Beginner's Guide to Blood Magic

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Still on 1.0.1c, I can't craft the average (middle tier) power catalysts. I two of the weak ones (bottom tier) and the standard binding agent, there is sufficient LP in my network, and I'm using a Magicians Blood Orb, it just doesn't start to brew.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019

Assuming your referring to my post, I'll have another check to ensure that I'm not doing anything dump like insufficient LP in the network. From memory it was fine, but I might be wrong. I can't check tonight (it's just gone 8am here) so I'll see if I can check tomorrow morning.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Assuming your referring to my post, I'll have another check to ensure that I'm not doing anything dump like insufficient LP in the network. From memory it was fine, but I might be wrong. I can't check tonight (it's just gone 8am here) so I'll see if I can check tomorrow morning.

I wish I could be of some sort of help, but I haven't messed with alchemy enough yet.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
OK, I tested and confirmed, I had about 13,000LP in the network, and it didn't work, I upped it to 20,000 and still nothing. I tried removing and adding back in to see if that would help, still nothing. I also tried to make the average lengthening catalyst which had the same problem. I could make the mundane ones, but not the average. I cheated in another average power catalyst and some incendium (sp?) and tried to make a greater power catalyst, and that had the same problem.

I could make the basic catalyst and the weak binding agent with no dramas as well as the mundane lengthening catalysts. I haven't tried anything else.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
OK, I tested and confirmed, I had about 13,000LP in the network, and it didn't work, I upped it to 20,000 and still nothing. I tried removing and adding back in to see if that would help, still nothing. I also tried to make the average lengthening catalyst which had the same problem. I could make the mundane ones, but not the average. I cheated in another average power catalyst and some incendium (sp?) and tried to make a greater power catalyst, and that had the same problem.

I could make the basic catalyst and the weak binding agent with no dramas as well as the mundane lengthening catalysts. I haven't tried anything else.

What orb are you trying to use?

James_Grimm

Jul 29, 2019
It appears you have paid my ninja back, with a ninja of your own on Blood Alchemy @Padfoote

Glad it was worked out. Eventually I find that I just make a bunch of Master Orbs to put in everything to avoid that problem, because it can be difficult to remember which level of orb is where.

I'm testing out some new Alchemy stuff now in fact, on a whitelisted server.

Reactions: Padfoote

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
It appears you have paid my ninja back, with a ninja of your own on Blood Alchemy @Padfoote

Glad it was worked out. Eventually I find that I just make a bunch of Master Orbs to put in everything to avoid that problem, because it can be difficult to remember which level of orb is where.

I only knew that because I started documenting a little bit of it on the wiki. :p

Feel like sharing what you're testing?
So, I just thought of a BM addon.
Bloody Robes.
Because BM goggles of revealing aren't enough.
If I knew how to code I'd do it just for fun.

Reactions: Not_Steve

James_Grimm

Jul 29, 2019
Yup. Found a new potion effect: Drowning (Base Duration 22 seconds, like Regen/Poison/etc), it's made by binding a water bottle into a potion flask. I'm betting that's a negative effect meant to be thrown at others, so I'm not gonna drink it. You can try it first :D :D :D. Bet it works on other players seeing as how Way has been trolling DireWolf20 on Forgecraft 2. I wanna know how he teleported Dire away with Ritual stones over his base (I'm assuming it's a new ritual, because I sure don't remember a teleport people away one).

That video also revealed something else about Blood Alchemy - The Planar Binding effect, from Ender Pearls, prevents Player Teleportation. I would also bet that that would let you swim through TE Resonant Ender for example, or do other anti-teleport things.

Edit: I'm now envisioning a rather nasty PVP Blood Potion. Drowning + Planar Binding + Slowness (from Clay), as a Throwable Flask. Hit someone with that and they won't be getting away, and it'll damage someone even in Blood Armor or a MPS suit, unless they have some sort of Water Breathing attached. At 3 effects, it shouldn't be too grindy to make, maybe a half dozen attempts. *evil grin* I won't be making this on our friendly only whitelist server, but maybe one day I'll have need of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Padfoote

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019

I was thinking a bit about this, I raised in this thread that it was annoying in the crafting recipes, that you couldn't use a higher tier orb. What if you upgraded the orbs instead? So you craft the weak one by throwing in a diamond, then to make the next tier up, you craft that with an emerald, which gives you an unactivated apprentice blood orb, which you then have to activate in the blood altar. Obviously, it's your mod so you can do what you want, just throwing in my 2 cents.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I was thinking a bit about this, I raised in this thread that it was annoying in the crafting recipes, that you couldn't use a higher tier orb. What if you upgraded the orbs instead? So you craft the weak one by throwing in a diamond, then to make the next tier up, you craft that with an emerald, which gives you an unactivated apprentice blood orb, which you then have to activate in the blood altar. Obviously, it's your mod so you can do what you want, just throwing in my 2 cents.

Up to WayofTime on this since he's the author.
Yup. Found a new potion effect: Drowning (Base Duration 22 seconds, like Regen/Poison/etc), it's made by binding a water bottle into a potion flask. I'm betting that's a negative effect meant to be thrown at others, so I'm not gonna drink it. You can try it first :D :D :D. Bet it works on other players seeing as how Way has been trolling DireWolf20 on Forgecraft 2. I wanna know how he teleported Dire away with Ritual stones over his base (I'm assuming it's a new ritual, because I sure don't remember a teleport people away one).

That video also revealed something else about Blood Alchemy - The Planar Binding effect, from Ender Pearls, prevents Player Teleportation. I would also bet that that would let you swim through TE Resonant Ender for example, or do other anti-teleport things.

Edit: I'm now envisioning a rather nasty PVP Blood Potion. Drowning + Planar Binding + Slowness (from Clay), as a Throwable Flask. Hit someone with that and they won't be getting away, and it'll damage someone even in Blood Armor or a MPS suit, unless they have some sort of Water Breathing attached. At 3 effects, it shouldn't be too grindy to make, maybe a half dozen attempts. *evil grin* I won't be making this on our friendly only whitelist server, but maybe one day I'll have need of it.

This all sounds amazing. And yeah, Way setup a new ritual over dire's house (can't remember the name) but it teleports anyone who is not the owner or under the Planar Binding effect.

Reactions: James_Grimm

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I really like Planar Binding, because its a buff and debuff all at once. Keep someone from teleporting, planar binding. Swim through resonant ender to take care of that BR, planar binding. Oh, and AM2 AoE random teleport spells are annoying as hell.
Planar binding for that too.