Beginner's Guide to Blood Magic

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
@James_Grimm @SawBlade ^

Since you two seem to be quite skilled at the things I haven't even touched yet.

Edit: Sorry @madnewmy, I haven't messed with alchemy enough to give you an answer right now. I'm hoping someone drops by and helps soon.

James_Grimm

Jul 29, 2019
I am having trouble with alchemy :(

i am trying to make instant health potion II but my instan health I won't accept any power catalyst.

Any tip on what I am doing wrong/ingredient missing?
(I do have LP in my network (15k)

My first guess is you're missing another Glistening Melon. Every time you add a catalyst, you need another item of what ever potion effect you're boosting.

Reactions: Padfoote

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Well doubld post but what can I do, i have too much questions :$

Can you make it pass instant health IV? (Or any other kind of potions) I guess you would need to put extra power catalyst? And would that risk of BOOM?

Also, on a multieffect flask (2 for the example), if you apply a greater power and lenghtening to both of them, will there be a chance of explosion on one of the catalyst?

@James_Grimm you would probably know :) (does the rain dance)

James_Grimm

Jul 29, 2019
*Sanquine clouds appear as the setting sun bleeds the sky ...* What Foolish mortal who dares ... Oh. Good Evening Blood Magus, you have questions?

Hmmm. No, you can't stack catalysts, but adding catalysts does not risk explosions either. The catalyst mingles with the enchantment in the flask effortlessly, unlike a entirely new potion effect. You can only upgrade to a higher tier catalyst, so IV is as high as it goes with current knowledge of blood alchemy.

The explosions occur when you combine more then one effect. Multi-effect potions are the least understood part of blood alchemy (I need to more tests on that part).
You don't need a dance next time. :)

Komomo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm kind of having problems with tennebrae :( It's like it's not working because when I put 6 of them around the pedestal, I should be expecting an elemental right? I tried the others like terrae and they worked :( I'm using 0.7.2a btw...

And also, I'm thinking of automating LP but I have no idea of how to have a continuous tick with delay to make the Well of Suffering and the Ritual of Regeneration sync with each other so they can tick at the same time but I have no idea how :(

My setup is an Auto-spawner above the altar (It kinda looks like a temple with a torture chamber at the top >:)) with villagers on it that's controlled by a lever and the two rituals also controlled by levers. But I'm tired of manually doing that :(

I tried using MFR programmable redstone controllers but that shit is HARD to understand :( Does anybody have a different idea?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I'm kind of having problems with tennebrae :( It's like it's not working because when I put 6 of them around the pedestal, I should be expecting an elemental right? I tried the others like terrae and they worked :( I'm using 0.7.2a btw...

And also, I'm thinking of automating LP but I have no idea of how to have a continuous tick with delay to make the Well of Suffering and the Ritual of Regeneration sync with each other so they can tick at the same time but I have no idea how :(

My setup is an Auto-spawner above the altar (It kinda looks like a temple with a torture chamber at the top >:)) with villagers on it that's controlled by a lever and the two rituals also controlled by levers. But I'm tired of manually doing that :(

I tried using MFR programmable redstone controllers but that shit is HARD to understand :( Does anybody have a different idea?

I know one of the elementals is disabled, can't remember which, but I think it's that one.

Just do a Project Red timer instead. x amount of time on, 2x off, or something like that.

Komomo

Jul 29, 2019
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu After failing to make a successful attempt of understanding Redpower... I tried putting an automatic activator next to the lever that I used to switch the well of suffering thinking that I would have to resort to computercraft but then when I saw the health of the villager... I pooped minecraft bricks. Because the villager's health was steady going 18... 19... 18... 19... :) I thought I was going to spend a crapload of hours writing a codes...

Here's the layout and a pic showing alternate ticks of well of suffering
2014-05-14_21.43.06.png
and regen
2014-05-14_21.43.08.png

P.s. I couldn't press fast enough to capture the lever move sorry :(

Reactions: fedprod

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
What does the sigil of the dome do?
Oh, have you changed your mind about using blood magic?

If you mean the sigil of suppression, it removes all liquid around you while active and puts it back when deactivated or you move away. You can see it in this video (about 24:05 if the time part doesn't work).

Last edited:

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, have you changed your mind about using blood magic?

If you mean the sigil of suppression, it removes all liquid around you while active and puts it back when deactivated or you move away. You can see it in this video (about 24:05 if the time part doesn't work).
Yes, I started playing Agrarian Skies, and that introduced me to Blood Magic. Thanks for the help with the sigil, I put it in my bound boots.

Xarlas

Jul 29, 2019
Just a few questions (sorry if they were already answered in this therad i dond have read all 22 pages^^)
What sigils do what effect when used as upgrades in a bound armour ?
also how do i fly down with the pahntom bridge sigil inside the bound armour ?
Every step i made takes me one block up :(
Also the blocks arent decaying :(
What was my mistake ?

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
Just a few questions (sorry if they were already answered in this therad i dond have read all 22 pages^^)
What was my mistake ?
There's a list on the previous page, and the phantom bridge sigil in the bound armor is bugged, it should be below your feet, but it goes in front of your character instead.

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu After failing to make a successful attempt of understanding Redpower... I tried putting an automatic activator next to the lever that I used to switch the well of suffering thinking that I would have to resort to computercraft but then when I saw the health of the villager... I pooped minecraft bricks. Because the villager's health was steady going 18... 19... 18... 19... :) I thought I was going to spend a crapload of hours writing a codes...

Here's the layout and a pic showing alternate ticks of well of sufferingView attachment 11136 and regenView attachment 11137

P.s. I couldn't press fast enough to capture the lever move sorry :(
Unfortunately it seems it's all for not... mobs all have the same lp given when it comes to the well of suffering. So while this would be handy if it used villagers lp given, this just isn't the case. kudos on the design, and it'll be extremely handy if way does change it. But right now witch reactors may still be the best passive choice.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
What was my mistake ?

As @MarkusT said the Phantom Bridge is bugged when placed into the Bound Armor, so I suggest removing it as soon as you can.

Also, here's the list: Link

Reactions: Xarlas and madnewmy

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Does disabling then reenabling a ritual with redstone deduce LP from your network each time?