Beneath the Neon Stars - Signup and Out Of Character {MATURE CONTENT}

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
That would probably be better, yes.

Haha, I find this mathematical error hilarious; if I understand correctly, it should be pretty balanced, well done. This is what you're looking for though: d(x/3) = firewall reduction with x being Weave's hack stat.

EDIT: Wow, I screwed it up too. Fixed it, hopefully no one saw that.
Can I just say that I've rolled it back to 15? I really don't want to write out the story all over again..

dylanpiera

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, they're going to slip into the HQ of the Institute, get past all the mechanical and human defenses, specifically seek out Dan, take down his own installed defenses in the network, and kill him. LOGIC.
Remember my character. It can sneak past almost anything as long as I have power in my suit. It is also a great hacker and knows almost everything about the institiute's public network (basic defense network included)

Not saying it woudn't be a challange. (cause i don't know where you are and the sepecific defenses in this location) But if I'd really want too. I'd probbably be able to do it with some help.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Remember my character. It can sneak past almost anything as long as I have power in my suit. It is also a great hacker and knows almost everything about the institiute's public network (basic defense network included)

Not saying it woudn't be a challange. (cause i don't know where you are and the sepecific defenses in this location) But if I'd really want too. I'd probbably be able to do it with some help.
Not to mention the fact that according to physics you can't see while being invisible :p

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place

You're part of the Institute m9

Ignore what I just said!

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Who says the suit works as you expect?
To be invisible light needs to pass through you/past you without any interference.
In order to see light needs to hit the back of our eyes and thus there is interference.
This makes it impossible to both see and be invisible at the same time not to mention the fact that it was a joke.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I will say, which may have a huge impact on how you want to build your character: You are field agents. Nobody gets to hide away at the base. As a member of the Institute, you have been sent out to fight because the drones aren't enough.You are an on-scene presence.

Also laptops? Really? You could have a retinal display with a keyboard implant in your arm and you went with a laptop? I am disappoint :p

Reactions: dylanpiera

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
[21:32:11] The J: for creature.form or wahtever, I suggest making it so that he has to sacrifice some stats temporarily, maybe one health as well
[21:33:07] The J: the creature has slightly lower stats than Wyatt, but it's also more physically-focused, and also, all damage is done via its own durability but the ultimate health loss is on Wyatt's side
[21:34:37] The J: I'm not a fan of CPU.overload
[21:34:42] The J: it seems HIGHLY subjective
[21:34:55] The J: for example, what counts as an implant? That isn't defined
[21:35:38] The J: how about he does something like stops an ability for two turns and can't disable that ability again during the fight
[21:36:14] The J: creature.shutdown looks cool
[21:36:16] lenscas: that....is a better description indeed :p
[21:36:34] Fluffies [Luma]: [21:35] The J:

<<< for example, what counts as an implant? That isn't definedgood point; if INA's core is considered an implant, gg xD
[21:38:17 | Edited 21:38:39] lenscas: The problem RJS (and I also have) is the possible 2v1 thing with creature.form().
[21:39:24] The J: hence the big stat decrease for Wyatt
[21:39:38] The J: rendering him as pretty crap in any kind of combat
[21:39:52] The J: so it's more like 1v1.2
[21:40:17] Fluffies [Luma]: lol
[21:40:27] Fluffies [Luma]: Or 1 vs 0.5+0.5
[21:40:27] lenscas: well.....one of my suggestions was that damage to the creature would also (although perhaps diminished) to wyat
[21:40:35] The J: nah
[21:40:39] The J: the creature is like almost one
[21:41:01] The J: he would use it when he finds a character that rivals his hack abilities but is weaker in physical areas

A convo from skype basically explaining everything I suggest about Wyatt's abilities.

dylanpiera

Jul 29, 2019
To be invisible light needs to pass through you/past you without any interference.
In order to see light needs to hit the back of our eyes and thus there is interference.
This makes it impossible to both see and be invisible at the same time not to mention the fact that it was a joke.
Cause lens is being an arse about it