Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
Hi I apologize if this has been answered but I couldn't find one so I decided to ask, in the description of this pack it has some reccomended java arguments. I was just curious as to what those arguments do for the pack/game. I've been searching and reading but I can't really find what they do so i figured the best people to ask are the one's telling me to use them

They're java VM and java VM Hotspot options. It's near to impossible to find a single page listing and describing them all. You'll likely have to search for descriptions of what they do individually.

Many of them are listed here:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/tech/vmoptions-jsp-140102.html
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/tools/windows/java.html

However since Oracle for whatever reason does not feel the need to update it's documentation when it introduce new options some will be missing (e.g TieredCompilation...).

If you don't have a decent understanding of the java Virtual Machine they likely won't mean much to you. They tweak the innerworkings of the VM for performance reasons.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Conveyor belts. Cheap as hell to make and yet they seem to have a huge impact on the game.

Currently, I have players setting up hundreds of them to move mobs to smelters for blood, to move mobs in mob farms to their altars, etc. Haven't seen anyone use them for anything other than moving mobs though. When I mentioned that Diamond Dollies to move spawners might go away, a few people just concurred that they would lay out a thousand conveyor belts in the top of a dungeon to move mobs from spawners to where they needed them.

The results are interesting. They have dynamic tanks full of millions of LE for bloodmagic and chests and barrels of edible blood from Tinkers Construct. Whenever someone new gets on and talks about 'what's the best food?', or "whats the best thing to work on?' the answers are Eat Blood, do Blood Magic.

Stepping away from the balance of Blood and Blood Magic, and just considering conveyor belts and how they are used, wouldn't it fit to make them cost a bit more? Current recipe is 3 rubber, 1 iron, 2 redstone for 16 conveyor belts. My first thought was to change iron to steel to bring it inline with the other machines, and to drop the recipe producing 16 to making 1. Automating your food and LE production becomes more work for what you get, and may make people consider other things.

I know most gamers go for the easiest way to do everything, but it bothers me when it reduces a game with huge possibilities to an equation with only a few optimal solutions. Making something less optimal makes other solutions seem more viable.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
So I got a zombie spawner as a mob drop when farming zombies in a rogue like dungeon yesterday... Is this an intended feature?

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
So I got a zombie spawner as a mob drop when farming zombies in a rogue like dungeon yesterday... Is this an intended feature?
This would be SpecialAi mob gear dropping, like the speed boots, dispensers, etc. I mentioned this 3 weeks ago without a response.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
This would be SpecialAi mob gear dropping, like the speed boots, dispensers, etc. I mentioned this 3 weeks ago without a response.

Well either way it seems like such a rare drop that I'm not altogether concerned about it affecting balance... Just good to know it's not a bug.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Well either way it seems like such a rare drop that I'm not altogether concerned about it affecting balance... Just good to know it's not a bug.
Assuming diamond dollies are removed, it effectively is a nether star drop. Not really the sort of thing I can ever think is balanced from zombies. It would regardless be nice to know if it's a bug or if Eyamaz wants them dropping, though....

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
Thing is though, moving a mob spawner to your base is a mixed bag with the vastly improved mob ai.

(Also, if trapdoors are added to mob grief list, we are in for a rough ride next time)

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Thing is though, moving a mob spawner to your base is a mixed bag with the vastly improved mob ai.

(Also, if trapdoors are added to mob grief list, we are in for a rough ride next time)

Naw, not an issue at all, based on observation that every player does it and figures out how to handle it. We have multiple people who set up spawners to power bloodmagic using sacrafice. It's pretty easy. A bit tougher is handling something like cursed earth, since now you have the occaisonal creeper blowing a few things up if he isn't killed fast.

I wanted to do Bloodmagic without any suicide. Was slow going with regen potions, but doable. 1000 times faster with mobspawners moved so they dropped on top of my altar to get whacked in their knees and killed. Also a VERY effective way to get exp since it takes 1 hit to kill. You collect mob drops, exp and the LE for your altar all at once. Some setups are better than others, or more succeptible to tossing a creeper in the mix.

I've killed thousands upon thousands of zombies now, got one spawner as loot. So not really something someone can plan for, but a nice bonus.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
That's the way I see it. Making a mob farm is a trivial task only requiring a dark room and (water/pistons/conveyor belts). The real advantage to getting a zombie/skelly spawner is the lack of creepers.

Icegod101

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone help me?
Whenever I take out a mod or put in a certain mod launcher doesn't launch the game fully but most of the time it just crashes when I go into a world. I know this is a commonly asked question but please help.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone help me?
Whenever I take out a mod or put in a certain mod launcher doesn't launch the game fully but most of the time it just crashes when I go into a world. I know this is a commonly asked question but please help.

This pack does not support adding or removing mods.

Icegod101

Jul 29, 2019
This pack does not support adding or removing mods.
Even if i have all my mods enabled it still crashes whenever I start a world it immedietly goes to shutting down internal server and it shows up with the typical error of Minecraft has Crashed! with the option of return or quit game

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure you have enough memeory allocated to run the pack. Never hurts to either do a forced update or reload the pack.

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
Naw, not an issue at all, based on observation that every player does it and figures out how to handle it. We have multiple people who set up spawners to power bloodmagic using sacrafice. It's pretty easy. A bit tougher is handling something like cursed earth, since now you have the occaisonal creeper blowing a few things up if he isn't killed fast.

I wanted to do Bloodmagic without any suicide. Was slow going with regen potions, but doable. 1000 times faster with mobspawners moved so they dropped on top of my altar to get whacked in their knees and killed. Also a VERY effective way to get exp since it takes 1 hit to kill. You collect mob drops, exp and the LE for your altar all at once. Some setups are better than others, or more succeptible to tossing a creeper in the mix.

I've killed thousands upon thousands of zombies now, got one spawner as loot. So not really something someone can plan for, but a nice bonus.
On your server all the advanced people are exploiting how the oregen around spawn is messed up though and thus bypass large amounts of the content of the game.
So for judging progression thats invalid.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
On your server all the advanced people are exploiting how the oregen around spawn is messed up though and thus bypass large amounts of the content of the game.

Your statement makes no sense whatsoever. I quoted and replied to this post of yours Thing is though, moving a mob spawner to your base is a mixed bag with the vastly improved mob ai.

Moving a mob spawner to your base isn't difficult. You do a setup so that mobs spawn and fall into an area where you can hit them without being hit. This is basic vanilla minecraft. The new AI doesn't matter since mobs spawn, walk a bit, fall, and you kill them. I'm trying to figure out how the new AI is causing you problems unless you have made a mobspawner without a way to turn it off maybe? That takes a trip to the nether for redstone and glowstone to make lights, a wire and a switch.

There is absolutely no need for bloodmagic to do this, so not seeing how you can say my judgement is invalid.

As to "exploiting oregen". Yes, our world was made before 1.07, some players got fantasy ores in the overworld. Sames as on the other 3 servers I've played on that run bnb. We are all waiting for 1.08 to reset worlds. At the time, we bypassed nothing. Currently we missed out on mining the cobble for the portal to the deep dark....except two of us had already done that :) Hardly missing content.
It didn't seem fair to players at the time to reset a world when we knew we were resetting when 1.08 hit anyway.

I've re-read your post a couple of times, and can't really see how my statement is invalid in any way based on bloodmagic. I made my mob spawner for bloodmagic, and before i had the altar done. The mobspawner used a diamond dolly, lots of sandstone for the building, lights, wire, a lever, and some obsidian. Last I checked, that's all possible without BM.

Moot point. I have a suspician diamond dollies are gone soon. A change I heartily endorse. If i do BM again, i'll find a way to do it slower, without suicide spam, in some different fashion than i did this map. Or maybe i'll finally learn witchery.[DOUBLEPOST=1400804225][/DOUBLEPOST]
How do I get more memory for minecraft with a 32 bit system than 1.5 gb
I think its my memory used

You can't get more memory, but you can allocate more ram than by default. Bring up the FTB launcher, and click on 'OPTIONS' on the top. It's the second tab from the left. You'll see a slider for Ram. Increase that to give the game more of your ram to run on.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019

HA! Including you! Your town has a bloodmagic altar and a lot of witchery stuff started. So much for accusing other people of 'exploiting' :) Doesn't matter, i just find it funny, and won't matter in a small bit of time anyway. We all start over and do the new progession.

Icegod101

Jul 29, 2019
"You can't get more memory, but you can allocate more ram than by default. Bring up the FTB launcher, and click on 'OPTIONS' on the top. It's the second tab from the left. You'll see a slider for Ram. Increase that to give the game more of your ram to run on."

I already tried that and its up to 1.5 gb max since i have a 32 bit system
And it still doesn't let me load the world

Last edited: