Beneath the Neon Stars - Signup and Out Of Character {MATURE CONTENT}

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Because Permanent Stat debuffs from an attack have the potential to become 'a snowballing merry mess of murder', in the words of one of the GM of probably the best PvP oriented RP I've ever been part of. What it does do is make your target more vulnerable to being Hack attacked by your allies. If it carried over to your next turn, the snowballing from that attack would unbalance it. Your Weave and Strategy abilities are fine, but I've been in an RP with a permanent stat steal character before. It does get unbalanced, and it does annoy the other players involved because your character ends up OP.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Gah. I'll see what I can whip up tonight, if I can stay on the ball for this.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
@RJS a few questions:

1) What exactly do you mean by a roll? A specific die of x sides? (Stat/20) chance?
2) For stealth, I disagree with straight-out saying that Sy is seen as soon as he shoots. How about he exits stealth only if the enemy he shot succeeds against him in [whatever a roll is] of (enemy precision) vs. (Sy's agility)?

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
@RJS a few questions:

1) What exactly do you mean by a roll? A specific die of x sides? (Stat/20) chance?
2) For stealth, I disagree with straight-out saying that Sy is seen as soon as he shoots. How about he exits stealth only if the enemy he shot succeeds against him in [whatever a roll is] of (enemy precision) vs. (Sy's agility)?
Ooooh he's arguing with the host! Shits gonna get real!

Ahem. Sorry. I'm used to stirring the pot from where I live.

Reactions: Lethosos