have to eat one more food type. That way it does alter food late game but allows people to survive those first nights bit easier.

officially changing the formula to @Blargerist formula

SpiceOfLife.cfg

change your config file with this one. only needs to be done server side for server owners.

-shhfiftyfive

Jul 29, 2019
with the updated SoL config, i have no complaints about the SoL mod. being able to eat the same food 5 times in a row before losing nutritional value means that you should have no issues (and also solves the problem with people only eating a single food forever like previous patches).

now with this change we have ventured into dabbling into every food recipe there is to offer, instead of just making a dozen kinds of juices and making massive fruit farm and boring tree chopping sessions.

now we can make some really cool foods with better than morsel value, and that means we don't get bored of the modpack update. because before the config change to SoL, i was wondering if i was ever going to want to play this pack ever again... but that's in the past.

but man, progress has been slow (thanks for nerfing my micro blocks and adding so much stuff to the mob grief list... it takes ages to build a base now with full blocks).

and that ore gen. so rare. but i guess we got lucky. we found an anvil in a dungeon and melted it down. got some steel. then we found a couple chainmail fishnet zombie spawners too, so we should be set for steel. which means we can enchant and repair gear before entering the nether. i'm liking the increased chance to get absorb on enchants.

btw, i'm the awesome builder that plays in pocket's hardcore BNB twitch streams. :)

fun fact: i almost die at end of stream today... in the chicken farm. threw an egg at the wall and apparently the chickens didn't like that. 100 chickens raging at me... but they punted me back and knocked me out of the fenced area, so i win. maybe eyamaz can remove the knockback effect from these animals if he really wants to see that embarrassing death by chicken horde.

Reactions: squeek502

Kyo_sohma951

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if anyone knew how to add optifine to the modpack and have it actually work. I added optifine how i'm supposed to but the modpack wont recognize that optifine is in it.

whyrl

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if anyone knew how to add optifine to the modpack and have it actually work. I added optifine how i'm supposed to but the modpack wont recognize that optifine is in it.
Make sure you're using the 1.6.4_D1 version of optifine. You also may try upping the RAM allocation slightly.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
For optifine: personnally i haven't had any problem running it with BNB so far.

How to instal,l:
1) Download optifine 1.6.4 D1(i use Ultra).
2) Place it in your BNB mods folder.
3) Inside your mods folder you have a folder named 1.6.4. Open that folder.
4) Open the third file (WorldCore-universal-1.6.4-1.1.0.17) with WinRar or the compressing program of your choosing.
5) Finally, delete the meta-inf and your done.

Edited Step #4 (I apologize for the delay. But when the booty calls, i answer ;D)

Last edited:

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
Just saying, if you get a 32x32 crop field up in your skybase, and partition it into

- Lettuce
- Soybeans
- Carrots
- Wheat

Then you can make more then 7 different types of food with minimal effort and have enough for all eternity. (Possible food types that are easy and cheap to make : Carrot Juice, Stock, Bread, Toast, Baked Potato, Soy Milk, Hamburger.)

LegionOfPandas

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone, I am attempting to get this modpack working reliably on my server. However, once I start playing for whatever reason randomly I get disconnected with the error

"Internal exception: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed"

Now my hosting company tried to troubleshoot this with me and he seems to think it is either a routing issue or an issue with a mod within the pack. I also tried to run this server with Magicfarm 2 and I received the same error. Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: After moving my server to a new IP address this issue APPEARS to have been resolved. I was able to stay connected for 33 minutes all at once. Thats alot better than yesterday :)

Last edited:

Ravin

Jul 29, 2019
do you have a server log?
are you the only one getting disconnected or are others as well?
are you using forge or mcpc+ (recently changed to cauldron)?
what java version?

Phantasm23

Jul 29, 2019
Try getting some pumpkins and alot of obsidian... Make a "T" shape from the obsidian and pop the pumpkin on for the head... instant tough, damage resistant golem army to combat the invasion... maybe.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Question, is there a way to kinda make an impregnable underground base? Saw how invader zombies work but can they dig through compressed dirt/cobblestone?

Ghooostie

Jul 29, 2019
I imagine you'd have to surround it with walls of lava, since as far as I know, they can dig through most things, so killing them before they're able to should work.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
I imagine you'd have to surround it with walls of lava, since as far as I know, they can dig through most things, so killing them before they're able to should work.

Never thought of a lava lair. Thanks for an idea. *goes back to thinking lab before heading out to a hardcore gameplay*

PearlescentDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Which mod adds XP to tools? There's a handful of bugs/oddities I'd like to report, if they're not already solved in the latest version.