Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Right on the announcement page. http://www.forsaken.co/threads/blood-n-bones.698/ Freshly updated!

PS: Why is the diamond dolly even enabled in the pack? It's basically a cheap, reusable portaspawner....

I think it's on his "to do" list. I agree, it solves way, way too many problems and makes mob farms extremely easy to make. However, I've found some very interesting complications with spawners from dungeons. Has me wondering if it's a change to spawners in the whole pack, or just the ones in the dungeons.

Thronwen

Jul 29, 2019
It is possible to skip from Iron directly to alumite once you got a smeltery.
You can put in Lava and water to make molten obsidian by using a casting channel connected to the drain to pour in the fluid from a tank with a faucet above the casting channel.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's on his "to do" list. I agree, it solves way, way too many problems and makes mob farms extremely easy to make. However, I've found some very interesting complications with spawners from dungeons. Has me wondering if it's a change to spawners in the whole pack, or just the ones in the dungeons.
What sort of "complications" are you encountering? I'm intrigued.

It is possible to skip from Iron directly to alumite once you got a smeltery.
You can put in Lava and water to make molten obsidian by using a casting channel connected to the drain to pour in the fluid from a tank with a faucet above the casting channel.
Ingenious! I applaud you!

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. Finally got some sleep after being awake for 72+ hours. Will probably break the update up into 2 and push a non recommended 1.0.8 up for players some time tonight.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. Finally got some sleep after being awake for 72+ hours. Will probably break the update up into 2 and push a non recommended 1.0.8 up for players some time tonight.
Glad you got some sleep, and hurrah for updates! :D I look forward to seeing the changelog.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
What sort of "complications" are you encountering? I'm intrigued.

Seems that some spawners have split personalities. You see a zombie spinning and assume it's a zombie spawner. Later on it's popping out a skeleton, or spider, or creep....boom! wtf?

And interestingly enough, they don't mind spawning mobs in dark areas that don't have a block for the mob to stand on. I've seen mobs just appear in midair and fall.

Ghooostie

Jul 29, 2019
And interestingly enough, they don't mind spawning mobs in dark areas that don't have a block for the mob to stand on. I've seen mobs just appear in midair and fall.

That's standard mob spawner behavior for you. They'll spawn them in any dark spot they find within their range, even if it happens to be in the air.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Seems that some spawners have split personalities. You see a zombie spinning and assume it's a zombie spawner. Later on it's popping out a skeleton, or spider, or creep....boom! wtf?

That would be a brutal spawner of the random variety from the DeadlyWorld mod. :p

kamyu2

Jul 29, 2019

Those are mod added spawners (rougelike dungeons probably or apparently deadly world). The functionality to have a single spawner rotate through a list of different mobs is actually a vanilla option though. A simple edit of the nbt data. They just don't generate that way naturally in vanilla (it was added for map makers, blame the unholy union of vechs and dinnerbone).

kamyu2

Jul 29, 2019
Eh, just don't use any spawners with creepers in the queue. It isn't truly random, just a sequential list specific to the individual spawner.

The various endermen this adds have quite the variety of loot. Dropped an enderman spawner in my grinder and now in addition to ender pearls I am getting snowballs, ghast tears, eyes of ender, emeralds, gold nuggets, glistering melons, spider eyes, fermented spider eyes, gunpowder, raw fish, ink sacs, flint and three kinds of silverfish blocks.
Most of those come in low quantities, but still quite nice loot for a single spawner. Too much?

Layballs

Jul 29, 2019
So I've set up a server for my friends and I to play on and none of the HarvestCraft crops grow on their own.

Not fruit trees or seeds of any kind. We're in a swamp and the farm is well protected and in direct sunlight. No plant ever rises above 0% unless I use bonemeal on it. Intended?..

I've literally been sitting near the plants, resetting time to 0 as soon as the sun sets in creative just to test them. None of them budge.

Teddy Bear

Jul 29, 2019
So I've set up a server for my friends and I to play on and none of the HarvestCraft crops grow on their own.

Not fruit trees or seeds of any kind. We're in a swamp and the farm is well protected and in direct sunlight. No plant ever rises above 0% unless I use bonemeal on it. Intended?..

I've literally been sitting near the plants, resetting time to 0 as soon as the sun sets in creative just to test them. None of them budge.
if you look at the seed or sapling it should say what biome it grows best it. the Growth rate of all plants has been reduced, so plants can take a really long time to grow.

Teddy Bear

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to make the clock in NEI not work? like make it do what it does in the nether and always spin.

Eekki

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, first thank you for this modpack, i've been wishing for something like this.

Ok to the point, found a annoying ?"bug"?, dont know what caused it, but it started when i was in nether and died there. After death my tinkers tools disapear, sometimes they dont and sometimes couple of them dissapear. All the other items stay. I've used the magnet mode to make sure. Any ideas?

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, first thank you for this modpack, i've been wishing for something like this.

Ok to the point, found a annoying ?"bug"?, dont know what caused it, but it started when i was in nether and died there. After death my tinkers tools disapear, sometimes they dont and sometimes couple of them dissapear. All the other items stay. I've used the magnet mode to make sure. Any ideas?
The only thing I can think of is that a mob picked up your tools and then despawned. I don't see how else it could have happened, as there is a config in iguanatweaks enabled on the pack that makes tinker tools completely invincible on the ground.

Eekki

Jul 29, 2019
thank you for your reply.

I discarded that theory when i started testing it, killed my self many times with one mob and they still disapeared. well, gotta try installing the mod pack again.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing I can think of is that a mob picked up your tools and then despawned. I don't see how else it could have happened, as there is a config in iguanatweaks enabled on the pack that makes tinker tools completely invincible on the ground.

By completely invincible you mean to explosive damage? Because the definitely still despawn after 5 minutes. I also had a tool disapear recently. I'm guessing a zombie picked it up and then despawned. Really awesome cleaver too!

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
By completely invincible you mean to explosive damage? Because the definitely still despawn after 5 minutes. I also had a tool disapear recently. I'm guessing a zombie picked it up and then despawned. Really awesome cleaver too!
Completely invincible as in can't despawn, can't be destroyed by explosions/lava, etc.

# Do Tinker's tools on the ground never despawn?
B:toolsNeverDespawn=true