Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed it isn't. Even on Forsaken where we removed ores from the ceiling and increased mob danger on the surface significantly, underground it feels.... Almost entirely safe. Which since you're there to basically do nothing but mine.... If only we had evil worms to burrow through the ground.

EDIT: Fixed my fails.

Yes, last I remember mobs were supposed to spawn regardless of light level in the DD. This may no longer be the case it seems.

kamyu2

Jul 29, 2019
Mobs spawning at any light level doesn't even matter when you are down digging a mineshaft. You can just slab the floors of your tunnels. It's not like you will ever run out of cobble to make more slabs.
The place needs silverfish at the very least.

Reactions: Eyamaz

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, last I remember mobs were supposed to spawn regardless of light level in the DD. This may no longer be the case it seems.
Perhaps it might be possible to use SpecialAi to allow mobs to break through blocks to get to you as well? Would get around the slabs problem @kamyu2 points out. I definitely agree with kamyu2 about silverfish though, needs lots of them. Deadly Worlds unfortunately lacks a config line for adding extra dimensions from what I can see. :(

HalfThere

Jul 29, 2019
Alright. I give up, I'm lost. There's something I don't know that's made me stuck.

To get iron, I need a copper pickaxe.
To get a copper pickaxe, I need a smeltery.
To smelt the copper in the smeltery, I need lava.
To get lava to the smeltery, I need a bucket.
To get a bucket, I need iron.

What am I missing?

Dezil_nz

Jul 29, 2019
Alright. I give up, I'm lost. There's something I don't know that's made me stuck.

What am I missing?
Your missing the clay bucket

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019

What am I missing?
NEI bucket: See strange orange bucket, see it's a clay bucket.

HalfThere

Jul 29, 2019
The clay bucket can pick up lava? There wasn't an ID for clay bucket with lava in NEI, so I assumed it couldn't

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Food spoils? no, have never seen that.

One thought, is to increase the stackability of the better foods. Right now, there is little incentive to do the work to make bacon cheeseburgers, pizza, etc. They take a lot of different ingredients and then don't stack. Juice, stock, and other simple foods are a lot more useable. Especially things using animal meats are tougher to get.[DOUBLEPOST=1399780084][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'll be setting a server up for my patreon pledges once I am ready to push the 1.0.8 update.

Awesome, looking forward to it.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019

One thought, is to increase the stackability of the better foods. Right now, there is little incentive to do the work to make bacon cheeseburgers, pizza, etc. They take a lot of different ingredients and then don't stack. Juice, stock, and other simple foods are a lot more useable. Especially things using animal meats are tougher to get.[DOUBLEPOST=1399780084][/DOUBLEPOST]

Awesome, looking forward to it.

Oh, food spoiling is in the dev builds only atm.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019

They may not stack well, but their high hunger and saturation values make up for it.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Question for anyone that has done the Bound armor in Blood magic: How is it working in BNB, and is that different from normal? First time I've played with it. A full set seems to have 5 absorbton, repairs itself at the cost of 500 LE from your pool. But you still take damage like normal armor. After that 5 hits is gone, you die quick. It can't be enchanted, but can have stuff added to it with an anvil.

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
Tried to build a walled area.. creepers walked up to the walls and blew them up to get at the torches. Grrrrr... are walled areas not going to work? how do you deal with the creepers?

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Tried to build a walled area.. creepers walked up to the walls and blew them up to get at the torches. Grrrrr... are walled areas not going to work? how do you deal with the creepers?
If you didn't have the torches close enough to where the creepers could get, they wouldn't explode trying to break them.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019

Creepers get frustrated when trying to get to you. Normally,they won't explode, and just hang around wishing you would get close. With the new AI in BnB, if they can't get to you, they may explode when they get as close as they can. So nope, 1 thick wall won't cut it anymore. Zombies will tear through it as well. Before the new AI, when we had Hostile Worlds on the server, i built my base up off the ground about 5 blocks, with stairs and long walkways broken by trap doors. Then the new AI gets put in, and creepers under my base got as close as they could and went BOOM!, and I lost my flooring a dozen times until they had hollowed out more space, and I dug out what i could during the daylight hours. I still hear them going off in the night at times....

VSilence

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! As requested: I was talking in a stream about some of the creeper issues and the subject of random explosions came up. Specifically I have a couple of instances within several of my seeds that there are random explosions at the very beginning, sounding like exploding creepers. These usually occur within the first 30-60 seconds of game play. Not only do they happen repeatedly on the same seed creations, as I tested, but they also happen at the exact same time and in the exact same place. The one instance that I was able to watch it appeared that the blocks were blowing up as though a creeper had ignited and blown up, but there was no visual animation of entities thrown on the ground. The blocks just...well...disappeared.

In all of these instances there has not been a visible creeper, nor a reason for it to be exploding.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! As requested: I was talking in a stream about some of the creeper issues and the subject of random explosions came up. Specifically I have a couple of instances within several of my seeds that there are random explosions at the very beginning, sounding like exploding creepers. These usually occur within the first 30-60 seconds of game play. Not only do they happen repeatedly on the same seed creations, as I tested, but they also happen at the exact same time and in the exact same place. The one instance that I was able to watch it appeared that the blocks were blowing up as though a creeper had ignited and blown up, but there was no visual animation of entities thrown on the ground. The blocks just...well...disappeared.

In all of these instances there has not been a visible creeper, nor a reason for it to be exploding.
When you start a new world Red Gas can flow and touch Lava or vice versa and you'll get a bunch of random explosions deep down in the world. You'll hear them, but this isn't likely something you'd be able to see at all.