Beneath the Neon Stars - Signup and Out Of Character {MATURE CONTENT}

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still working out the backstory and personality, but here's an early draft.

----------

Name: Sam "Slate" Caudwell

Affiliation: Insitute

Appearance:
Ghost_in_the_Shell_Stand_Alone_Complex_Batou.png

(Work with the idea of a dude with a duster or jacket/pants combo, chrome all hidden inside.)

Personality:

Backstory:

Stats:

Power: 4
Precision: 4
Durability: 4
Health: 4
Agility: 3
Hack: 2
Firewall: 4

Abilities:

Sam can modify his adaptive cybernetics on the fly, affecting his physical attributes where he chooses to do so. He is restricted to one ability per scene, and must perform an internal reset back to his original values before he can choose an another ability.

Adapt.shift(Power): Can move up to three points of Physical attributes into Power.
Adapt.shift(Precision): Can move up to three points of Physical attributes into Precision.
Adapt.shift(Durability): Can move up to three points of Physical attributes into Durability.

Equipment: Standard-issue pistol, wrist-mounted blades inside forearms

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
I like the idea, but then again, my character has a very similar ability so of course I would say that. Seems like a waste of ability slots to me though, why not just do this?

Agility: 2
Hack: 3

Adapt.shift(): Reallocates all stats from Hack to either Power, Percision or Durability until Sam is out of combat and can spend (5 minutes maybe?) to reset.

That way it's more versatile, frees 2 ability slots and scales with hack. Plus, they'd be no point in having 2 hack otherwise, seeing as you have no hack abilities listed. That's just my opinion anyways. Also, more than 3 weeks and no backstory? Get working on that :p

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
RJS, question for my full metal jacket ability.
Does the durability decrease act before or after the damage is done? It would make sense as it's essentially a more powerful shot that breaks through armour.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Schweet.
Also, how exactly will the calculations for combat be done? You give us the equations for every ability, and we roll the dice?

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
@sgbros1 so let me get this straight, this guy you've suddenly made up, rather than your actual character, is going to the meeting despite this obviously being meant for your actual character?

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
@sgbros1 so let me get this straight, this guy you've suddenly made up, rather than your actual character, is going to the meeting despite this obviously being meant for your actual character?
1) She isn't in the peacekeeping force. It's not her strong point.
2) Why go when she's a relatively high ranking official?

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Gardenia swaggered into the yeta division, with the guards greeting her as she walked in. She gave short curtsy nods to the soldiers, her eyes were only focused on one man.

He looked up from the grounds, their eyes locking onto one another. The other soldiers knew who they were, what they are going to be, and gladly gave up some space around the two. His large but gentle palms grasped her smooth curves.

Ty, she whispered, I heard about the announcement. Yes, I know. Nothing will happen to me, babe. Don't worry about it, Tyrian responded.

I miss you. I worry about you whenever you're not by my side. It's like, half of my heart just wandered away, Gardenia replied back. I will be fine. Once I get my promotion we will have all the time in the world to be together. I promise, he said as the siren rang again.

Tyrian broke free of the hug, and nodded towards Gardenia, signalling he had to go. Whatever's left of the crowd is slowly thinning out, and soon after everyone had left.

Gardenia sighed and headed back to her quarters.

You can count on sg to always do a romance.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
1) She isn't in the peacekeeping force. It's not her strong point.
2) Why go when she's a relatively high ranking official?
Someone pays attention:
One thing I will say, which may have a huge impact on how you want to build your character: You are field agents. Nobody gets to hide away at the base. As a member of the Institute, you have been sent out to fight because the drones aren't enough.You are an on-scene presence.

Also laptops? Really? You could have a retinal display with a keyboard implant in your arm and you went with a laptop? I am disappoint :p