Beneath the Neon Stars - Signup and Out Of Character {MATURE CONTENT}

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
@RJS a few questions:

1) What exactly do you mean by a roll? A specific die of x sides? (Stat/20) chance?
2) For stealth, I disagree with straight-out saying that Sy is seen as soon as he shoots. How about he exits stealth only if the enemy he shot succeeds against him in [whatever a roll is] of (enemy precision) vs. (Sy's agility)?

1) Rolls are xd10, where x is your stat.
2) So wait a minute. You want 3 turns of stealth, during which you are unattackable and gain boosted precision and power and potentially get three shots in that time? While I admit balancing by stealth exit maybe isn't the most realistic outcome, it does balance out 3 turns of invulnerability quite nicely. Your alternative is highly open to exploitation as characters gain stat points to spend.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
Oh wow, that's way more of a stat difference than what I'm used to (where you roll a d20 and get a few small modifiers). I think I like it, but we'll have to see how it pans out. Also, I'll ask the "elephant-in-the-room" question: what happens if my character dies? Make a new character or out of the RP?

Either way, thanks for setting all this up @RJS, it looks like it'll be fun and I know GMing usually takes a ton of work.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Oh wow, that's way more of a stat difference than what I'm used to (where you roll a d20 and get a few small modifiers). I think I like it, but we'll have to see how it pans out. Also, I'll ask the "elephant-in-the-room" question: what happens if my character dies? Make a new character or out of the RP?

Either way, thanks for setting all this up @RJS, it looks like it'll be fun and I know GMing usually takes a ton of work.
I agree, thanks rjs.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
1) Rolls are xd10, where x is your stat.
2) So wait a minute. You want 3 turns of stealth, during which you are unattackable and gain boosted precision and power and potentially get three shots in that time? While I admit balancing by stealth exit maybe isn't the most realistic outcome, it does balance out 3 turns of invulnerability quite nicely. Your alternative is highly open to exploitation as characters gain stat points to spend.
Hmm, fair enough.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
NSAWolf probably won't, but we'll see how the mountain of work I have at the minute goes.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Thanks for the one-upmanship.
No worries. Was just really ill, had three tests while ill, made my throat hurt EVEN MORE than it did already and then hurt my wrist so much my friend told me I should check if it's fractured.

Thinking about it though, 17 assignments is A LOT of work and I bloody hate work so you know. Wouldn't be sure about trading.

I'm a terrible person.

I should shut up.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
No worries. Was just really ill, had three tests while ill, made my throat hurt EVEN MORE than it did already and then hurt my wrist so much my friend told me I should check if it's fractured.

Thinking about it though, 17 assignments is A LOT of work and I bloody hate work so you know. Wouldn't be sure about trading.

I'm a terrible person.

I should shut up.
Must be strange J. I'm being a dick in one thread and funny in another, you shouldn't mention the other thread in each thread and each thread is made by the same person. You chose silence. Good choice.