Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
Small report, not sure if it's a bug or not, but two types of copper are spawning, Metallurgy and TE.

CedricB

Jul 29, 2019
So, when I create a new world, I start getting horrendous lag spikes and hearing (never seeing) explosions every few seconds, and the console freaks out about an overburdened memory connection (I have 3 gigs of ram allocated to FTB, which ought to be more than enough, right?). Also, the main menu's texture has changed from bedrock in one launch, to noteblocks in the next. Are these normal?

I've already tried deleting all the FTB files and re-downloading everything from scratch. I ctrl+f'd "explo" on every page of the thread looking for someone posting about frequent, spontaneous explosions, but didn't see anything.

CedricB

Jul 29, 2019
Included a crash report. Something to do with gases being on fire? o_O Saw the first post saying something about a problem with gases and default world gen; am I supposed to manually change away from the default settings when making a new world?

Attachments

• crash-2014-02-27_21.13.39-server.txt
    157.9 KB · Views: 101

iiowyn

Jul 29, 2019
First impressions, I love the recipe changes and it is definitely more challenging. However the world gen is seriously off for me. I keep getting really small biomes, crazy height noise and I cannot find a cave for the life of me, other than the gas pockets or craters from exploding gases. The height noise is killing my fps and I really want to do some serious cave exploring with all the mods added to this.

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
I've had no issues with worldgen, but I'm a bit stuck on how to leave your house/hole after the first night. I've survived the night a few times, then starved to death, because outside is a mass of zombies that never die (they keep healing somehow?) and trying to attack their feet just runs me out of food before they are even half dead. Anyone have tips or ideas on how to start the second day without fighting a zombie hoard?

Regarding the explosions, I've heard those too, and just assumed it was something to do with Glenn's Gases.

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
So, when I create a new world, I start getting horrendous lag spikes and hearing (never seeing) explosions every few seconds, and the console freaks out about an overburdened memory connection (I have 3 gigs of ram allocated to FTB, which ought to be more than enough, right?). Also, the main menu's texture has changed from bedrock in one launch, to noteblocks in the next. Are these normal?

I've already tried deleting all the FTB files and re-downloading everything from scratch. I ctrl+f'd "explo" on every page of the thread looking for someone posting about frequent, spontaneous explosions, but didn't see anything.

I don't know about the lag spikes, but the menu changes is normal and expected. There is a mod that does it, but I can't remember which. In one of the configs, you can disable the randomized backgrounds.

SinisterBro :3

Jul 29, 2019

Glenns gasses are exploding somewhere underground.......
Main menus background is done by a mod. Dunno which one.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
The bed can still be used to set your spawn point.
The crops require sunlight is hunger overhaul.
Well if you are playing hardcore a bed would skip the night however in BnB it's useless due to you can't even do that and no point setting a spawn point if your world gets deleted when you die ;)

iiowyn

Jul 29, 2019
Glenns gasses are exploding somewhere underground.......
Main menus background is done by a mod. Dunno which one.
Been trying to tweak this to get caves back, and the lag spikes seem to be related to Glenn's Gases. Makes sense considering when you first load a chunk there are quite a few new liquids added that either flow down or up into the sky at different speeds.

I just want my caves back =(

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
i'll be putting up 1.0.1 sometime soon. should fix the gases crash and tic lag. no jvm arguments should be needed. should.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
pushed 1.0.1 to the launcher. brief changelog:

updated Glenn's Gases
removed additional high level gas gen
reduced additional low level gas gen
removed eating takes longer depending on the food eaten
fixed metallurgy copper and tin spawns

iiowyn

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I have noticed, not sure it is desired or not, but Cave Control seems to be adding pockets of lava high up in mountains that often ends up exposed to air. It ends up where most mountainous biomes end up with lavafalls everywhere. Haven't really tested it, just an idle observation.

Tonnatos

Jul 29, 2019
So laging pack!!!! . My fps goes from 180 to 15. I start new world and have 8-10 crash at 3 min play. Then i press DEL button.
p.s i have x64 java, and 10 gb ram on FTB launcher options.

sarydactl

Jul 29, 2019

I did an lp episode of my first day/night! I'm really enjoying the pack, even if it's hella laggy. I'm on x64, 6gb allocated ram, with jvm arguments. And i removed a few aesthetic mods to speed things up. Good work on the pack, looking forward to recording the next episode, and hopefully your patch includes fps improvements <3.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019

I did an lp episode of my first day/night! I'm really enjoying the pack, even if it's hella laggy. I'm on x64, 6gb allocated ram, with jvm arguments. And i removed a few aesthetic mods to speed things up. Good work on the pack, looking forward to recording the next episode, and hopefully your patch includes fps improvements <3.

Aesthetic mods? Besides BoP there are no aesthetic mods. Thanks for the LP, though :p
Looking into the AI routines as that's where most the tic lag is coming from.