Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Another thing... most of the alloys produced in metalurgy3 are depressingly basic, using 1-1 or 1-2 ratios of same tier elemental metals. Boring!! I wanna produce more alloys like TiCo alumite, where things other than metals are thrown into the mix, and output quantities actually differ from total input. I wanna throw amethyst, cinnebar, attuned stones and nether stars into that smeltary! I wanna pipe liquids crazy liquids into it!
Maybe this is just unessessary complication. Idk, there must be other people that get off on this kinda thing xD
A thread specific to Ticon would likley be a better place for your ideas. I for one don't expect Eyamaz to add a bunch of new alloys. I'm not sure who is taking over for Mdiyo but you'd likley have better luck looking in that direction.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Another thing... most of the alloys produced in metalurgy3 are depressingly basic, using 1-1 or 1-2 ratios of same tier elemental metals. Boring!! I wanna produce more alloys like TiCo alumite, where things other than metals are thrown into the mix, and output quantities actually differ from total input. I wanna throw amethyst, cinnebar, attuned stones and nether stars into that smeltary! I wanna pipe liquids crazy liquids into it!
Maybe this is just unessessary complication. Idk, there must be other people that get off on this kinda thing xD

Just asking for more recipes to use more items is definitely unnecessary complication.

However, if you went off and did an add on mod for TiCon that added all those recipes, then the rest of us would be happy about it :) Remember all those new smelted solids into liquids need to work with all the rules to fluids, buckets, and florbs.

W

WillThGreat

I had some difficulties getting this video uploaded. It's not the most eventful episode, in all honesty, but I talk about some things that need to be talked about. (Hey, at least F.lux wasn't on.) The bulk of the fun stuff will be in Episode 8.

nilness

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Will, enjoyed the episode. For what it's worth, I appreciate the cuts. My time is valuable and I appreciate you not wasting it. I do watch a LOT of BnB LPs and brevity and editing is something that could certainly be used more!

BTW I had fun watching you and your friend on Twitch a couple weeks ago. Thanks for letting a total stranger hang out with you guys!

Reactions: WillThGreat

nilness

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz-

Any official word on changes to nether ores re: explosions? I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been waiting to update 'til the coast looked clear. So far it seems like we've seen a few reports saying nether ore explosions are making nether mining impossible and AFAIK no one has said otherwise. Is 1.1.5 working as intended as far as nether ore explosions or will there be a 1.1.6/config update?

Thanks for your work on the pack. Truly an amazing experience that has brought the challenge, fun, and mystery of my first fumblings at Minecraft back to me :D

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz-

Any official word on changes to nether ores re: explosions? I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been waiting to update 'til the coast looked clear. So far it seems like we've seen a few reports saying nether ore explosions are making nether mining impossible and AFAIK no one has said otherwise. Is 1.1.5 working as intended as far as nether ore explosions or will there be a 1.1.6/config update?

Thanks for your work on the pack. Truly an amazing experience that has brought the challenge, fun, and mystery of my first fumblings at Minecraft back to me :D

Well, skyboy fixed things, now things are working a bit on overdrive. I may change the configs, I'm not sure. If I do anything, it will be to turn off chaining. Maybe drop chance down to 10/1000 from 50/1000.

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
50/1000 is fine I think. But it feels like the chance is off right now and actually somewhere between 800-1000 / 1000.

Another thing: did you change the chances for alduorite to spawn? I have yet to find a single piece and I did a lot of mining in the nether

Like 3 or 4 such trips:
2014-09-17_12.43.47.png

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
50/1000 is fine I think. But it feels like the chance is off right now and actually somewhere between 800-1000 / 1000.
Isnt silk touch supposed to prevent the explosions? If so...even 1000/1000 would be fair :p

Disclaimer: I never checked what is the recipe for silk touch. I say this with the normal recipe in mind.

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
I just did the testing and it actually does. I always assumed this would only work for nether quartz because the silk-touched block is different from the non silk-touched *Where's the facepalm smiley when you need it?*
The recipe isn't too hard either, although it requires a block of emerald instead of just one.

What I also noticed during my tests: it seems the difficulty has an influence on the explosion chance. When I mined on peaceful I could take out half a vein before anything happened, on hard it was alwas the first or second block.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Well, skyboy fixed things, now things are working a bit on overdrive. I may change the configs, I'm not sure. If I do anything, it will be to turn off chaining. Maybe drop chance down to 10/1000 from 50/1000.
I've been playing on a private 1.1.5 server the past few days, and the nether ore explosion chance feels fine to me. I still tend to get more ores than I lose, which considering every ore is double an overworld one and more common, the nether still feels like the better place for mining.

Nether redstone veins seem a little large, btw.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I just did the testing and it actually does. I always assumed this would only work for nether quartz because the silk-touched block is different from the non silk-touched *Where's the facepalm smiley when you need it?*
The recipe isn't too hard either, although it requires a block of emerald instead of just one.

What I also noticed during my tests: it seems the difficulty has an influence on the explosion chance. When I mined on peaceful I could take out half a vein before anything happened, on hard it was alwas the first or second block.
Well, the explosions come from the nether ores mod. So, silk touch should have the same behaviour on nether quartz and nether ores.

I say 'should' coz... you know.... Eyamaz...

melvik

Jul 29, 2019
May start invasion from Hostile worlds, when I'm not in the overworld or zombies needs me as target? So i am mining in Nether for example.

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
I've been playing on a private 1.1.5 server the past few days, and the nether ore explosion chance feels fine to me. I still tend to get more ores than I lose, which considering every ore is double an overworld one and more common, the nether still feels like the better place for mining.

Nether redstone veins seem a little large, btw.
What's your servers difficulty setting? It seems to be increase on hard

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
What's your servers difficulty setting? It seems to be increase on hard
It's most definitely on hard.

EDIT: Unless it's not.... Did I really only change it ingame instead of in the server properties before now? >_> It may have been on "easy". Now I feel scrub! I'll respond with a new nether ore opinion later today.

superckl

Jul 29, 2019

Another thing: did you change the chances for alduorite to spawn? I have yet to find a single piece and I did a lot of mining in the nether

Like 3 or 4 such trips:
I can attest to this insane chance... I can't mine a nether ore vein without it priming and blowing up in my face. It's actually a little ridiculous... (I'm playing on hard)

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Ok did some mining on hard. It's a little high, feels like around a 1/5 chance per ore. I'm not going to pretend that I don't enjoy the "how much ore can you mine before the rest explodes" race :p. I would suggest a drop from 50/1000 to 25/1000 at most. We are mining in hell, not candyland. :p

Reactions: Booyadude

Booyadude

Jul 29, 2019
May start invasion from Hostile worlds, when I'm not in the overworld or zombies needs me as target? So i am mining in Nether for example.

Don't worry, invasions only start when you are in the overworld.
Ok did some mining on hard. It's a little high, feels like around a 1/5 chance per ore. I'm not going to pretend that I don't enjoy the "how much ore can you mine before the rest explodes" race :p. I would suggest a drop from 50/1000 to 25/1000 at most. We are mining in hell, not candyland. :p
Agreed! I'm largely okay with how it is now, but I could support a drop to 25 to meet others halfway. I like that it's actually risky to grab that precious lapis. "Uh oh, something just primed... do I run or try to grab one more piece?!". I do think Eyamaz has the right idea on disabling the chain reaction though. With the enormous veinsize of Coal and Redstone not too far behind, some of these explosions are getting pretty bonkers!

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
ok... what the... with this mob pack... i just survive a few night in a hole underground... after two creepers randomly explode... i manage to keep my... together and stay alive... but I understand that I have to move... found one of those obsidian towers.... and try to make my base there... but honestly i dont understand the creepers... i know one came random and just explode... but how can i creeper get to the second floor and explode on one of the iron bars everything was close (didn't came from the inside)... i just don't understand... but still alive... at morning go to the top to see some flying mob attack me... run back to inside... and found a minicreeper on top of my chest and tell me "hello, this is all yours? I just.... PFFFFF"....

Need some help, advice how to survive a long term... basically base and food

W

WillThGreat

Thanks Will, enjoyed the episode. For what it's worth, I appreciate the cuts. My time is valuable and I appreciate you not wasting it. I do watch a LOT of BnB LPs and brevity and editing is something that could certainly be used more!

BTW I had fun watching you and your friend on Twitch a couple weeks ago. Thanks for letting a total stranger hang out with you guys!
Thanks a lot for the kind words. I'll definitely continue to cut out the boring things. And thanks for coming out to the stream! We should be back on Friday with some sort of mod pack.