Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
"You can't get more memory, but you can allocate more ram than by default. Bring up the FTB launcher, and click on 'OPTIONS' on the top. It's the second tab from the left. You'll see a slider for Ram. Increase that to give the game more of your ram to run on."

I already tried that and its up to 1.5 gb max since i have a 32 bit system
And it still doesn't let me load the world
crashlog?

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
HA! Including you! Your town has a bloodmagic altar and a lot of witchery stuff started. So much for accusing other people of 'exploiting' :) Doesn't matter, i just find it funny, and won't matter in a small bit of time anyway. We all start over and do the new progession.
Its not an accusation :3, just a clarification that progress made on your server doesnt really inflect the intended balance of the pack.

also, we traded a villager for the OreBlocks.

Anyways, a reset is prolly required to make it an even playing ground again.

Duffie563

Jul 29, 2019
Still looking to speak with any server admins running Blood n Bones with MCPC+. Would like to get some instructions on how the server is setup...thanks

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Its not an accusation :3, just a clarification that progress made on your server doesnt really inflect the intended balance of the pack.

also, we traded a villager for the OreBlocks.

Anyways, a reset is prolly required to make it an even playing ground again.

It's an even playing ground now. Anyone can mine in the 1000 or so blocks around spawn for those ores. You have 7 people in your town pooling resources. Pretty sure someone could have gone and mined a few hours to get the needed ores. Some of us have put in hundreds of hours on that server, over a couple of month period, which is why we are ahead of other players who joined long after. There will never be a way to even that out, and really it doesn't matter, you can all progress at your own rate.

And to clarify your clarification: No server up that I've seen currently reflects the intended progression, and after 1.10 comes out, most will be resetting their maps. At the time they were made, they certainly reflected the progression.

dlukz

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Mik, on the reset that is happening, do you happen to know if BoP is going to be enabled? I think it would be nice to have tons of different biomes around. Not sure what it breaks in the mod pack tho(if anything). I am planning on coming back, once the server is reset. Kinda pointless to try any progression now.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
If bop works, I want it in. It was causing problems before with worldgen and lag. I'm hoping we don't have that, as I really love the look of BoP.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
If bop works, I want it in. It was causing problems before with worldgen and lag. I'm hoping we don't have that, as I really love the look of BoP.
Well, I can't help but notice that BoP is enabled on the dev build of BnB that the ABSi show is using. :p

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Cool, i like BoP. Just such a huge visual upgrade. BnB is a challenging pack, but it's still minecraft and i still want to build cool things in nice places.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I can't help but notice that BoP is enabled on the dev build of BnB that the ABSi show is using. :p

Yep! We haven't notice any issue except reduced rubber tree spawns in certain BoP bimoes you'd expect many in. Keep in mind we are using a pruned biomes list to ensure vanilla biomes have a chance of spawning and to eliminate redundant or overpowered ones. If there is interest we will likely post this list when 1.1.0 releases. I feel like it leads to really cool spawns!

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds good. I like a pruned list. And a lack of rubber trees is fine. Just one more resource you have to look around for.

Ravin

Jul 29, 2019
anybody that does this is cheating themselves off how this pack was intended to be played

the thing you may need to keep in mind about brightness and how things are ment to be played, not everyone is going to have newer bright displays and not everyone is going to be free of vision problems that makes lower light hard to see much of anything, or a system that is not capable of doing all the lighting calculations required for having dynamic lighting running in a pack that has so many random sources that can show up. i would not consider this cheating oneself in any way and simply a cosmetic difference that the player should be free to make, or forced to due to the restrictions i said above.

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
the thing you may need to keep in mind about brightness and how things are ment to be played, not everyone is going to have newer bright displays and not everyone is going to be free of vision problems that makes lower light hard to see much of anything, or a system that is not capable of doing all the lighting calculations required for having dynamic lighting running in a pack that has so many random sources that can show up. i would not consider this cheating oneself in any way and simply a cosmetic difference that the player should be free to make, or forced to due to the restrictions i said above.

Exactly, there is a plethora of reasons why someone can't play with lightning turned down that much, such as:

1. Low Gamma Monitor with no innate Gamma scale
2. Playing in a lit up room
3. Vision problems
4. PC Unable to handle Dynamic Lightning (when I use dyn lightning, my fps drops from solid 120 down to about 40.)

Ravin

Jul 29, 2019
plus you just have to look at the "advantages" of dynamic lighting that actually take away from the pack, like being able to simply toss a torch down a shaft to see its depth, the ability to spot netherore containing meteor from a larger distance due to the lighting difference of netherrak and the fire it tends to create when it lands, plus the ability to simply drop a torch behind you in a mining shaft to not worry about gas explosions and simply pick them back up on the way up.