Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ScorpioOld

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, that is the default from HEE. I'll be changing that.

Why would not keep original crafting for Blood Magic? In frame of pack it is already very complicated to start with. Otherwise to play for 40+ hours with Pam's harvest and Tinkers crafting only is very tedious and boring.

Another suggestion is to keep original crafting for chunk loader.

Finally, is it possible to add Somnia mod? At least in very begging it would help to avoid long waiting periods when night and rain, especially when no materials are available yet to progress. Because now streamers are simply losing they auditory when standing and doing nothing.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Why would not keep original crafting for Blood Magic? In frame of pack it is already very complicated to start with. Otherwise to play for 40+ hours with Pam's harvest and Tinkers crafting only is very tedious and boring.
It's supposed to take a lot of effort to get something that powerful, that's why. Currently once you get to blood magic, you actually feel accomplished. Do you get that from just some stone, gold, and a diamond?

On a related note, I do think that most things in Blood Magic have their recipes too cheap, especially the blood cost for spells.

ScorpioOld

Jul 29, 2019
It's supposed to take a lot of effort to get something that powerful, that's why. Currently once you get to blood magic, you actually feel accomplished. Do you get that from just some stone, gold, and a diamond?

On a related note, I do think that most things in Blood Magic have their recipes too cheap, especially the blood cost for spells.

I am not sure you really played with Blood magic.

What do you do then when you enter Nether? Hours and hours very risky mining this is all. You have nothing to battle with the world. You have no means to automate anything. You have nothing to do rather than "cook" food which you already doing for the previous many hours. If the goal is to collect many thousands stacks of cobble stones to make portal to Deep Dark.

The point is that somehow ME and TE are appointed as being the END goal of the game. In the same time I would say MFFS would better suit for such goal, when you finally can protect your base completely. Right now all game is around finding flows in Minecraft logic or monster AI.

It is really fun to have challenge with monsters and trying to survive, but when you play exactly the same for long time with the same armor and the same tools. I do not know.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
What do you do then when you enter Nether? Hours and hours very risky mining this is all. You have nothing to battle with the world. You have no means to automate anything. You have nothing to do rather than "cook" food which you already doing for the previous many hours. If the goal is to collect many thousands stacks of cobble stones to make portal to Deep Dark.
The same thing you do at any point in minecraft. You collect resources, fight monsters and build things. Blood armor isn't required. Have you tried to get the cobble to make the deep dark portal? It's really not that big of a deal. An igneous extruder or two in a few barrles will do it rather quick.
The point is that somehow ME and TE are appointed as being the END goal of the game. In the same time I would say MFFS would better suit for such goal, when you finally can protect your base completely. Right now all game is around finding flows in Minecraft logic or monster AI.
TE is by no means END game. Most TE machines can be setup after a quick mining trip to the nether for steel and redstone. Then a few more after mining longer in the nether find rares resources. If you need an earlier sorting system the mod uses redpower-transport pipes and sorting mechanisms. These can do just about everything you can with AE (and more) but require a more thought out setup.
It is really fun to have challenge with monsters and trying to survive, but when you play exactly the same for long time with the same armor and the same tools. I do not know.

Then stop playing exactly the same. The mod features an extremely tiered progression. If you're playing exactly the same all the time you're likely doing something wrong. There are multiple tool and armor upgrades you should be making each tier and a whole lot of things to build. Personally the only things I've every found to prevent my progression are certain ores that are nearly impossible to find, but that's all being fixed in the next version so it's not an issue.

It sounds to me like you're stuck in a rut of always playing the same way and are frustrated that your current playstyle does not apply to this mod. That's intended. The mod is designed to provide a challenging alternative playstyle.

ScorpioOld

Jul 29, 2019
That's intended. The mod is designed to provide a challenging alternative playstyle.

I understand, but challenging does not mean tedious. Most of things are tedious, even if it is being fixed. I would rather move bunch of mods related to monsters and their AI to Monster pack :) by preserving fun and removing tedious. I appropriated Blood N Bones very much, at least I know what I missed in Monster.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
No challenge does not mean tedious, but keep in mind tedious is a personal opinion and you're the only person that's come remotely close to using that word...

Tedious basically comes down to:
"I don't enjoy this way of doing things so having to do it continuously bores/annoys me"
However, you're using the word like it's an attribute of the pack and not a private opinion of yours.

I personally find monster unbelievably tedious.

Last edited:

potop999

Jul 29, 2019
I understand, but challenging does not mean tedious. Most of things are tedious, even if it is being fixed. I would rather move bunch of mods related to monsters and their AI to Monster pack :) by preserving fun and removing tedious. I appropriated Blood N Bones very much, at least I know what I missed in Monster.

You should feel my heart beat raising at certain times playing this pack. Not tedious at all, i assure you. And I've been playing for 2 weeks now and still get the same rush :).
You just got to progress through the game. Automation is your solution.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019

Another suggestion is to keep original crafting for chunk loader.

Finally, is it possible to add Somnia mod? At least in very begging it would help to avoid long waiting periods when night and rain, especially when no materials are available yet to progress. Because now streamers are simply losing they auditory when standing and doing nothing.

This is supposed to be a hard modpack. Blood Magic is stupidly overpowered and defeats the point of playing the modpack if you leave it as it is in other packs. It still has amazing things in it that give you a quantum leap in power when you get the materials for it. If you wanted to play a normal modpack with easy bloodmagic, chunkloaders, and nothing inconvenient like rain or darkness, there are tons of modpacks available.

BNB has it's own unique niche. Why play hardmodpack, but want to change it to make it no hard?[DOUBLEPOST=1400687770][/DOUBLEPOST]

Sounds like you have a problem: You bore easily. :) That's not a problem with the modpack, it's just your taste in games. BNB takes longer to play. Many of us see this as a good thing, adding to our enjoyment. If Monster is more to your taste, play Monster.

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
There is a very profound progression in this, and if you find yourself doing the same thing over, you might be not playing right.

On bloodmagic : its fucking op as hell, ofc it needs a high barrier of entry

larae1929

Jul 29, 2019
personally im having a difficult time gaining progress in this pack. in my last world I finally made it to the nether for the first time and was so excited to start collecting nether ores and trying to figure out how to start making machines. then they dropped an invasion portal literally on top of my house... it was cataclysmic honestly but god this modpack is the most fun I have ever had with minecraft. if u don't like it stick to monster cuz eyamaz is completely evil but seriously builds incredible packs. keep up the fantastic work and cant wait to see what u and jadedcat come out with for 1.7. btw monster is tedious- there is no challenge or excitement. my husband laughs his ass off watching me play BnB when im trying desparately not to get killed....again...

WebMaka

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think BnB 1.0.7 likes Multicraft... I've tried it with both the stock server and the latest 1.6.4 build of MCPC+ and in both cases it blows up during startup, and in the same place. The log:

2014-05-21 14:27:07 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] Forge Mod Loader version 6.4.49.965 for Minecraft 1.6.4 loading
2014-05-21 14:27:07 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] Java is Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM, version 1.7.0_45, running on Linux:amd64:3.11.0-20-generic, installed at /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-oracle/jre
2014-05-21 14:27:07 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Java classpath at launch is /home/minecraft/multicraft/servers/server3/ftbserver_bnb.jar
2014-05-21 14:27:07 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Java library path at launch is /usr/java/packages/lib/amd64:/usr/lib64:/lib64:/lib:/usr/lib
2014-05-21 14:27:07 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Enabling runtime deobfuscation
2014-05-21 14:27:07 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Instantiating coremod class FMLCorePlugin
2014-05-21 14:27:07 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Enqueued coremod FMLCorePlugin
2014-05-21 14:27:07 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Instantiating coremod class FMLForgePlugin
2014-05-21 14:27:07 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Enqueued coremod FMLForgePlugin
2014-05-21 14:27:07 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] All fundamental core mods are successfully located
2014-05-21 14:27:07 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Discovering coremods
2014-05-21 14:27:07 [INFO] [STDERR] java.lang.NullPointerException
2014-05-21 14:27:07 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.util.ComparableTimSort.sort(ComparableTimSort.java:146)
2014-05-21 14:27:07 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.util.Arrays.sort(Arrays.java:472)
2014-05-21 14:27:07 [INFO] [STDERR] at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.discoverCoreMods(CoreModManager.java:235)
2014-05-21 14:27:07 [INFO] [STDERR] at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.handleLaunch(CoreModManager.java:212)
2014-05-21 14:27:07 [INFO] [STDERR] at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupHome(FMLLaunchHandler.java:90)
2014-05-21 14:27:07 [INFO] [STDERR] at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupServer(FMLLaunchHandler.java:74)
2014-05-21 14:27:07 [INFO] [STDERR] at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.configureForServerLaunch(FMLLaunchHandler.java:39)
2014-05-21 14:27:07 [INFO] [STDERR] at cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLServerTweaker.injectIntoClassLoader(FMLServerTweaker.java:20)
2014-05-21 14:27:07 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:111)
2014-05-21 14:27:07 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)
2014-05-21 14:27:07 [INFO] [STDERR] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
2014-05-21 14:27:07 [INFO] [STDERR] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
2014-05-21 14:27:07 [INFO] [STDERR] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
2014-05-21 14:27:07 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
2014-05-21 14:27:07 [INFO] [STDERR] at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:48)
2014-05-21 14:27:07 [INFO] [STDERR] at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:17)
2014-05-21 14:27:07 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] An error occurred trying to configure the minecraft home at /home/minecraft/multicraft/servers/server3/. for Forge Mod Loader
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.util.ComparableTimSort.sort(ComparableTimSort.java:146)
at java.util.Arrays.sort(Arrays.java:472)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.discoverCoreMods(CoreModManager.java:235)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.handleLaunch(CoreModManager.java:212)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupHome(FMLLaunchHandler.java:90)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupServer(FMLLaunchHandler.java:74)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.configureForServerLaunch(FMLLaunchHandler.java:39)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLServerTweaker.injectIntoClassLoader(FMLServerTweaker.java:20)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:111)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:48)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:17)
2014-05-21 14:27:07 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] Unable to launch
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.util.ComparableTimSort.sort(ComparableTimSort.java:146)
at java.util.Arrays.sort(Arrays.java:472)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.discoverCoreMods(CoreModManager.java:235)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.handleLaunch(CoreModManager.java:212)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupHome(FMLLaunchHandler.java:90)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupServer(FMLLaunchHandler.java:74)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.configureForServerLaunch(FMLLaunchHandler.java:39)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLServerTweaker.injectIntoClassLoader(FMLServerTweaker.java:20)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:111)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:48)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:17)

Environment:
Ubuntu 13.10, Java7 x64 1.7.0_45, Multicraft 1.8.2-64 for management, 4GB allocated for the server instance.

Command-line:
-d64 -server -Xmx4096M -Xms4096M -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CICompilerCountPerCPU -XX:+TieredCompilation -jar (jarfile) nogui

Running the exact same command line from a shell script works fine - it starts up like it's supposed to and I can log right in on one of the other machines on the network. I think it's expecting files in places other than where Multicraft stores things...

Zeebo30

Jul 29, 2019
Hi I apologize if this has been answered but I couldn't find one so I decided to ask, in the description of this pack it has some reccomended java arguments. I was just curious as to what those arguments do for the pack/game. I've been searching and reading but I can't really find what they do so i figured the best people to ask are the one's telling me to use them