Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks a lot for that. I happened to almost get the server completely open, but then it crashed. I know with Monster mobius core and opis needed to be updated. Mobius was updated with the new patch, and I just deleted opis for the moment to see if it worked. Would you happen to know any other configs that could cause it to crash?

Ah, forgot about those mods... I did have to update those two, but I don't think anything else was required.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure why it's crashing still. I'll try to set everything up from scratch. Hopefully that works. Before it was crashing instantly, but now that I changed the config thing it gets all the way to the end of loading then crashes.

mechlsd

Jul 29, 2019
Why is version 1.1.5 not recommended yet on FTB? Nitrous servers will not update their modpacks until then?

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
Looks like the Nether crash is still around. Just went to the Nether for the first time in my new SP world, whenever I leave it now my client crashes. The world was created on 1.13, the Nether however in 1.15

Crashlog: http://pastebin.com/MXz1mYSq

:edit:
What seems to have fixed it for me was deleting the Nether completely in my save files and building it again

:edit2:
Nope, could just go through once, now it crashes again >.<
So after a couple of attempts this seems to have fixed it for me: I downloaded the server version of the pack, moved my world there and started it as a dedicated server. Then I connected to 127.0.0.1 as I would to any other world and voilà: No more crashes.

My guess: It's a SP thing. Did anyone ever report the crash occuring on a server?

Last edited:

mechlsd

Jul 29, 2019
So after a couple of attempts this seems to have fixed it for me: I downloaded the server version of the pack, moved my world there and started it as a dedicated server. Then I connected to 127.0.0.1 as I would to any other world and voilà: No more crashes.

My guess: It's a SP thing. Did anyone ever report the crash occuring on a server?

Yes it happened on our server. But it suddenly stop happening when everyone on the server had visited dreamland.

feralferret

Jul 29, 2019
First off - I absolutely love this modpack. Thank you for making it, Eyamaz! I have seriously never had more fun in Minecraft.

I know there is no real support for adding or removing mods with this pack, but does anyone see complications arising from adding Chisel? I just like to have the decorative options available once (if) I get my base properly established. The only issue I can foresee would be the blocks being non-griefable, but I can always edit the configs for that.. right?

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't want bother you all with this, but maybe someone could help. After disabling the infinite water in the config and also in the cauldron yml I get this

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I feel sad now :(

Time: 9/15/14 10:30 AM
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/world/gen/ChunkProviderServer
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72970_h(WorldServer.java:1061)
at net.minecraft.world.World.<init>(World.java:440)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.<init>(WorldServer.java:197)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71247_a(MinecraftServer.java:360)
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:226)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:637)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:186)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 7 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: t
at org.objectweb.asm.ClassWriter.getCommonSuperClass(Unknown Source)
at org.objectweb.asm.ClassWriter.a(Unknown Source)
at org.objectweb.asm.Frame.a(Unknown Source)
at org.objectweb.asm.MethodWriter.visitMaxs(Unknown Source)
at org.objectweb.asm.tree.MethodNode.accept(Unknown Source)
at org.objectweb.asm.tree.ClassNode.accept(Unknown Source)
at eyamaz.bnbtweaks.asm.ClassTransformer.writeClassToBytes(ClassTransformer.java:186)
at eyamaz.bnbtweaks.asm.ClassTransformer.transform(ClassTransformer.java:168)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.runTransformers(LaunchClassLoader.java:274)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:172)

Last edited:

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
Yes it happened on our server. But it suddenly stop happening when everyone on the server had visited dreamland.
Dang. And I thought I had it :/
Well it's still an option one can try if he's playing solo. For me it worked so far.

Chisel: Shouldn't really be a problem, except for the griefing thing you mentioned. If you're solo and don't exploit it I'd say just go for it.

BTW, this patch note is a bit misleading:
Lowed Explosion Probability of Nether Ores to 5%
Asfar as I noticed, up until now only Nether Quartz exploded (if not silk touched), so the probability is increased.
Also the probability seems bugged. Maybe I'm just unlucky but now every second ore seems to explode. And they always start a chain reaction that blows up half of the Nether. Mining there is just impossible now :(

ghoulsblade

Jul 29, 2019
I would totally say yes but.... after trying to start BnB on a server with other people... I quickly logged off and went to my singleplayer world. I kinda forgot how harsh was the first days and couldn't bother to do that again... But, it was an open server, so I was starting 'alone'....

In a couple days, when I finish ME^3, if I feel I still the need to play BnB, I will contact you. Playing co-op must be much easier and funnier :)

so, ME^3 done, BnB now ? ;)

I'm still looking for someone or a small group to try BloodNBones in multiplayer, got a dedicated server in datacenter up by now.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't want bother you all with this, but maybe someone could help. After disabling the infinite water in the config and also in the cauldron yml I get this

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I feel sad now :(

Time: 9/15/14 10:30 AM
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/world/gen/ChunkProviderServer
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72970_h(WorldServer.java:1061)
at net.minecraft.world.World.<init>(World.java:440)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.<init>(WorldServer.java:197)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71247_a(MinecraftServer.java:360)
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:226)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:637)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:186)
... 7 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: t
at org.objectweb.asm.ClassWriter.getCommonSuperClass(Unknown Source)
at org.objectweb.asm.ClassWriter.a(Unknown Source)
at org.objectweb.asm.MethodWriter.visitMaxs(Unknown Source)
at org.objectweb.asm.tree.ClassNode.accept(Unknown Source)
at eyamaz.bnbtweaks.asm.ClassTransformer.writeClassToBytes(ClassTransformer.java:186)
at eyamaz.bnbtweaks.asm.ClassTransformer.transform(ClassTransformer.java:168)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.runTransformers(LaunchClassLoader.java:274)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:172)
That looks like Cauldron does not agree with the patch we wrote to attempt to fix the nether crash. BnBTweaks.cfg to disable it.

dragonmaster0283

Jul 29, 2019
BTW, this patch note is a bit misleading:

Asfar as I noticed, up until now only Nether Quartz exploded (if not silk touched), so the probability is increased.
Also the probability seems bugged. Maybe I'm just unlucky but now every second ore seems to explode. And they always start a chain reaction that blows up half of the Nether. Mining there is just impossible now :(
I have to agree. Any ore that is not a metellurgy ore will explode either after the first or 2nd ore mined (most often the first). Pretty much impossible to get the ores mined. Prior it was seeming like nether quartz was doing it after every mine but now its all non-metellurgy ores doing it. Feel so sad seeing a nice vein of redstone ore go poof after only one ore mined.

Pretty much made a game out of how many of the "about to blow" blocks I could mine before it exploded. Tested on a 10 vein of coal. I picked up 4 of the smoking blocks in a row (meaning 4 in a row blocks that would explode) before I couldnt find the 5th one that was blowing.

Either its bugged or the config works in reverse where 5% chance more means that its a 95% chance to blow.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Please, the nether was easy until now. It must be hard making a hard mod pack. The people playing want it to be difficult, but once it finally is they want it to be easy again XD

dragonmaster0283

Jul 29, 2019
Please, the nether was easy until now. It must be hard making a hard mod pack. The people playing want it to be difficult, but once it finally is they want it to be easy again XD
Oh I don't have a problem with it, Just feels like the actual value in the config is bugged. I love playing "find and whack the exploding block before it blows" :p Plus it should be a little difficult since the nether ores are a good income source.

Last edited:

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I don't have a problem with it, Just feels like the actual value in the config is bugged. I love playing "find and whack the exploding block before it blows" :p

I feel having my awesome enchanted Inolashite armor for 3 days straight was to long anyway :p
My first encounter I was surrounded by ore and thought I was being bombarded by ghasts.
The higher grade ore do not seem to explode, just weaker ones like coal, red stone, and such.
You should never be happy to enter the nether. With hard work and patients though some of the mods will make the nether tamer, but never fully controllable.

Revalis

Jul 29, 2019
My world seems to be unplayable now; and I'm guessing it's due to Gas?
2014_09_15_10_34.jpg

New worlds don't do this; and I had only had minor fps lag before. I made a copy of the world and loaded in to set it to Peaceful and see if it was mob spawns causing it, but it made no different (as you can see in the screenshot). 4.5 GB RAM allocated (of 12 GB).. Dual Xeon 2.4s... ATI FirePro V5800. Shouldn't be my system causing it. My only guess is fluids or gases..

Anything I can do to hang on to my progress? :/

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
First off - I absolutely love this modpack. Thank you for making it, Eyamaz! I have seriously never had more fun in Minecraft.

I know there is no real support for adding or removing mods with this pack, but does anyone see complications arising from adding Chisel? I just like to have the decorative options available once (if) I get my base properly established. The only issue I can foresee would be the blocks being non-griefable, but I can always edit the configs for that.. right?
You can exploit moss stone with chisel!... So... free tool repair with a couple of cooked stone and an iron.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
My world seems to be unplayable now; and I'm guessing it's due to Gas?
Anything I can do to hang on to my progress? :/

New one on me. Possibly try /opis or Shift-F3 profiler and track down what's causing the problem. Also, if it's somehow just low framerate, does looking straight up, down, or behind you help? Maybe something it's trying to render broke.

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
I'd have no problem with it, if it worked as intended. But as it is now there is no way to deal with the ores - not even silk touching helps, like you it used to with nether quartz.
So all you can do is ignore them and play as if nether ores wasn't even installed.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Is BnB made to not be compatible with Mcmmo? If so its no problem, a few friends asked if id add it so I did. When I type pl in the server command mcmmo shows up green, but in game its not showing up.