August News

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Producing a 1.10.x pack at this point just doesn't make sense. A pack that requires the time investment into producing it that an Expert style pack requires isn't justified if you are producing it for a version that no longer has widespread mode support. We want our packs to last more than a couple of weeks and we'd like the opportunity to work with mod developers to get bugs fixed as they are found. As has been mentioned, most mods are now being developed on 1.12.x and backwards support is often limited.
So whats the ETA on the Expert pack? And just because say, EnderIO isn't in 1.12, doesn't mean, that the FTB team can't make the say CraftTweaker recipe for Binder Composite or a Machine Chassis.

Drawdenion

Jul 29, 2019
Producing a 1.10.x pack at this point just doesn't make sense. A pack that requires the time investment into producing it that an Expert style pack requires isn't justified if you are producing it for a version that no longer has widespread mod support. We want our packs to last more than a couple of weeks and we'd like the opportunity to work with mod developers to get bugs fixed as they are found. As has been mentioned, most mods are now being developed on 1.12.x and backwards support is often limited.
So I guess our next question is. Do we have a rough ballpark estimate of an ETA for another pack?

Reactions: Nuclear_Creeper0

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
So I guess our next question is. Do we have a rough ballpark estimate of an ETA for another pack?
Horizons III has just gone into testing on FTB One, keep an eye on the progress of that pack and the various streams and videos being produced for it to have a better idea as to when it might be ready for public use.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Horizons III has just gone into testing on FTB One, keep an eye on the progress of that pack and the various streams and videos being produced for it to have a better idea as to when it might be ready for public use.

Is this the pack that you and Slowpoke have been testing live on Twitch for at least a week now?

Drawdenion

Jul 29, 2019
So there is talk about Thaumcraft and twilight forest either being Made and Ported, or someone else picked up the code. Anyone else actually excited about that but me? Witchery got picked up by a 3rd party as well

D

DoubleDeuce101

i dont really care about twilight forest but honestly any modpack that claims to have "magic" in it better have witchery or thaumcraft in it or else it isnt a real modpack

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
If you'd like to play old mods, you might find you're better served playing old packs.