Beginner's Guide to Blood Magic

SawBlade

Jul 29, 2019
Tyrant. :)

I suppose I could be convinced to make a wiki account, In fact, when I get done recording my LP episode today I may just do that.

Working on an Altar design based off ideas that @CodaPDX gave me...

Reactions: YX33A

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Tyrant. :)

I suppose I could be convinced to make a wiki account, In fact, when I get done recording my LP episode today I may just do that.

I didn't think that would work. :p

PM me if you have any questions about the wiki, it's a bit confusing at first.

Reactions: YX33A and SawBlade

SawBlade

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't think that would work. :p

PM me if you have any questions about the wiki, it's a bit confusing at first.

This is what happens when I try to be active and helpful...I get recruited into being active and helpful. >.<

Side note @WayofTime , Saw you on Forgecraft. Grats on your mod getting so popular so fast. Keep up the awesome work and updates so Padfoot can remain forever beneath the pile of wiki changes.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
yay :D[DOUBLEPOST=1399232580][/DOUBLEPOST]I wish there was a list of what every single sigil does what in the bound armor :/
From my recent testing, listed in NEI order:
Water - Water Breathing (Particles)
Lava - Fire Resistance (Particles)
Void - Void Damage goes to LP(from being below Y=-62) (No buff)
Air - Negate Fall Damage (No buff) (Free)
Fast Miner - Haste II (Particles)
Divination - Night Vision (Particles)
Elemental Affinity - Cannot be used in Bound Armor
Haste - Boost II
Holding - Cannot be used in Bound Armor
Green Grove - Constant Sigil aura (particles)
Whirlwind - Constant Sigil effect (Whirlwind II) (not any more reliable than sigil itself)
Phantom Bridge - Constant Sigil effect (Bugged, creates bridge at player level instead of under)
Magnetism - Constant Sigil effect
Blood Lamp - Cannot be used in Bound Armor
Dome - Constant Sigil effect

With Thaumcraft, you can also use the Goggles of Revealing or Sanguine Helmet as a 'free' extra in the Helmet (in addition to 1 sigil with a Weak Blood Shard or 2 sigils with the Demon Blood Shard) to get the visual effect but NOT the Vis discount.

IMO, best bets are the Void, Air, Haste, and Magnetism sigils. They give you permanent character upgrades without drawbacks. I'm looking forward to learning more things that can be used in Bound Armor, or seeing the system expanded, to make me want to use Demon Blood Shards in my Bound Armor.
Also, want to add my voice to the congratulations. Love this mod and can't wait to see what the future holds!

Edit - Spoiler'd for those that want to experiment.

Last edited:

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
This may be answered somewhere in this thread. I'm playing Agrarian Skies and I'm trying to get my head around some parts of Blood Magic. I've managed to make the sacrificial knife, the Weak Blood Orb and I've got enough runes through reward bags to make a tier 2 altar.

I can store up LP in the Weak Blood Orb, but I don't get how to place it back into the Altar. For the Apprentice Blood Orb, I need 5,000 LP, which is 25 hearts of health. I can store this in the Weak Blood Orb, but as above, I can't extract from it into the Altar. Am I missing something really obvious? or is this how the mod works?

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
This may be answered somewhere in this thread. I'm playing Agrarian Skies and I'm trying to get my head around some parts of Blood Magic. I've managed to make the sacrificial knife, the Weak Blood Orb and I've got enough runes through reward bags to make a tier 2 altar.

I can store up LP in the Weak Blood Orb, but I don't get how to place it back into the Altar. For the Apprentice Blood Orb, I need 5,000 LP, which is 25 hearts of health. I can store this in the Weak Blood Orb, but as above, I can't extract from it into the Altar. Am I missing something really obvious? or is this how the mod works?
You put the blood in the altar for all infusions.

Reactions: Padfoote

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013

The conversion to LP in an orb is a one way conversion.

Reactions: SawBlade

SawBlade

Jul 29, 2019
Early on, having some type of health regen helps alot. Also, building the appropriate runes will help with LP gain. Self-Sacrifice runes give you more return for each prick of the sacrificial knife.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
The runes of Augmented capacity, combined with a well of suffering, are godly for things like filling sockets. I have enough to give my altar a 30000 LP capacity.

SawBlade

Jul 29, 2019
When I get home, I'll record a walk through of my new altar room for you. It's.. Excessive.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Edit: Alright, home and recorded. Easier to see what I did on this one in comparison to my first little PSA. Hope it helps anyone with questions :)

Edit edit: Just had a kaboom, still some engineering to work out. >.<

Last edited:

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to shut off a ritual without breaking the master ritual stone? (trying to avoid paying activation cost over and over)

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
I am having trouble with alchemy :(

i am trying to make instant health potion II but my instan health I won't accept any power catalyst.

Any tip on what I am doing wrong/ingredient missing?
(I do have LP in my network (15k)