Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Note that it won't match the spreadsheet without the rounding fix. Here's a temporary test version with the rounding fix for you to try if you want to: SpiceOfLife-mc1.6.4-1.0.2-test.jar
Why thank you! In my opinion it would be better though, if there could be a config line to change the rounding type, rather than straight changing it from down to nearest integer in the mod files. Of course, it's entirely possible that I'm too obsessed with config options.

I just finished a round of testing on our current round down version using "MAX(0, 1 - MAX(0, (count-4)/5))".
Results:
Blueberry: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0
Apple Juice: 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1, 0
Strawberry Smoothie: 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2, 1, 1, 0
Apple Pie: 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 4, 2, 1, 0
Hamburger: 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 5, 4, 2, 1, 0
Bacon Mushroom Burger: 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 0
What do you think @Eyamaz? A nice plateau for all foods, with a sharp drop-off for low tier foods, and a more gradual drop-off for the higher tier. I'll go see about one for the round to nearest integer file now....

whyrl

Jul 29, 2019
Geez. Take forever to register. ><

Anyway...@Eyamaz your new mining levels seem slightly off. There are two tiers of copper (1 and 2), and the Desichalkosr (sic) tier is completely excluded (attempted to break a desi block with the desi pick and it just wouldn't happen). It looks like the issue is caused somewhere in the relevel section.

Additionally, the mob heads only work on copper picks (maybe a result of the above issue?)

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
Geez. Take forever to register. ><

Anyway...@Eyamaz your new mining levels seem slightly off. There are two tiers of copper (1 and 2), and the Desichalkosr (sic) tier is completely excluded (attempted to break a desi block with the desi pick and it just wouldn't happen). It looks like the issue is caused somewhere in the relevel section.

Additionally, the mob heads only work on copper picks (maybe a result of the above issue?)

I noticed the two tiers of copper thing and excluded one when updating the metals spreadsheet. I assumed it was intentional to avoid being able to boost a flint pickaxe to iron level. Currently when you boost a flint pickaxe it goes from copper 1 to copper 2.

You get the Desichalkosr level by boosting a desichalkosr pickaxe.

whyrl

Jul 29, 2019
You get the Desichalkosr level by boosting a desichalkosr pickaxe.
From the perspective of making you work for what you get, it's...eh...somewhat understandable, but not very logical. Every pick beyond flint EDIT:copper needs one boost to mine the very material it was made from, much less a second boost for the tier higher. That's going to get extremely annoying.

ScorpioOld

Jul 29, 2019
From the perspective of making you work for what you get, it's...eh...somewhat understandable, but not very logical. Every pick beyond flint EDIT:copper needs one boost to mine the very material it was made from, much less a second boost for the tier higher. That's going to get extremely annoying.

Annoying?! Think about losing your pick. You must keep at least one copy of your present pick just to start from the level you lost before boost. In the same time if you have bucket of lava and water you can jump from flint to diamond with no time. At least good spawn could teleport you from slow progressing to end game tools with no time, well this OP I guess.

-shhfiftyfive

Jul 29, 2019
eyamaz: any chance you could nerf the tofu presser recipe now?

since food is now focus for early game (mattock changes, etc) it seems really out of place to put red alloy in a recipe (which takes an induction smelter, and power)... just for tofu!

in comparison, all other foods can be cooked in vanilla furnace, and uses raw materials and simple baking tools. no power. no red alloy.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Annoying?! Think about losing your pick. You must keep at least one copy of your present pick just to start from the level you lost before boost. In the same time if you have bucket of lava and water you can jump from flint to diamond with no time. At least good spawn could teleport you from slow progressing to end game tools with no time, well this OP I guess.
Forgive me but how does jumping from flint to diamond in no time with a bucket of lava and water work....?

since food is now focus for early game (mattock changes, etc) it seems really out of place to put red alloy in a recipe (which takes an induction smelter, and power)... just for tofu!

in comparison, all other foods can be cooked in vanilla furnace, and uses raw materials and simple baking tools. no power. no red alloy.
Come on man, dat fake meat is complicated. :p

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019

I don't think it's that big of a deal. Picks boost so quickly and TiC tools are almost invincible. I'd reserve judgment till it's play tested.

ScorpioOld

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think it's that big of a deal. Picks boost so quickly and TiC tools are almost invincible. I'd reserve judgment till it's play tested.

How many times did you got reinforced and self-repair on cobalt or adamantium pick axe? Replacing with random staff instead of deterministic is some kind of cool if you have right stats, but annoying when you got wrong stats and you need to start all over again.

PS
In your series you died because of monsters so far, when you go down and experience a couple of explosion either in overworld or neither then we can continue discussion. Cooler tools require more time to boost. Also nobody of you have gone beyond anything than simple staff so far. Anesos is just about to build something after 40-80 hours of play, considering he had access to meteors, which he was happy to dig and right ores generation from the original BnB pack:)

PearlescentDragon

Jul 29, 2019

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought you could make red alloy in the Tinker's Construct Smeltery?

Reactions: Anesos

Smiley3986

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone found a way to deal with the blue gas that is protecting the invasion portals now? I really like the new spawn times and rate witch invaders come out I just hate hunting for them before they rip up to much.

sisho

Jul 29, 2019
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought you could make red alloy in the Tinker's Construct Smeltery?

You can[DOUBLEPOST=1401322023][/DOUBLEPOST]
How many times did you got reinforced and self-repair on cobalt or adamantium pick axe? Replacing with random staff instead of deterministic is some kind of cool if you have right stats, but annoying when you got wrong stats and you need to start all over again.

PS
In your series you died because of monsters so far, when you go down and experience a couple of explosion either in overworld or neither then we can continue discussion. Cooler tools require more time to boost. Also nobody of you have gone beyond anything than simple staff so far. Anesos is just about to build something after 40-80 hours of play, considering he had access to meteors, which he was happy to dig and right ores generation from the original BnB pack:)

Just so you know, It is incredibly difficult to make sense of your post, at least the first part. Btw...tinker's construct tools are invincible, the don't even despawn...so you don't lose them unless you just decide to go hop in some nether lava way away from land or just plain can't find it. Also, there is definitely no need to be acting all high and mighty like you are the master of the modpack, nobody needs that here or wants to listen to it. Just because we haven't done anything fancy on camera does not mean we haven't played the hell out of the modpack on our own lol.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
In your series you died because of monsters so far, when you go down and experience a couple of explosion either in overworld or neither then we can continue discussion.
Hmmm from what you just said I somehow doubt you've watched my series...

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Why thank you! In my opinion it would be better though, if there could be a config line to change the rounding type, rather than straight changing it from down to nearest integer in the mod files. Of course, it's entirely possible that I'm too obsessed with config options.

I just finished a round of testing on our current round down version using "MAX(0, 1 - MAX(0, (count-4)/5))".
Results:
Blueberry: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0
Apple Juice: 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1, 0
Strawberry Smoothie: 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2, 1, 1, 0
Apple Pie: 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 4, 2, 1, 0
Hamburger: 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 5, 4, 2, 1, 0
Bacon Mushroom Burger: 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 0
What do you think @Eyamaz? A nice plateau for all foods, with a sharp drop-off for low tier foods, and a more gradual drop-off for the higher tier. I'll go see about one for the round to nearest integer file now....

This, would be the ideal I would be looking for.

Edit: um. I'll look into the double copper tiers. That should not be a thing.

whyrl

Jul 29, 2019
Just curious, what have you got against blood, @Eyamaz ? I noticed all the alloys that use blood are stone tier. I figured they'd at least have the power of their base metal.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
@Anesos, @Batch2, @sisho My god, them server-client boat disparity issues in episode 6 of your multiplayer. Happens all the time on all the 1.6.4 servers Forsaken runs as well, although not quite that badly. :p

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
@Anesos, @Batch2, @sisho My god, them server-client boat disparity issues in episode 6 of your multiplayer. Happens all the time on all the 1.6.4 servers Forsaken runs as well, although not quite that badly. :p

Haha Me and Anesos experience a bit of that on your server a couple days ago. There were abandoned boats everywhere! We tried to find some peoples bases to have a looks but I guess everyone is hiding deep underground to avoid the PvP?