Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Layballs

Jul 29, 2019
it does however, not seem to do anything to mobs(the test one i got that is)

That's because TiCon has Vanilla Tool Effectiveness removed. With the Cobalt sword having the same ID it counts as a diamond sword, thus a vanilla tool, and no damage.

kamyu2

Jul 29, 2019
You don't want to use the cobalt sword anyway. The ritual doesn't accept damaged swords.

A sludge moat might work better than sewage. It causes wither and wither kills anything. Or perhaps half and half.

kebunny

Jul 29, 2019
Um...... How in the world do you download this Mod pack? Do you have to do it by each individual mod or is there a link to actually download the whole thing?

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
Well, looks like this world is now unplayable. Guess I'll have to start a new one.

8FQRP.jpg

kamyu2

Jul 29, 2019
Trapped in the invader world? Couldn't you 'escape' if you just die? Would lose your stuff, but hardly the end of the world.

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
Trapped in the invader world? Couldn't you 'escape' if you just die? Would lose your stuff, but hardly the end of the world.

I had gone in to see how tough the boss was. I took stuff I was fine with losing, and proceeded to lose it. And then died another 20 times as the spawn point is now set for the invader world. I managed to run far enough that when he caught up with me and killed me, he was too far away to aggro when I respawned. Problem is, he wrecked the portal back, and I don't have cheats enabled.

EDIT: Was able to get out. Turned on cheat mode in NEI and spawned in an invader portal. Now I know not to go in there for a long time.

Last edited:

Teddy Bear

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know of a server that didnt change any recipes or disable anything?
im looking for a server that is running the pack the way Eyamaz made it.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know of a server that didnt change any recipes or disable anything?
im looking for a server that is running the pack the way Eyamaz made it.

I'll be setting a server up for my patreon pledges once I am ready to push the 1.0.8 update.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
You don't want to use the cobalt sword anyway. The ritual doesn't accept damaged swords.

A sludge moat might work better than sewage. It causes wither and wither kills anything. Or perhaps half and half.
yeah, I had it reversed. guess sewage sounded better in my head. I'm using a composter to turn all the sewage into fertilzer. Had no use for the sludge boiler so thought to use the sludge, which I did. Had lots of pools around the vicinity to grab from and yeah, it kills them fast. But then I found that you can put 5 punji's in a block and realize the error in my ways, tho it's much better to hear them suffer.

btw, about throwing/grabbing? Not just vanilla mobs. I was carried by a kraken(?) I think. scared the crap outta me. threw me at a tarantula (green spider). It's getting to the point where I'm going to have to start checking for my wallet more often to see it didn't get lifted cause these guys are grabby. also, it's really wierd to hear that click sound and have a creeper start shooting a bunch of arrows at you, or another non vanilla mob do it. some things don't fit too well. and also, I swear a zombie creepered me. just me and a zombie as far as I can tell, then screen went bright and boom, no more zombie. wonder if that's a mob talent they can have? If so, jihaadist zombies? Is the creeper the official mascot of the hezbolah?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
This 1.0.8 sounds like it will be more like a 1.1.0 thing. (imo, im probably totally wrong)

Really, I've been contemplating that. Once I get the mob stuff tested it will be a big change.

Mobs wielding tinker tools.
Mobs with metallurgy armor.
Stronger the deeper you go.
Stronger the longer you play.
Stronger in other dimensions.
Rare mobs with special drops and, of course, higher stats.

Oregen is completely rewritten in a different vein.

Crops should grow faster.
I don't think food spoiling is actually working, I never have anything for long enough to tell.

Moving witchery to start earlier.

Reworking all chest loot.

Yeah...

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Really, I've been contemplating that. Once I get the mob stuff tested it will be a big change.

Mobs wielding tinker tools.
Mobs with metallurgy armor.
Stronger the deeper you go.
Stronger the longer you play.
Stronger in other dimensions.
Rare mobs with special drops and, of course, higher stats.

Oregen is completely rewritten in a different vein.

Crops should grow faster.
I don't think food spoiling is actually working, I never have anything for long enough to tell.

Moving witchery to start earlier.

Reworking all chest loot.

Yeah...
it sounds more like a 1.1.0, definitely.
also, what mod adds the block breaking mobs?

Last edited:

Xill

Jul 29, 2019

i do need a way to get teh blood shards tho.

also eyamez. a little suggestion.
atm im mining in the DD pretty safely since i've never left teh ceiling. all the ores are tehre, no void fog, no mobs just me a bunch of stone and a whole bunch of ores.
i've also been able to make infinate water with snowballs from a glacial machine thingie which costs about (gonna make a bit of an estimate) 2k RF which isnt a whole lot having a small big reactor(which pretty much trumps all the other ways of getting energy early on imo)

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
i do need a way to get teh blood shards tho.

also eyamez. a little suggestion.
atm im mining in the DD pretty safely since i've never left teh ceiling. all the ores are tehre, no void fog, no mobs just me a bunch of stone and a whole bunch of ores.
i've also been able to make infinate water with snowballs from a glacial machine thingie which costs about (gonna make a bit of an estimate) 2k RF which isnt a whole lot having a small big reactor(which pretty much trumps all the other ways of getting energy early on imo)

Yeah. DD is not working as intended. :/
Going to have to adjust some things there.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. DD is not working as intended. :/
Going to have to adjust some things there.
Indeed it isn't. Even on Forsaken where we removed ores from the ceiling and increased mob danger on the surface significantly, underground it feels.... Almost entirely safe. Which since you're there to basically do nothing but mine.... If only we had evil worms to burrow through the ground.

EDIT: Fixed my fails.